Alpha 3.2 is LIVE

VoA

Post your experience. ... :)

Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 Available!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16639-Star-Citizen-Alpha-32-Available

STAR CITIZEN ALPHA 3.2 AVAILABLE!

Banner.png

Alpha 3.2

An-Eclipse-New-To-32-A-Stealth-Bomber-Ov

Today, we release our quarterly update to the Star Citizen Alpha Persistent universe, Alpha 3.2. In the new patch, Star Citizen players can use the Prospector ship’s mining arm to gather and sell resources harvested from the three moons, adding new gameplay and a huge resource to the game’s burgeoning economy. This economy comes into play in an entirely new way: 3.2 dramatically expands the number of items players can purchase at in-game kiosks with their hard earned in-game currency.

On the technical side, Alpha 3.2 dramatically improves upon the grouping system, delivering on the Star Citizen community’s most requested feature stemming from a vote in March of 2018. This new feature enables up to fifty players to travel the universe together as they enjoy the game’s more than thirty varying, procedurally-generated, mission types. NPC ship AI has also been improved with new behaviors that give in-game enemies a lot more teeth.

Avenger-Titan-New-To-32-Small-Freighter-

Star Citizen Alpha 3.2 also adds several new flyable ships and playable weapons and armor, adding to its impressive stable of more than 60 ships and 300 in-game weapons, armor and character items. New playable items include:

• One new ship weapon and three new personal weapons for players to unleash mayhem upon their enemies
  • Six updated “Legacy” armor suits created by various in-game entities that hearken back to years gone by
  • Kiosk systems – enabling players to purchase numerous in-game items using in-game currency, from remote locations across the Universe
  • In addition to the new flyable ships added in 3.2, the MISC Prospector has now been added as a permanent addition to the pledge store
  • And more!

And of course, you can read the comprehensive Alpha 3.2 Patch Notes here.

3.2 FLYABLE SHIPS

Landed_01_preview.jpeg

With the release of Alpha 3.2, we're introducing newly flyable ships, as well as updating some older favorites.

The list of new & updated ships includes:

• Anvil Hurricane
  • Origin 600i Explorer
  • Aegis Eclipse
  • Vanduul Blade
  • Aegis Avenger (and variants)

Please enjoy the trailers below and find even more information on our 3.2 Flyable Ships page here.

BUG REPORTING

Daymar-A-Derelict-Javelin-Ship_preview.j

Remember, while there’s a lot to explore in Alpha 3.2, the game is still just a portion of the Star Citizen experience! You can help the team improve future releases by reporting bugs and other issues using the Star Citizen Issue Council. The amazing feedback from Star Citizen backers is what has allowed us to interate on the PTU so quickly, and we’re eager for feedback about the Live release as well. You can access the Issue Council here.

Finally, we would be remiss if we did not thank our incredible community of PTUtesters for helping make this patch the best it can be! Your dedication is exemplary of the UEE’s finest defenders!

Just thought I'd mention this but with the release of alpha3.2 CIG has also added 3 game packs to the store (Concierge only?) :)

Entrepeneur Pack - $600 (SC+SQ42+LTI)

• Prospector - Vulcan - Vulture - Hull B - URSA Rover

Company Pack - $1700 (SC+SQ42+LTI)

• Orion - Reclaimer - Starfarer - Genesis Starliner - Crucible

Tycoon Pack - $2500 (SC+SQ42+LTI)

• Prospector - Vulcan - Vulture - Hull C - URSA Rover - Orion - Reclaimer - Starfarer - Genesis Starliner - Crucible

Downloaded the patch, logged in.  Found my Hornet Flashfire mount and weapons I've bought in the Voyager Direct store are no longer available to me.

The Flashfire mount is 6,500 credits in their new weapon store, and weapons themselves range from 4,000-13,000 credits. Each.

Guess how much CIG decided to "award" me for these previous Voyager Direct purchases (with cash, I might add)...

