Star Citizen Development Easter Eggs - Not Revealed on Road Map

VoA

Star Citizen Development Easter Eggs - Not Revealed on Road Map.   Looks like CIG is going to sneak in development easter eggs.... for those following more closely.... :)

This Easter Egg is a new Drake Concept Ship revealed both in a rewind clip in RTV at 59m and at 6:11m in Calling all Dev's video below.

NEW DRAKE concept Ship coming 6.14.18

Post below which one you think is more likely based on the RTV rewind

1. Entry Level Salvage Ship a.k.a. the Vulture (likely not the case since I think this overlaps too much with the Cutlass Black)
  2. Multi-Crew Constellation Competitor a.k.a. the Cosair (good likelihood - and I like the idea of a ramming or ship that can broadside another - since they'll have the mechanic with the Vanduul and perfect for DRAKE)
  3. Scout Carrier a.k.a. the Kracken (not likely - especially since the Caterpillar can function as a Dragonfly carrier)
  4. Troop Tranport or vehicle Transport or competitor to Hercules StarLifter (not as likely since Hercules just came out but that could also improve its chances in a weird way as CIG continues to develop Planetside content)
  5. Medium Storage Runner  (Not likely with all the storage ships and if so it will likely roll in as a variant to option 4 above like the Hercules C2)

Star Citizen Development Easter Eggs - Not Revealed on Road Map.   Looks like CIG is going to sneak in development easter eggs.... for those following more closely.... [emoji4]
This Easter Egg is a new Drake Concept Ship revealed both in a rewind clip in RTV at 59m and at 6:11m in Calling all Dev's video below.
NEW DRAKE concept Ship coming 6.14.18
Post below which one you think is more likely based on the RTV rewind
  1. Entry Level Salvage Ship a.k.a. the Vulture (likely not the case since I think this overlaps too much with the Cutlass Black)
  2. Multi-Crew Constellation Competitor a.k.a. the Cosair (good likelihood - and I like the idea of a ramming or ship that can broadside another - since they'll have the mechanic with the Vanduul and perfect for DRAKE)
  3. Scout Carrier a.k.a. the Kracken (not likely - especially since the Caterpillar can function as a Dragonfly carrier)
  4. Troop Tranport or vehicle Transport or competitor to Hercules StarLifter (not as likely since Hercules just came out but that could also improve its chances in a weird way as CIG continues to develop Planetside content)
  5. Medium Storage Runner  (Not likely with all the storage ships and if so it will likely roll in as a variant to option 4 above like the Hercules C2)
[/url]  
Im thinking it will be the the drake vulture... Hopefully they will price it appropriately to help cool down the pay to win theme they have been building thus far.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Vulture does seem to be ahead in the voting (see spoiler below)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16303-YOU-Pick-The-Next-Drake-Ship

Spoiler
YOU Pick the Next Drake Ship
Voting Ends December 11th

GREETINGS CITIZENS
DRAKE.png

To cap off our Anniversary Special this week, we gathered developers on Happy Hour to discuss options of the next Drake vehicle to enter the ship pipeline.

During the show, viewers helped narrow the choices down to three prospective options, as potential design aspects were discussed for each one.

Now, and through December 11th, we are opening the voting to all Star Citizen backers to decide which of these options will become a reality. Each ship represents a different aspect of Star Citizen’s gameplay, and while all would make fantastic additions to our universe, only one will be voted in by you, the members of our community.

If you’d like to know more about each ship option before voting, we recommend watching our Happy Hour Gamedev special that was aired live on Twitch and Youtube.

Thank you for helping make this another fantastic anniversary for our project.

-DL

THE THREE CHOICES

A. ENTRY-LEVEL DRAKE SALVAGE SHIP (CODE NAME: VULTURE)

A one man salvage starter ship, no drones but plenty of on-board storage to help with EVA salvage operations (space for cutters, charges etc) and space in a separate area to store/process the recovered salvage. Mostly designed for the player to EVA out and do the salvage, rather than sit inside and do it with tractor beams/lasers. Small enough to sneak into hostile areas unnoticed to recover fresh salvage.

B. MULTI-CREW DRAKE EXPLORER (CODE NAME: CORSAIR)

Drake’s competitor to the Constellation, the rough and ready multi-crew explorer. Differs from the 600i by its crude basic construction and from the Constellation by its lower missile count, but with a third turret to make up for it. Able to transport a vehicle and cargo (think extended/up-scaled Cutlass rear area) faster and more nimble than the others, but like all Drake ships pretty paper thin.

C. DRAKE SCOUT CARRIER (CODE NAME: KRAKEN)

Drake’s capital ship entry, space to park and store a few medium ships (up to Freelancer-sized) and transport them around the verse. Serves as a mobile truck stop in function with a small hub of stores (some less than legit) to help restock.

YOU PICK THE NEXT DRAKE SHIP

What Should the Next Drake Ship Be?

A
ENTRY-LEVEL DRAKE SALVAGE SHIP (CODE NAME: VULTURE)

44%

B
MULTI-CREW DRAKE EXPLORER (CODE NAME: CORSAIR)

19%

C
DRAKE SCOUT CARRIER (CODE NAME: KRAKEN)

37%

The Vulture does seem like the obvious option as it was the most voted-for choice when CIG presented that poll.  I personally voted for the Corsair as it sounded like the funnest option to me--so a little bit of me is hoping that the Corsair is the ship that's coming, even if it's very unlikely. :lol:

On 6/5/2018 at 10:19 AM, Buckaroo said:

The Vulture does seem like the obvious option as it was the most voted-for choice when CIG presented that poll.  I personally voted for the Corsair as it sounded like the funnest option to me--so a little bit of me is hoping that the Corsair is the ship that's coming, even if it's very unlikely. :lol:

Agreed - and it is pretty much 90% now that the new Drake Ship is the Vulture based on these images.  Please discuss them on the new Drake Vulture thread and we'll reserve this thread for any new Easter Eggs that are not in the known development pipeline.

https://imgur.com/a/nKBi8ls

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...