Chimaera

Fake GlassDoor Review for CIG exposed

So I came across this nugget from BoredGamer today, and it got me thinking about the review and who may have written/been motivated to write the review. The only group I could come up with who would put down something like this is either a current/former employee at CIG who didn't want to write a GlassDoor of their own OR a current backer who is a part of the group who really hates some of the directions that the flight model has taken.  Thoughts folks?

I tend to not trust anonymous user-submitted review sites since they mostly attract negative reviews, while most people with positive experience won't say anything.

My time on Kiwi Farms has also taught me that there is no limit to what a group of exceptional detractors are willing to do in an attempt to try and ruin someone's life and that there is no bottom to the autism barrel to scrape, only a never-ending pit.

4 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

This has happened before and could be traced back to someone not overly Smart and his little cult of haters.

See I wouldn't say it was from DS directly. Maybe a troll from his entourage, but the overall tone of the review was too overall positive/constructive to have come from DS himself.

51 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

See I wouldn't say it was from DS directly. Maybe a troll from his entourage, but the overall tone of the review was too overall positive/constructive to have come from DS himself.

True, the first part sounded like someone trying to impersonate John yet the second part reeked of Derek's narrative.

But I just did a quick check on his Twitter and notice that he was already tweeting entire narrative volumes about John's departure and was aware of the 'review' less than 48 hours after it went up while immediately trying to cover his own ass in not only the same but also the followup tweet. 

The thing is, nobody would bother checking some random site like Glassdoor every other day yet somehow he knew about it. To me this means that he either had a hand in it directly or was made aware of it the moment one of his henchmen was done posting it. Wouldn't be surprised if this was orchestrated on his own private Discord server and he's just playing coy as he's been on his 24/7 hate and harrassment campaign against Star Citizen for 3 years straight now.

At the end of the day it won't matter. With Star Citizen now visibly becoming a playable game he and his cult of haters will just fade off into obscurity. :) 

1 hour ago, Danakar Endeel said:

True, the first part sounded like someone trying to impersonate John yet the second part reeked of Derek's narrative.

The more I re-read the post (immortalized in Boredgamer's youtube video) the more I think it's someone who is tied to the subgroup of the community who really, REALLY hates the flight model changes that happened over the last year or so. They could be a part of the troll brigade, sure, but honestly it seems like someone who's heavily invested in the debate around the physics and flight models of the game. The thing that makes me think this "cons" section where there is a huge focus on the flight model, how awesome it was in the first three years of development, but now it's suddenly "soured". That's the core narrative of the group that has been getting their panties in a twist about changes to the flight model being "existential threats" to the quality of the game in the long run. 

True or false, it has the same results - nothing...

No idea what the goal was but in the overall big picture, what did they hope to gain other than notoriety? It has the same effect as the DS head banging has the last few years.

Nothing is different than before this was released. - DRUM out

4 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

This has happened before and could be traced back to someone not overly Smart and his little cult of haters. As such I suspect them pulling the same shit again because that's all they have left at this point. ;)

Your picture (btw) is from a different post on GlassDoor. Did you know that or were you just sharing the old one?

8 hours ago, Chimaera said:

Your picture (btw) is from a different post on GlassDoor. Did you know that or were you just sharing the old one?

I was sharing the old one as that was another time when he also had a hand in posting fake Glassdoor reviews for his FUD campaign (and gloating about it on Twitter) while claiming it wasn't him yet going completely mental when he saw that I had contacted Glassdoor about it and they agreed it was fake (he was hounding /r/DS every day).

Back then he first called on his goon brigade to spam-report the image I had uploaded as proof so it was removed from Imgur, then he was ranting like a howler monkey that he would personally contact Glassdoor to see to it that the review was reinstated (very suspicious as he claimed that he didn't have a hand in it) and then a new version was reposted (not reinstated) a day later and he was once more gloating about it on Twitter. But then that one also got removed for still being fake and then a hastily edited third copy popped up and Glassdoor admins just gave up.

So back in 2015-2016 he was already using Glassdoor and Escapist for spreading fake articles to spew his FUD narrative. And this time in 2018 history repeats itself and another fake Glassdoor review gets seamlessly woven into his FUD narrative like clockwork. The timing is just too convenient so he must have known about it beforehand. Same thing happened with those fabricated articles the Escapist was pushing out where fake Glassdoor reviews just conveniently popped up for Lizzy to quote just in time for the second article. 

The guy is persistent, I'll give him that. He is also stupid and obvious. Like a pyromaniac watching a burning house but telling the police "nuh-uh it wasn't me" while shoving empty fuel cans back into his car. :P