...5,000 credits.  Not even enough to buy the flashfire mount back, much less just ONE of the weapons I've previously purchased!  Way to screw me from being able to use any weapon loadout I was able to use right out of the gate beforehand.  Not much has pissed me off so far in this alpha and the changes CIG has made, but taking away items I've purchases and given me no way of re-purchasing them in-game right away is a load of horse crap.

5 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

snip

Contact them about it. You have to have purchase information for it, or have it in your hangar.

They'd have announced it if they were removing things from your hangar, so it must be a bug. Report to issue council.

16 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Just thought I'd mention this but with the release of alpha3.2 CIG has also added 3 game packs to the store (Concierge only?) :)

Entrepeneur Pack - $600 (SC+SQ42+LTI)

• Prospector - Vulcan - Vulture - Hull B - URSA Rover

Company Pack - $1700 (SC+SQ42+LTI)

• Orion - Reclaimer - Starfarer - Genesis Starliner - Crucible

Tycoon Pack - $2500 (SC+SQ42+LTI)

• Prospector - Vulcan - Vulture - Hull C - URSA Rover - Orion - Reclaimer - Starfarer - Genesis Starliner - Crucible

See this Video for packages and their breakdown.   I melted my Vulture and Prospector to get them again in the Entrepreneur Pack (giving me 5 large ship packages now :) )

+++ Law has a great video as usual 

Saw this on Reddit and wondered if anyone has tried turning their engines off while mining?

I've even had properly fractured rocks send me flying.

What I've been doing is landing a good bit away from the rock, and turning off my engines.

This helps conserve fuel, as well as usually protects me from both fractured/overcooked rocks, as well as debris. The distance usually helps with being able to pick up everything as well, because being up close requires you to have to reposition your ship, or turn the nose to reach some debris.

28 minutes ago, VoA said:

turning their engines off

Actually counterproductive.

Initial heating requires you to be close, danger close. So strafe in (key 2) to get to where the node heats up. Your first reaction should be to tap on back strafe (key 3) to get some distance while maintaining a heat buildup. Once about 100 away, then you can start using the mouse wheel to lower power and waving the beam off the rock momentarily to slow things down when it wants to over heat.

So if I am bursting a rock at 100+ away, this is safe. But most rocks will never Start to heat up unless I am much closer.

Here are other tips - Look upper right in the pilot window and push shields to favor the front.

I also look Down on the rock. Since they star burst, you do not want to be on their level. Misses you when higher (mostly) - DRUM out

10 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

Downloaded the patch, logged in.  Found my Hornet Flashfire mount and weapons I've bought in the Voyager Direct store are no longer available to me.

The Flashfire mount is 6,500 credits in their new weapon store, and weapons themselves range from 4,000-13,000 credits. Each.

Guess how much CIG decided to "award" me for these previous Voyager Direct purchases (with cash, I might add)...

...5,000 credits.  Not even enough to buy the flashfire mount back, much less just ONE of the weapons I've previously purchased!  Way to screw me from being able to use any weapon loadout I was able to use right out of the gate beforehand.  Not much has pissed me off so far in this alpha and the changes CIG has made, but taking away items I've purchases and given me no way of re-purchasing them in-game right away is a load of horse crap.

I noticed yesterday that the Voyager Direct Store had disappeared from RSI. I can still see my VDS purchases in My Hangar, but they're missing from my inventory in Arena Commander and the PU.

I submitted an inquiry to Concierge about this issue. I'll report back when I receive their response.

I don't think we need to be concerned about this. I don't believe that CIG is going to screw us out of our VDS purchases. Even if the VDS is gone forever, I believe that CIG will compensate us for the purchases we made. I doubt CIG will refund the value as store credit because CIG has never done that in the past. It's more likely they'll issue refunds in UECs, which we'll eventually be able to use in-game.

