The Expanse cancelled! Amazon have offically signed season 4

Devil Khan

Agree with that.

They are still slewed a little from the books and the timeline on some things is out of whack, but the big picture is still in place, so the deviations do not seem too much of a distraction.

Some book chunks were just sort of tossed, which bothered me since they were interesting segments.

I am worried they may have actually done this because they were reading the writing on the walls (losing the series) and were pushing for a faster end game. A "in before the lock" move.

Sad to see it if this is true, because the missing book segments gave more depth to the new players and gave a reason for everyone to be where they are. Instead they just show up and viewers are left reading between the dialogue lines to figure out what is going on. - DRUM out

Yeah books and films don't have the same story in 99% of the time. The general story will remain, but characters can change. Never follow a film by a book. There are very few and rare to have an exact match. It just very hard to transfer the story from book to film. The script for the book is different from the tv series. I mean the format.

9 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

books and films don't have the same story in 99% of the time

First time I saw this to not be true stuck with me.

"A Boy And His Dog"  followed the book so well I swear the dialogue even matched.  - DRUM out

Yeah books and films don't have the same story in 99% of the time. The general story will remain, but characters can change. Never follow a film by a book. There are very few and rare to have an exact match. It just very hard to transfer the story from book to film. The script for the book is different from the tv series. I mean the format.

When you talk about the Expanse the books explain a lot. Especially about “Miller”. That was the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the book Jurassic Park before seeing the movie.  And it partly-ruined a great movie for me, because one of my favorite scenes wasn't in it.  Ever since then I decided, when I find out a TV show or movie is based on a book, I wait for all the movies or TV episodes to be out and watched before I begin reading the books.

So yeah, once the Expanse is done, completely, with no hope of more episodes or feature films, then I'll read the books.  IMO its the best way to experience the fiction.

On 2-6-2018 at 5:58 PM, Boildown said:

I read the book Jurassic Park before seeing the movie.  And it partly-ruined a great movie for me, because one of my favorite scenes wasn't in it.  Ever since then I decided, when I find out a TV show or movie is based on a book, I wait for all the movies or TV episodes to be out and watched before I begin reading the books.

So yeah, once the Expanse is done, completely, with no hope of more episodes or feature films, then I'll read the books.  IMO its the best way to experience the fiction.

So you still haven’t read a StarWars novel? ;) I usually find the books a lot better than the movies: more character development, deeper narrative, better casting by me :D (sometimes I really cannot get over the sucky casting of some directors, Hayden Christensen ruined Episode II and III of Starwars for me.) The expanse felt much less SciFi to me on screen because there were no real physical differences between the earthers and the belters (they should have used tall anorexic models for the belters ;)). If you haven’t started on StarWars novels yet I highly recommend you do (despite the fact that they are no longer canon for the movies).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So season 4 is on to Ilus. Scuttlebutt sounds like Real Soon Now (maybe in June?).
They closed a lot of avenues off with their fast rush to end season 3.
Not sure how they can drag the dropped segments and players back onto the stage they set. Hopefully they can figure it out.
No problem, warts and all, Bring It On...  - DRUM out

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am glad they got picked up. The series of books is a very good read.

Biggest issue I have is the selecting of Steven Strait as Holden.

That sad puppy expression is his entire forte.

I expect, in his youth, some girlfriend told him it was cute. - DRUM out

• 2 weeks later...