Want to Buy Idris-m LTI

PWS-Silver

I'm suddenly in the market for an Idris-M, And from what I'm told, the only way I can get one right now is either from the grey market, and from buying the $15,000 or $27,000 game package...

I'm just a normal guy, and even $1,000 is a bit too much for me to be spending on a game, but, here I am lol.

So, down to business. I want the idris-m with LTI, I will pay $1,000 dollars for one.

You send the ship, I send the money, boda-bing, boda-boom, everyone's happy... it seems paypal is pretty shadey so if you could suggest a safer method of payment that you would be more comfortable with, I would happily take suggestions and look into them, if not, paypal is fine.

I do not currently have the money at the moment, so I might just be jumping the gun here, but I wanted to see what responses I would get in advance. It will take me a few months to save up the money for this purchase. But let me know, If nothing else I would like the hear some opinions, maybe some wise words to talk me out of doing this :P

Sorry but i think you might be in for some disappointment. Generally speaking Idris M go for about $3k and they are always account locked which means your purchasing someones old acct and thats a whole separare issue...
As for paypal its the most secure via invoicing and verified accts... if your looking for added security look for a trusted middleman on reddit to broker the deal but that will cost you as well.

Good luck
AJ

I'm suddenly in the market for an Idris-M, And from what I'm told, the only way I can get one right now is either from the grey market, and from buying the $15,000 or $27,000 game package...

I'm just a normal guy, and even $1,000 is a bit too much for me to be spending on a game, but, here I am lol.

So, down to business. I want the idris-m with LTI, I will pay $1,000 dollars for one.
You send the ship, I send the money, boda-bing, boda-boom, everyone's happy... it seems paypal is pretty shadey so if you could suggest a safer method of payment that you would be more comfortable with, I would happily take suggestions and look into them, if not, paypal is fine.

I do not currently have the money at the moment, so I might just be jumping the gun here, but I wanted to see what responses I would get in advance. It will take me a few months to save up the money for this purchase. But let me know, If nothing else I would like the hear some opinions, maybe some wise words to talk me out of doing this [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sorry but i think you might be in for some disappointment. Generally speaking Idris M go for about $3k and they are always account locked which means your purchasing someones old acct and thats a whole separare issue...
As for paypal its the most secure via invoicing and verified accts... if your looking for added security look for a trusted middleman on reddit to broker the deal but that will cost you as well.

Idris M original melt value was $1000 so can be gifted. Its the Idris P that was $1250 that's account locked.

From 1st of April you don't need to ask CIG for gifting items which cost more then $1000. (info from Spectrum) My friend sold his Javelin and gifted it. 
Also Sitarow said that all his Idris'es and Javelin has GIFT trigger and ready to transfer to anybody.
My Idris also has the gift tag but i was informed by comceige its non functioning and that all pledges of 1000 or more cannoy be transfered due to US anti money/terrorist laws
If you have a link to spectrum convo where CIG staff confirm they have a work around id greatly appreciate it if you could post it here.
Thx

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

IMO, if you really want the Idris-M.. the CHEAPEST way to get it... believe it or not.. is to melt into the $15K pack.

Yes it's waaaay more money than you intend to spend right now but hear me out... your $15K (over time) is gonna get you a lot of value and you get your end goal.

You'll be able to earn an idris in game with a crap ton of hard work, or.. if you pace yourself... put around $100 to $300 a month in on SC.. you'll get there.

Or... you know... pay a $2K+ premium for just 1 ship... which ... you may find to be disappointing.

I never in a million years thought I'd spend hundreds of dollars on digital spaceships... let alone thousands. I'm a self employed student... I don't have tons of money.. if I'm able to get to completionist in 3 years... if you have steady work.. there's no reason you can't get there yourself too.

P.S. A standalone Idris-M is giftable yes. Nice to see ya here SirDoAlot, I think I've gotten a ship or two from you before :D

On 7/25/2018 at 9:59 AM, DirectorGunner said:

IMO, if you really want the Idris-M.. the CHEAPEST way to get it... believe it or not.. is to melt into the $15K pack.