The 5000 credits you mentioned is the standard Alpha refresh allotment. That's not compensation for your VDS purchases. Everyone restarts with 5000 aUECs after an Alpha update drops.

6 hours ago, Reavern said:

The 5000 credits you mentioned is the standard Alpha refresh allotment. That's not compensation for your VDS purchases. Everyone restarts with 5000 aUECs after an Alpha update drops.

Thanks for contacting Concierge and letting me know what they say!  As a clarification, I normally start with only 5,000 credits.  After 3.2 dropped, I now have 10,000 starting credits, so I assumed CIG gave me 5,000 for the VDS purchases.

Ok, that is more than the usual aUEC reset.

I haven't received a reply yet from Concierge -- don't expect to because they're probably short-staffed this week and dealing with a higher volume of questions because of Alpha 3.2's release.

In the meantime, it would be helpful if other players reported on how much credits they started with in 3.2, and specify if they had VDS purchases or not. It's possible that CIG decided to up starting credits to 10,000 this time to encourage players to buy in-game items and test out the shopping kiosks in the PU.

16 minutes ago, Reavern said:

Ok, that is more than the usual aUEC reset.

I haven't received a reply yet from Concierge -- don't expect to because they're probably short-staffed this week and dealing with a higher volume of questions because of Alpha 3.2's release.

In the meantime, it would be helpful if other players reported on how much credits they started with in 3.2, and specify if they had VDS purchases or not. It's possible that CIG decided to up starting credits to 10,000 this time to encourage players to buy in-game items and test out the shopping kiosks in the PU.

As i mentioned in the patch notes of the last PTU build before 3.2 went live, CIG are providing a base amount of 5k UEC plus an additional amount related to the UEC you have in your wallet that you get when you pledge. I've never purchased anything from Voyager Direct but it seems to be the case for me.

No reply from Concierge yet, but Law posted this informative video about the VDS closure and how to get your VDS purchases refunded:

I've refunded most of my VDS purchases, but I'm having trouble with two Combine cannons because the Exchange button is missing for them.

I wonder if the VDS items could be exchanged since the weekend, or if CIG turned on the Exchange button today? Because I checked on the weekend, but since the Combine cannons were at the top of my Weapon-filter list, the Exchange button was missing. The Exchange button could've been there for the other weapons, but I didn't check them all.

Regardless, I've submitted a ticket to Concierge about exchanging the two Combine cannons -- I never liked them anyway!

After exchanging my VDS weapons, I'm rolling in UECs now. B) I didn't realize how much I spent on weapons over the past 3+ years. I didn't hesitate to exchange most of them because the weapons were redundant (i.e. 2 Panthers, 2 Omnisky VI's, missile racks) or the weapons sucked (i.e. Spark missiles, GT-870s, and those 2 Combines). But there were some weapons I'm holding on to for now: 2 Mantis gatling guns and Tempest missiles. Those are my faves and I'm hesitant to exchange them, just in case CIG changes their mind about VDS purchases.

I'm wondering what this means for Alpha UECs? Does my UEC Wallet increase my starting aUEC amount? Or do only the Starting UECs from my game packages affect my base aUEC after each Alpha reset?

On 5-7-2018 at 12:29 AM, Reavern said:

I'm wondering what this means for Alpha UECs? Does my UEC Wallet increase my starting aUEC amount? Or do only the Starting UECs from my game packages affect my base aUEC after each Alpha reset?

Your Alpha UEC in your wallet will increase. I refunded around $45 worth of VD items and when I logged into Star Citizen afterwards I had an extra 45000 aUEC in my wallet (allowing me to buy that Rhino Laser repeater I wanted to test for my Avenger). :)

(not sure if you have to delete your USER directory afterwards though as I did but may not be needed)

2 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Your Alpha UEC in your wallet will increase. I refunded around $45 worth of VD items and when I logged into Star Citizen afterwards I had an extra 45000 aUEC in my wallet (allowing me to buy that Rhino Laser repeater I wanted to test for my Avenger). :)

(not sure if you have to delete your USER directory afterwards though as I did but may not be needed)

Ok.

