3.2 PTU released

LowZone

3.2 PTU is now open to concierge and subscribers:

Today, we’re excited to offer our Concierge, Subscribers, and Wave One PTU backers entry to the Alpha 3.2 build of Star Citizen’s Persistent Test Universe (PTU).

This update introduces several new features, including scanning, mining, improvements to quantum travel, and a new grouping system.

There are four new ships: the Origin Jumpworks 600i Explorer, the Aegis Eclipse, the Anvil Hurricane, and the Vanduul Blade. Not to be outdone, you’ll also find sweeping revisions to the entire Avenger line from Aegis Dynamics!

Mining is pretty cool. The seat bug ATM makes things somewhat less enjoyable as it is impossible to sell the stuff you mined (which fills quickly after 1-2 big rocks) because you can't get out of your ship. Only solution I found so far to do it was to go back to olisar and sit on a pad "afk" until it hides your ship.

Thing I like most about mining is it isn't just sit there and collect mats. You actually have to actively participate.

5 hours ago, danredda said:

Mining is pretty cool. The seat bug ATM makes things somewhat less enjoyable as it is impossible to sell the stuff you mined (which fills quickly after 1-2 big rocks) because you can't get out of your ship. Only solution I found so far to do it was to go back to olisar and sit on a pad "afk" until it hides your ship.

I've  been mining for a couple of weeks now and never had this bug. Might be something new that's worth mentioning to the issue council. 

Edit: Just experienced this in the latest build. Must be a new bug with the latest release.

Edited by LowZone
updated info

Don't be too upset if not on ptu yet. Seems like 1 our of 6 attempts actually lasts long enough to do something and come home.

Still a lot of fun (when it works) but it tests your spirit a bit.

Has a rhythm to it.

Crash out and relog - do a 30 minute reclaim on lost ship - crash on ship 2 and the reclaimed prospector is back and ready to go.

Lather, rinse, repeat heh heh.. - DRUM out

8 hours ago, Drum said:

Don't be too upset if not on ptu yet. Seems like 1 our of 6 attempts actually lasts long enough to do something and come home.

Still a lot of fun (when it works) but it tests your spirit a bit.

Has a rhythm to it.

Crash out and relog - do a 30 minute reclaim on lost ship - crash on ship 2 and the reclaimed prospector is back and ready to go.

Lather, rinse, repeat heh heh.. - DRUM out

You do know you have plenty of ptu aUEC to expedite that ship reclaim, right? :) It's too bad you have that experience, for myself and as many others have stated in chat, this is the most stable PTU release yet (I have rarely experienced a CTD, unlike previous releases) with FPS improvements across the board. And, as of the latest patch a few hours ago, even the game-breaking sticky pilot seat bug has been fixed.

How well all this translates to the live release remains to be seen as it always seems like certain features are added/reenabled when going from PTU to live, resulting in the inevitable as-yet-undiscovered bug here and there. 

19 minutes ago, LowZone said:

You do know you have plenty of ptu aUEC to expedite that ship reclaim

Ayup but no need. I get at least a 30 minute playtime before it stops updating things and shuts everybody down. So the reclaimed ship is always there waiting and if not yeah - pay the remaining time uec.

Agree to smoothness, but it is binary. Either awesome sauce or relog.

I am seeing it as time related. In non-peak hours (USA related) it seems to hold together better, so maybe just the servers being pushed, which is a good thing since they can see this and react to it before LIVE.

I think I recall hearing something about being able to trade/pay players aUEC directly in 3.2... anyone been able to do this in the PTU or know if it will be in 3.2 live?

My brother and I got my dad a Freelancer package for his birthday and we like to fly cargo runs together... Trying to figure out if there's a way we can pool out starting aUEC to fill it up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Masokas said:

I think I recall hearing something about being able to trade/pay players aUEC directly in 3.2... anyone been able to do this in the PTU or know if it will be in 3.2 live?

My brother and I got my dad a Freelancer package for his birthday and we like to fly cargo runs together... Trying to figure out if there's a way we can pool out starting aUEC to fill it up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Not in 3.2, no. Possibly in 3.3?

For those waiting, I do not think it will be much longer before it is Open PTU.

They are on version M and I am not really seeing a lot of deal breakers left.

Some problems called out are self inflicted, like not dumping USER data to clear out the garbage. They tell you right off – if things look or act weird after patching – dump the USER.  To be fair – I went to the third patch before I got smart, so...

AND way too many people think others should read the patch notes for them. Not as bad a a steam early access release, but a close cousin, heh heh.

Anyway... Things are looking good. Can't wait to see it pushed LIVE and bring people back to the fold here at Imperium. - DRUM out

Latest PTU update (3.2.0o) seems to suggest that they are experimenting with account UEC being in conjunction with aUEC in the PU. Since purchasing UEC will be the means of keeping the game funded post release, this could be seen as a precursor to that system. Who knows, purchasing ships in game may be closer than we think...