UIV, VKB owner and chief engineer, has dropped a little sneak peek on another forum, and since it's out in the open now, here's a couple of teaser images of the VKB Kosmosima SCG (Space Combat Grip). Of course, it's also very much usable in DCS. 

Please be aware that this is not an announcement, but a little something to see for those that have been waiting for the Kosmosima design to be revealed:

image.thumb.png.5b275684ef55ee0344096e5d72491d4e.png

image.thumb.png.87f9080064e0a7f4d01da3f3119e1edd.png

A few key points of info I was given so far: 

- Comes in both left- and right-handed versions (SCG-L and SCG-R)

- Both have a contactless twist adapter built-in by default (can be hard-locked via screw)

- Compatible with Gunfighter and Gladiator Pro bases

- Both have two LED indicators; one single-color, the second RGB (operation of the LED indicators can be customized via software)

- Both have dual-stage triggers

- All hat switches on both grips have push functionality, and one can toggle between analog/digital mode via long push

- Both come with a detachable palm rest

- Planned retail price is less than $99 (per grip)

Please be aware that I don't have any further info and details at this time (and no ETA). Once I get more updates down the line, I will try and keep everyone informed.

Source: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3539012#post3539012

4 hours ago, Juntau said:

Only drawback is the price, the base is another 300 USD. Dual stick users are looking at a 800 USD investment give or take a few dollars. That's a lot of money for an input device.

And for something predominantly plastic as well. Not to say that plastic is bad, but if I had to place bets on whether a metal or plastic stick is going to last longer being used day in and day out, my money is on the metal.

46 minutes ago, J. Coren said:

And for something predominantly plastic as well. Not to say that plastic is bad, but if I had to place bets on whether a metal or plastic stick is going to last longer being used day in and day out, my money is on the metal.

Personally I've been eyeballing the Virpil sticks. The base construction seems outstanding, but these are expensive as well. I'm going to hold off until there is more SC content before I make a decision on this. 

Yeah, I like the Virpil Constellation, but it's missing too many things for me.  This one seems to fit the bill a little better. It's too bad about the plastic, but I've had durable plastic joysticks before.  Those CH Flighsticks are pretty indestructible.

Considering the control setup many players were adamant about in 2013 - KB+M, it is really interesting that dual joystick setups are becoming increasingly popular, even more than HOTAS. To be fair, I'm using a Microsoft Strategic Commander as my left-hand device. It's ostensibly a flat joystick that I use as both a throttle and position controller.

A control device using Halls sensors is key. The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, while a decent and at $30 (usual price) does NOT have that sensor type and therefore has a shorter life. I'm on my third. The T-16000 has the Halls sensor and can be converted to be a left-handed stick. It is also inexpensive.

So, at a minimum, we're looking for Halls sensors, durability, cost, footprint, and ergonomics (in which I include left/right handedness) as the variables for the controller algorithm.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3331&sid=25f399975feb87d27202d7178ba87e80

SCG2.jpg

They are looking for testers but you need to own at least 2 VKB bases.

They seem to be moving relatively fast for this one.

Grip looks good. Modularity on thumb button and joystick head are nice. Grip has built-in twist so that's also nice.

I might grab one if I can get access to one to replace my old Gladiator Mk.I that I'm currently using.