Drake Vulture

VoA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I'm not a SC player (yet), but a LEGO MOCer. I've designed a LEGO Ideas last month, as I see someone already posted above.

I've only got 6 days left for this project not to look too stupid not even reaching 100 votes (while the Hornet project had reached 10k), so if anyone wanna vote.. it's only missing 6 votes to get extended. Of course it has no chance to ever reach 10k, but it'd still look less dumb.

Thanks!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/95866bcb-c0b2-4ada-ac15-0f5c23813687

28578022347_a8f6fe03d7_b_d.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17411-Roadmap-Roundup-December-20th-2019

Notable Changes for December 20th, 2019

Salvage v1
The Salvage card has been temporarily removed from the Roadmap while discussions continue about where it’s most likely to land. Mining improvements and other tasks related to Alpha 3.8 took priority over recent Salvage work. Additionally, we’ve made the decision to have the team scheduled to work on Salvage shift focus to a number of features that will greatly benefit Squadron 42. We aim to have more information in the new year.

Drake Vulture
The Vulture has been temporarily removed from the roadmap while the above mentioned Salvage v1 discussions continue. We aim to have more information in the new year.

Crusader Hercules Starlifter
After re-evaluating priorities, the decision was made to temporarily remove this card off of the Roadmap until discussions about its debut wrap up and a new target date is decided upon.

Keep in mind that this will be the last Roadmap publish and Roadmap Roundup of 2019. We hope you have a wonderful break and happy holidays with your loved ones!

That’s all for this week’s Roundup – join the discussion on Spectrum

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, Fizzlefuse said:

New skins (from ISC). Personally aside from the original yellow skin, I like the green with orange highlights version best.

vulture_02.thumb.jpg.e75b46bbc107849284f33180639af2d2.jpg

vulture_03.thumb.jpg.56dd9c985f273909273bdea831670a87.jpg

vulture_04.thumb.jpg.04570082a682cce609c6f4df41352301.jpg

The green with orange gives off a more military feel and I definitely like that one as it kinda matches those Timberline paints that CIG is selling in their store. If it's not too expensive I might get that green with orange paint as it looks pretty decent and not as obvious as the industrial yellow (even though the yellow color was definitely a good choice to make it feel industrial; like a combine image I found back in the day the Vulture was first announced and we had all that crap about Vulture being a 'rip-off' of the Venture and CCP kiddies were having a field-day). ;) 

I actually bought a couple of those Timberline paints back in the day for some of my ships and vehicles. It looks especially nice on the Gladius because the original paint feels very washed out while the Timberline paint makes the ship look pristine and brandnew; as if it just rolled off the assembly line.

That grey with white also looks pretty decent although that blue "Drake Interplanetary" logo looks a bit peculiar. Then again it's just concept art and we know how store images of a paint can be deceiving; just compare the "Green and Gold" Invictus Aurora skin with the ingame version where the store version has Invictus logos and lightgrey thruster accents while the ingame version looks nothing like it with regular logos and no grey at all. So that blue logo may just end up being darkgrey on the ingame version.

The red one feels kinda wierd as it looks more like an ambulance. Could be a nice idea for a variant where the 'Vulture-Medic' would use its cutting beams to cut people free from wreckage, then tractor them into the ship where instead of a trash-compactor you'd enter a section containing medical beds. Injured players seeing a red Vulture coming towards them would just have to hope that they are getting rescued by the correct variant and not end up as Soylent Green. 😅

1120079034_SoylentGreen1973poster3.thumb.jpg.d73d7ac0515d761c37cbd98aff811269.jpg

By the way, here's an image showing the bathroom and bed onboard the Vulture. It's a shame that the Cutlass toilet is now considered as meme with CIG's John Crewe actively trolling people with it as every other Drake ship with an interior has bathroom facitilies.

Vulture-Bathroom.thumb.png.5fad86045e4e2afb1b6e15a9bcff358c.pngVulture-Restroom1.thumb.png.6b817a3807260bd1050e08d5d1298c7d.png

It's definitely nice to see how this interior feels more refined compared to the other Drake ships. Seems like the Cutlass and Herald would also benefit from a "Gold Standard" pass to bring them in line with the Vulture as you can definitely see how CIG has improved their ship interiors since then. :)

Also, the green interior looks like it would match that green exterior paint perfectly. So here's hoping that they keep that color-scheme for the interior as then I may just have to get me that green paintjob too. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Yeah I read that earlier. I figured as much, it wouldn't make sense for the Vulture to repair ships. Nice it can refill the FPS repair tool tho

Yes that is good to know and allows for more mechanics of gameplay to be achieved without the required ships. Also looks like another commodity that can be sold or stored for personal use. Wonder if there will be different grades of alloy or material salvaged based on the type of ship and its derelict state.

On 3/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, Danakar Endeel said:

By the way, here's an image showing the bathroom and bed onboard the Vulture. It's a shame that the Cutlass toilet is now considered as meme with CIG's John Crewe actively trolling people with it as every other Drake ship with an interior has bathroom facitilies.

It's definitely nice to see how this interior feels more refined compared to the other Drake ships. Seems like the Cutlass and Herald would also benefit from a "Gold Standard" pass to bring them in line with the Vulture as you can definitely see how CIG has improved their ship interiors since then. :)

Also, the green interior looks like it would match that green exterior paint perfectly. So here's hoping that they keep that color-scheme for the interior as then I may just have to get me that green paintjob too. ;)

I totally agree with your point on the Cutlass. The ship definitievely need a big rework. CIG should rework the interior and make the exterior fit because right now, it looks like they created the exterior first and then tried to create an interior but the result is a ship feeling like a cathedral with nothing inside it. it's a shame because there is a lot of feedback on this issue and a lot of acceptable proposals on spectrum threads like this one : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65294/thread/shrinking-the-cutlass-reconciling-the-original-rol/4320856

Sadly, it appears that the cutlass won't have a rework for the gold standard (RIP shower/toilet !). They said that they won't rework the interior except the pilot seat to allow a better view with the MFDs not obstructing.

But honestly, I think that this time is wasted. Right now, the pilot looks really like a child driving a F150 dodge ram or whatever and adjusting the MFDs position won't fix it...

tavern_upload_large.png

But the worst in this story is that they assigned only 1 team for a 2 weeks to make the Cutlass in Gold Standard

image.thumb.png.759f3f5b63558efd6f5c541c8361801c.png

I wish they could rework the Cutlass up to the Vulture / Corsair standards because those ships looks really awesome !

• 4 weeks later...

A little tease.

Spoiler

Bug fixed - Expo Hall - Drake Vulture's ramp clips through the floor    

The above line was in a PTU bugfix list then edited out.  Looks like we might be able to tour the Vulture on Drake day of the Ship Show.

...and Hull Stripping demo!

• 3 months later...