Has CIG officially explained this anywhere? Because the Alpha 3.2 Release announcement page didn't explain any of this, and I don't recall reading this in the 3.2 Release Notes either.

What I want to know is if spending aUECs in the PU will affect my UEC Wallet. I'm 99% certain that it won't, but CIG should definitely state that for the record. I mean, how angry would you be if you spent 45,000 aUEC on that Rhino Laser Repeater and your $45 was used up?

If I'm understanding this correctly, those of us who bought UEC chits for $$, used UECs to buy items from the VDS store, and exchanged those now-unusable items for UECs: We will start Alpha 3.2 with the equivalent amount of aUECs? (Plus the base 5000 aUEC amount.) And that UEC-to-aUEC amount will be restored after every Alpha Update refresh?

15 hours ago, Reavern said:

Ok.

Has CIG officially explained this anywhere? Because the Alpha 3.2 Release announcement page didn't explain any of this, and I don't recall reading this in the 3.2 Release Notes either.

What I want to know is if spending aUECs in the PU will affect my UEC Wallet. I'm 99% certain that it won't, but CIG should definitely state that for the record. I mean, how angry would you be if you spent 45,000 aUEC on that Rhino Laser Repeater and your $45 was used up?

If I'm understanding this correctly, those of us who bought UEC chits for $$, used UECs to buy items from the VDS store, and exchanged those now-unusable items for UECs: We will start Alpha 3.2 with the equivalent amount of aUECs? (Plus the base 5000 aUEC amount.) And that UEC-to-aUEC amount will be restored after every Alpha Update refresh?

There was an announcement by CIG on July 4th regarding this on Spectrum. :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/voyager-direct-item-reclamation

Developer.png
org-redacted.png
STAFF
Zyloh | CIG@Zyloh-CIG

Voyager Direct & Item Reclamation

Pinned
Discussion
July 4th at 06:06
SC_Gold.jpg?v=1503107521

Hello everyone,

Starting today, you will notice you now have the ability to reclaim items purchased from Voyager Direct with UEC. We made this functionality available in an effort to assist you with cleaning out some of your old items. When reclaiming an item, the item will be removed from your account and the value of the item will be added to your UEC ledger to use on other items in-game. 

In addition to this functionality coming online, the Voyager Direct store has also been closed, and items previously available can now be found in-game.

For a step-by-step guide and additional details, check out our Knowledge Base article here: https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006492734

I myself first found out about it on Reddit when someone made a post telling it was now possible to melt VD items. I think it was activated when Turbulent released a new update for the forum/website on wednesday. That's probably why it wasn't in the 3.2 release notes because those were posted earlier.

I also checked my UEC in my account and it is unaffected by my aUEC purchases. Turbulent apparently also removed the maximum limit so you're apparently allowed to have more than the old maximum of 150k (or was it 175k?).

You are correct that we will start each new alpha build with a fresh batch of aUEC based on your own UEC. :)

Based on this info, I went ahead and exchanged all my weapons I had previously bought in the VDS, all except the Hornet Flashfire mount.  

I read through the article posted by CIG and what they don't say is if you have any items still in your possession from the VDS, will these items show up in our inventory at all once Beta or the game launches?  Should I be melting my flashfire mount...

On 5-7-2018 at 12:29 AM, Reavern said:

I've refunded most of my VDS purchases, but I'm having trouble with two Combine cannons because the Exchange button is missing for them.

Thought I'd chime in after reading your post again and noticed your issue with those Combine cannons.

Are you sure those were actually purchased by you and not the freebies from CIG's Buccaneer promotion? I have 4 freebie Combine Ballistic Cannons in my inventory because I bought 4 Buccaneers in order to get those guns attributed to my account. After that I melted the Buccaneers because I only wanted those free cannons. :P

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15365-Drake-Interplanetary-Press-Release

For a limited time only, preorder the 2947 Drake Buccaneer and receive a complimentary Behring C-788 Ballistic Cannon. This durable weapon makes the perfect companion piece to the Buccaneer’s robust combat-tested design.