Yes it's waaaay more money than you intend to spend right now but hear me out... your $15K (over time) is gonna get you a lot of value and you get your end goal.

You'll be able to earn an idris in game with a crap ton of hard work, or.. if you pace yourself... put around $100 to $300 a month in on SC.. you'll get there.

Or... you know... pay a $2K+ premium for just 1 ship... which ... you may find to be disappointing.

I never in a million years thought I'd spend hundreds of dollars on digital spaceships... let alone thousands. I'm a self employed student... I don't have tons of money.. if I'm able to get to completionist in 3 years... if you have steady work.. there's no reason you can't get there yourself too.

lol what?  how is it gonna be cheaper to spend 15k$?

buying such package has sense only if you can afford and wish to spend all this cash for SC.

I calculated long time ago what was the price in Wing commander package (10k$) and Completionist for idris-M.   if you exclude all other ships from it, price for Idris-M was ~2500$

and huge disadvantage of mega combo packages it that you have to pay for bunch of crap ships, like auroras and so :P

So buying Idris-M for 2-3k$  has it's point. Though not many people are ready to spend such amount of $ for 1 ship, especially considering javelin price at 3000$ now.

6 hours ago, Furystorm said:

lol what?  how is it gonna be cheaper to spend 15k$?

buying such package has sense only if you can afford and wish to spend all this cash for SC.

I calculated long time ago what was the price in Wing commander package (10k$) for idris-M.   if you exclude all other ships from it, price for Idris-M was ~2500$. probably rate gonna be ~ the same for 15k$ package.

and huge disadvantage of mega combo packages it that you have to pay for bunch of crap ships, like auroras and so :P

So buying Idris-M for 2-3k$  has it's point. Though not many people are ready to spend such amount of $ for 1 ship, especially considering javelin price at 3000$ now.

I'm talking about pure price per ship and total utility. The crap ships as you stated, are all LTI and can be CCU'd to any number of ships desired (mostly) at anniversary sales.

The point, is not having to pay some schmuck 300%+ profit when CIG still gives you a route to get there without having to do that. And let's face it.. if you're gonna spend $3K on an idris-M.. like most other backers I know who have already... you won't stop just there. No one does really... once you cross that threshold. Let's be realistic here.

3 hours ago, DirectorGunner said:

I'm talking about pure price per ship and total utility. The crap ships as you stated, are all LTI and can be CCU'd to any number of ships desired (mostly) at anniversary sales.

The point, is not having to pay some schmuck 300%+ profit when CIG still gives you a route to get there without having to do that. And let's face it.. if you're gonna spend $3K on an idris-M.. like most other backers I know who have already... you won't stop just there. No one does really... once you cross that threshold. Let's be realistic here.

weird logic.  like I told, current Idris-M cost in package is ~2500$.  you are offering to spend 15k$ on game, instead of letting some "schmuck" get profit.

Sounds like - you'll make bad to "schmuck", and to yourself as well, unless you are mega game fan who can afford to spend 15k (in this case it's really better to buy mega package). and as experienced trader I sell you - there're so few people who spent over 3k$ on SC.

number of 15k+ pledge backer is negligible.

Following your logic - having many LTI ships is good if you plan to upgrade them into something useful as well, which will lead for you to spend 20k$+.

this is absurd for most gamers over here.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:54 AM, Furystorm said:

weird logic.  like I told, current Idris-M cost in package is ~2500$.  you are offering to spend 15k$ on game, instead of letting some "schmuck" get profit.

Sounds like - you'll make bad to "schmuck", and to yourself as well, unless you are mega game fan who can afford to spend 15k (in this case it's really better to buy mega package). and as experienced trader I sell you - there're so few people who spent over 3k$ on SC.

number of 15k+ pledge backer is negligible.

Following your logic - having many LTI ships is good if you plan to upgrade them into something useful as well, which will lead for you to spend 20k$+.

this is absurd for most gamers over here.

Coming from one of the many active pledge resellers for PROFIT on reddit. You do have obvious bias toward selling an Idris-M for $2.5K or $3K. lol okay, let me break it down for you Fury.

