Ongoing Discussion GTX and RX 20XX series GPU's and possible prices

Gremlich

according to AddoredTV

NVIDIA Titan RTX – $3000 US (50% Faster Than 1080 Ti)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 – $500-$700 US (50% Faster Than 1080)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 7GB GDDR6 – $300-$500 US (40% Faster Than 1070)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060 5GB GDDR6 – $200-$300 US (27% Faster Than 1060)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2050 4GB GDDR5 – $100-$200 US (50% Faster Than 1050 Ti)

5 hours ago, Donut said:

If a 2080 is $700 while 1080ti's are selling for ~$700 then I have no hope for the 2080ti's. If they're around the $500 mark then that isn't bad, but any higher, Nvidia are shooting themselves in the foot.

Technology changes account for much, don't Pooh Pooh them until they become available. Firmware efficiences could be behind the claims and prices on many GTX1080 models are coming down, some, like the FTW is currently under $500. I'm thinking about getting a 1080 model after OCS and BC drop. I don't need the best and brightest parts until SC launches, whenever that happens, and I hear about performance.

5 hours ago, Gremlich said:

I'm thinking about getting a 1080 model after OCS and BC drop. I don't need the best and brightest parts until SC launches, whenever that happens, and I hear about performance.

I am thinking about this as well.

13 hours ago, Gremlich said:

The RTX2070 and RTX2080 are rumored to have ray tracing

Rumored? *slap to forehead* That's like asking does a pint of milk taste like milk?

RTX .... Ray Tracing... RT. They do, all RTX cards have them/it/that. GTX won't. 

Still running a GTX 980 (no Ti) from when it was first released.  I'm probably ready to take part in this upgrade cycle.  Don't really care to pay a premium for ray tracing stuff nothing I run will ever use, but it looks like the *TX *80 part will have it no matter what.  I wonder if I can find one with 2 DisplayPorts and 2 DVI ports, 'cause I kind of need that to support my monitors and streaming PC's video capture card today and in the future.

Rumor says NDA expires August 21st, so I guess I'll find out early next week.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, Boildown said:

I'm probably ready to take part in this upgrade cycle.  

Check out the prices for GTX1080/1070 GPUs over the next bunch of months as their prices drop. I'm gonna pass on the GTX20XX series I think unless I see a 2070 below $500 - and even then...

I don't care about VR, RT or 4k. Call me a cretin, I don't care, a GPU doesn't have to cost so much for a video game. And I can afford Titan money cards. I'm a less than casual gamer, maybe that's it.

1080's (non "ti" like Gaming, FTW, SC, etc,) are starting to dip below $500 at Newegg, EVGA B-stock, and eBay (watch for miners selling their GTX1080 ti cards).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

The only thing should I be stupid and buy RTX 2080 Ti....

No. Get a 1080 ti when the prices drop towards the end of the year. I just picked up an EVGA GTX1070 ti for $400 - you know, to beat the rush.

BTW, one GPU vendor returned 300k 1080 PCBs to nvidia - expect a spate of 1080 series cards in about a month or so. You can get a 1080 card for under $500 now, but the 1070 ti is better than the vanilla 1080 cards. Watch out for used cards and consider refurb cards if you cannot afford new.

I found this, but think it's a typo - PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 1080 0 OC GAMING Graphics Card - 8 GB GDDR5X - 256-bit - 1708 MHz for $40

Heh, just checked "temporarily out of stock"

Personally, I won't but the RTX 2080 really, I'd buy a 1080 ti instead or maybe a RTX 2080 Ti if I won the lottery. However, I won't but a stock or FE card. I personally like the Asus strikes, but more costly.

The RTX 2080 doesn't give you alot OCing, but the RTX 2080 Ti does. The only down side is the pricing ffs.

So it looks to me like they took their GTX 2080 and put a GTX 2080Ti label on it, and marked it up 50%.  Same for the GTX 2080, which should be a GTX 2070 by the performance stats.  So Nvidia is double-screwing us, higher prices for lower tier than what we've come to expect from a new generation (from Nvidia at least).

Why is the Ti version even coming out now instead of 6-9 months from now?  Is there going to be a Ti-squared 9 months from now?

Anyways, I'm sitting this one out until something changes.

Ok first off, you did 980 vs 1080 lmao.

second, it doesn't  do real benchmarks, it only does syn benchmarks.

atm 2080 and 1080 Ti  are very close together (excluding RT). The 2080 Ti has got a large jump even with the RT turned off, but the pricing again is Too high for a normal person, hell even the 2080 still is too high.