So the reason you're not able to exchange those guns of UEC may be because you got 1 for free for every Buccaneer in your account back in June 2016. :)

FreeCombines.thumb.png.79bdcd612c9c972a7950f82661d78cc7.png

7 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

There was an announcement by CIG on July 4th regarding this on Spectrum. :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/voyager-direct-item-reclamation

It's strange that CIG would announce this on Spectrum instead of an article on the RSI homepage or cover it in AtV. Fortunately, the SC community steps up when CIG drops the ball.

Still can't exchange my Combine cannons and RSI Support hasn't replied to my ticket yet. I've heard from others that the Exchange button is missing for their Combine cannons too, so it appears to be a common problem with that weapon in particular.

EDIT:

@Danakar Endeel is probably right. Those Combines were probably freebies from when I bought 2 Buccaneers, which is presumably why I can't exchange them. So I'm stuck with them.

The question is: Do those free Combines appear in your inventory in Alpha 3.2?

Because according to other players, NONE of their VDS purchases appear in the PTU anymore. Does the game differentiate between VDS purchases and freebies from the Drake Buccaneer and Referral bonuses?

Just now, Reavern said:

It's strange that CIG would announce this on Spectrum instead of an article on the RSI homepage or cover it in AtV. Fortunately, the SC community steps up when CIG drops the ball.

Still can't exchange my Combine cannons and RSI Support hasn't replied to my ticket yet. I've heard from others that the Exchange button is missing for their Combine cannons too, so it appears to be a common problem with that weapon in particular.

Heh heh, I just responded with a post above yours with the possible reason why you can't melt those :P

37 minutes ago, Reavern said:

EDIT:

@Danakar Endeel is probably right. Those Combines were probably freebies from when I bought 2 Buccaneers, which is presumably why I can't exchange them. So I'm stuck with them.

The question is: Do those free Combines appear in your inventory in Alpha 3.2?

Because according to other players, NONE of their VDS purchases appear in the PTU anymore. Does the game differentiate between VDS purchases and freebies from the Drake Buccaneer and Referral bonuses?

I just checked it for you ingame in 3.2 (PU) and can confirm that I have 4 additional Combine Cannons in my inventory. Here's a screenie :)

ScreenShot0018.thumb.jpg.2d9543320bd063c83a06f2f401b93cdb.jpg

• Available: 4
  • In Use: 8 

The 8 that are in use are came with my Star-G and an additional Star-G (loaner for Hammerhead?) so I can only assume that the 4 unassigned Combines are the 4 freebies. B)

Don't know anything about potential issues in the PTU though as I don't play PTU builds myself. :P

I also noticed that Vanguard BUKs can now be exchanged for UECs instead of refunded for store credit.

I wonder if this means that the BUK items won't be available in-game in the future -- presumably when the Sentinel and Harbinger are flyable.

EDIT:

Correction - I realized that the "Reclaim" button has been replaced by the "Exchange" button for items in My Hangar. I assumed that Exchange was only for VDS items, but Exchange is now used for reclaiming all applicable items. The item will be exchanged for store credit or UECs, depending on how that item was paid for.

However, I know the Exchange pop-up message is buggy. VDS items will appear as their $$ value, not their UEC value. But when you submit the exchange, the VDS item is exchanged for UECs. So the Exchange function works correctly on the RSI site, but the pop-up message is incorrect. Hopefully, Turbulent fixes that soon to resolve the confusion.

Edited by Reavern
Correction

Fired it up after a long long time of not trying to play SC. Just went to the hangar, ran around, put a trophy case down, moved to the other side of the hangar, fell through the floor clipped out into space... oh dear. that took all of five minutes.