TL;DR version, a lone person trying to buy an Idris-M at a $1500+ loss, is being dumb. I explain why below. Important bits highlighted with formatting.

The profit is gone to waste for the buyer while seller pads his or her pockets like a politician. When that $1500+ had much better utility otherwise for the buyer in sustainable fleet building. An idris-M is not sustainable by itself. And if it's for an ORG (the buyer) may as well collectively melt into a larger pack. If you ask around, I think you'll find that you are underestimating the amount of $10K and $15K old packs that have been sold to small ORGs and individuals alike. The old $10K pack was a great solution and your math was off, original difference between original standalone prices and that pack was $10,110. That's $110 savings. Which has been expanded by the current value increases with some ships. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ojxR84DJlX9i7Zu0ZrYkWPhKQUYIcK5bx5Ia8fQgimY/edit#gid=991305175

For newer backers or beginning level concierge backers, dipping your toes into the pledge ocean to give yourself more stress (sustaining and operating an Idris-M with little to no fleet) at a $1500+ loss in comparative advantage... is imo poor judgement. If you have the fleet to sustain it.. and wanted the Idris-M.. you should have melted into the $10K pack or $15K pack individually or as a group. Which, again, is probably a lot more common than you think. Did you speak with most of the small ORG leaders of all those ORGs that used to spam invites in the old forum before spectrum.... Remember those days? lol spam city. Most people I think ignored or deleted, by why not talk, and make friends with them? Which is not what we're doing here sadly because I know you're biased toward re-selling your pledges at a profit right? As well as a large amount of other sellers on reddit.. you're not alone... which is sad on a fundamental level. Deep down, you all know it's selfish.. but you know.. you want to profit from people's love of Star Citizen for your own benefit as most of the other active for profit sellers.

Here's a personal example...

One of the active sellers here on this forum got a Glaive from me, at COST, through the TEST forums. I didn't make one penny of profit (I refunded the few cents difference), as my intention with any pledge I trade. He replied he'd return the favor. Okay that's nice. He then later wanted to charge me something like $60 to $80 for a spare big benny's machine. Completely ignoring the previous offer he made of trading fairly and instead tried to charge something like a 1200% profit for it iirc. He knows who he is. You guys selling at a profit generally LOVE taking advantage of people selling at cost or at a loss (those walking away from SC) and charging large to massive profits for them from other buyers later. It's allowed for the time being, grey market and all, but imo it is fundamentally disgusting concerning the spirit of what pledging is about. It's akin to ticket scalping. And I find it odd that the at cost seller shops get downvoted on the subreddit. Food for thought.

The logic might not make sense to you or others who are being short sighted or don't plan on building their fleet out... and that's fine... to each his own. Schmucks will be schmucks.

P.S. Note to others who are new to backing and got this far

If you intend to build your fleet out anyway.. over a few years.. just be patient and melt into the larger packs that have the capitol ships you want. If you have an ORG with friends you really trust IRL, you can pool your resources to leverage your RSI credit as others have.

TL DR: if you want to buy 1 car cheaper, you dont buy whole car showroom

your logic has too many presumptions:

1. melt for other ships (btw melt word is wrong in that case, better call it "split" for many people) - pointless if you dont want to spend 15k$+ dollars on game

2. it's only acceptable for rich fans and org leaders. In case of org leader - there must be real trust between these people, to send $ to another guy who will buy mega package on his account with promise to split it later when game is released.  (btw now there wasnt any  solid statement that will be possible, maybe LTI will be lost in that case, just a presumption)

3. I dont sell Idris-M and never did, coz it's very rare old ship from old days.

4. Person having Idris-M  "earned" $ on it when it grew up from small corvette to big frigate, and coz it's limited military version.

5. 10k package is now not available, so forget about it.

6. Even if you consider big pack, current -M price is 2500$ with burdening of buying 12500$  more ships.  absurd.  so paying extra 500$ in that case doesn't seem critical in my opinion. and for person who decided to spend few thousands of $ for a game should be on option as well

7.it's not necessary to have 12500$ if ships to earn enough $ to sustain Idris.  you have a total spend on ~4-5k$ and be fine (idris + orion + banu MM + carrack + reclaimer + few fighters for example) - good and nice fleet with an Idris is a jewel here.

I actually see no sense arguing with you anymore, go and buy 15k package in that case and be happy that you didn't pay any extra $ of original price :)

please  send a screenshot of your package here when it's done :P

"TL DR: if you want to buy 1 car cheaper, you dont buy whole car showroom"

TL;DR You're making a False Analogy fallacy. Patiently being prudent and building up your ship fleet at or near melt cost to achieve your goals is better than being impatient and paying a super high premium to a pledge scalper.

You won't buy a used BMW for 300% of it's KBB value right?

Why spend that much of an extra premium (in the hundreds or thousands) for a digital spaceship? It's INSANE.

Collecting ship jpgs from CIG is an expensive hobby, like Warhammer figures.

Some see paying this much for ship jpgs is insane, and to others it's a hobby like any other, just an expensive one but even still, it's cheaper than some other hobbies by far.

Case in point,

People spend thousands on their stupid candy crush and other games over the course of a year or more because they don't keep track of their micro purchases or they can afford to skip an extra cup of coffee that day.

Those kind of people, are the perfect candidates, if they wanted an Idris-M, to get to these large packs within a couple to a few years.

And here's your proof.

I already own the $15K pack... took about 3 years to get into it. I'm less than $10K away from Legatus. Most I've ever spent in a month was a war bond pioneer and a few other things. I accrued my RSI credit over time, and made the switch into this old completionist pack specifically for the captured scythe, idris-M, and doubles of ships I like. If I somehow spend another $9K to $10K before release (I'm assuming at least 2 years away), I'll melt into the new legatus pack.

hUUrzda.png

And I didn't get here paying extremely high premiums on the grey market, sometimes I've paid premiums, but only when they were reasonable for what I was getting.. eg $90 for an AMD Omega a year or more ago.. ~$65 a piece for x4 Ravens.. Somewhere around $300 something iirc for my signed physical rear admiral pack.. Got my F7A skin as a free gift from a random ORG mate that felt like being generous one day... never spoke with him before but he was kind enough to just gift it to me without asking for anything in return.. an amazing experience! Also bought my first 890j LTI at COST for $600. My Glaive LTI I think I paid maybe $20 premium above melt to get, that's fair. My lightspeed LTI pack, I paid around $20 premium for it above melt iirc. My weekend warrior LTI I paid a small premium for. My Endeavor Master pack from Grumpycat at cost and she didn't charge me PP fees! What an angel! Sad to see she walked away from SC recently. But if you notice a trend here.... REASONABLE premiums or at melt + pp fees.

That's what a prudent person will do, I'm not about to pad some aholes pockets who feels like being greedy with a rare pledge.

What's the point? Again.. it's silly to pay large premiums to get a ship from a profit reseller, when it's very possible to get it directly from CIG or near or at cost from someone in your ORG or ship fan club or where ever. Schmucks will be schmucks... they can waste their money to pad someone else's pockets besides CIG. But I chose to pad the pockets of CIG to help fund development of this game. I'm doing my part, and sharing the message that people don't need to support these grey market profit scalpers.

Here's the solution for a majority of all this grey market scalping crap. LTI on every pledge bought before release retroactively applied. done.

You won't buy a used BMW for 300% of it's KBB value right?

if this BMW is no longer manufactured so it became rare and limited ship - you will, even more than 300%. 

Rare BMW M1 For Sale: $965,000

https://www.bmwblog.com/2015/06/27/rare-bmw-m1-for-sale-965000/

gz that you managed to acquire some rare ships at good price, but Idris-M and scyther are 2 most limited and expensive ships in SC.

lowest price I ever saw on Idris-M  was ~1800$, but that was account sale before buyback system was implemented. after that price raised significantly

if you spent 10-15k on game package it doesnt mean everybody is going to do so.

Used Car, was thinking of used car lots, which is what the subreddit essentially is.

You jumped into a whole different category of luxury vintage/classics, which again, is not what these pledges are.

22 hours ago, Furystorm said:

if you spent 10-15k on game package it doesnt mean everybody is going to do so.

Specifically concerning a backer who wants an Idris-M.... Yes and No... because it does happens a lot once you pass the threshold of spending thousands on Star Citizen.

let's assume $3K for an idris M on the grey market and someone buys it.. assuming the same person had a few ships and game packages before that... assume around at least a total of $4K to 5K+ into SC for the average SC backer who owns an Idris-M including the total cost for any grey market buys.

You're halfway to $10K already, more than likely that person, unless they refund/sell, is gonna go the next step. CIG are experts and getting people to open their wallets. It comes down to... I have to spend $3K right now (at a substantial loss) even though I'll spend much more later.... or let me wait and spend all that I will eventually and then melt into a pack that has the Idris-M. The later scenario is a wiser decision between the two.

I've seen it happen a metric butt load of times in TEST Squadron, in 890j club, in spectrum concierge chat. I've also seen an idris-M fiasco happen where someone got butt hurt and walked away from SC over an Idris-M, Failure2Report for example. People get crazy, once they get more confident in spending thousands on SC... over ships they want.

Show me ONE backer... just ONE... that spent $3K on an idris M in the grey market and has less than $1K pledged on his or her main account.

I don't think that kind of person exists.

How many different ways do I need to expound upon my point here?

Because instead of acknowledging any merit in my main point, you've been dancing around it.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:53 PM, DirectorGunner said:

Used Car, was thinking of used car lots, which is what the subreddit essentially is.

You jumped into a whole different category of luxury vintage/classics, which again, is not what these pledges are.

Specifically concerning a backer who wants an Idris-M.... Yes and No... because it does happens a lot once you pass the threshold of spending thousands on Star Citizen.

let's assume $3K for an idris M on the grey market and someone buys it.. assuming the same person had a few ships and game packages before that... assume around at least a total of $4K to 5K+ into SC for the average SC backer who owns an Idris-M including the total cost for any grey market buys.

You're halfway to $10K already, more than likely that person, unless they refund/sell, is gonna go the next step. CIG are experts and getting people to open their wallets. It comes down to... I have to spend $3K right now (at a substantial loss) even though I'll spend much more later.... or let me wait and spend all that I will eventually and then melt into a pack that has the Idris-M. The later scenario is a wiser decision between the two.

I've seen it happen a metric butt load of times in TEST Squadron, in 890j club, in spectrum concierge chat. I've also seen an idris-M fiasco happen where someone got butt hurt and walked away from SC over an Idris-M, Failure2Report for example. People get crazy, once they get more confident in spending thousands on SC... over ships they want.

Show me ONE backer... just ONE... that spent $3K on an idris M in the grey market and has less than $1K pledged on his or her main account.

I don't think that kind of person exists.

How many different ways do I need to expound upon my point here?

Because instead of acknowledging any merit in my main point, you've been dancing around it.

Idris-M and Scythe are exactly luxury pledges referring to game. 

If somebody wants Idris, I's much more rational to buy Idris-P (single or in small pack). Armada pack for 2500$ was a really nice option, maybe it will appear again later. -M is rare and that's why more pricey limited ship.

I got your point - if somebody wants to buy a lambo, it's doubtfull he's living in a hut, not a huge house.

At some point this is true, but you dont follow my thoughts:

if you buy 15k$ package, you cant choose ships you want, so if you want to change it to your need you gonna spend extra, which can lead to spending over 20k$

Though new 15k package is nicer than previous one, as it doesnt have many small ships.

about fleet, having single ships makes you more volitile on your choise, if you dont like smth, you can melt and replace with another ship at your choise, which is impossible with combo pack.

and I can easily imagine some1 having ~5-7k of ships, including Idris-M. that will be more than enough for 1 player, covering most gameplay aspects.

Your insisting that spending 15-20k$ is better and cheaper is absurd.