Cannot access my account - Account recovery not working

Dragosanii

Hi guys,

Not sure where to turn to next as I am not hearing back from Star Citizen themselves.....

I haven't played Star Citizen for months (I work away for some months at a time with no access to my gaming PC) and now when I try to login, the password doesn't work (which is cached on my own private local gaming PC)....

I try to do the account recovery link on the RSI login page - I do not receive any emails from RSI.

I look at their website and they say "Check your junk folders" - which I do and they are empty.   So their website says I must have setup with a different email address - I have not - I have been receiving emails to my current address since I bought the game.

So, another pointer on their site says I must login via the Two-Factor authentication on my smartphone - I have never used this or set this up yet.....So, I download and try it - setup adding an account manually and it's asking for a "key" <---- Anyone know what this "key" is?   I have the emails and my original billing ID but not sure what this "key" refers to.

There doesn't seem to be any other help available - their website constantly states we can use live chat but you need to login to use it - I can't login.....

I have logged with request with their community helpdesk, but just not hearing anything back.....Where else can I turn to?

Thanks in advance, Citizens.....

- Drago

Ok thanks, well went through my full email history and looks like emails stopped around February 15th (this was shortly after I had last played)....

I'm not sure I had actually setup two-factor auth on the account - I do not use an app for this but I think I may have set this up with my email address, but have not received any backup codes or auth codes so I cannot be really sure if I did it or not.....

Thanks for the reply, if Tisi can help it'd be appreciated.

Regards,

- Drago

okay, here's what I've had to endure with the same issue.

The two-point authentication requires that you download the app and scan the square box code that presents on the RSI website - which is useless unless you can get into your account to do this.

My two-point authentication failed so I selected account recovery option - iI think there are two options to this - contact customer service and password recovery with two-part codes which you've stashed (which you have yet to be able to do). I punched in my password twice on the left side, then input one of my codes on the right. that works. I also have had to contact cig and they changed my two-part from the codes using the authenticator to the email method.

So, I recommend that you use the account recovery operation and wait. Which you have by all accounts.

I STILL have issues, but I can always eventually get into my account. Once they contact you, and they will, it can take several days, you will have a sort of satisfaction. They will ask for proof of ID which, frankly, doesn't bother me - I want to keep what's mine mine. Just be  patient. If it doesn't get resolved, there may be another route to take. keep us apprised.

Problem with going to CIG is you need an active account to use the helpdesk service!  And I don't have access to my account!

So, I created a temporary account and went into all of the chat rooms to see if there's any help, there seems to be staff registered there but none active (out of about 50 staff members across the three or four chatrooms), some of the helpdesk volunteers tried to help but telling me stuff that I've already tried.....One of them said this could take weeks or months to sort out.

Not having a good experience with this at all... :(

Thanks Gremlich for your input - going through the website to recover is popping up the two factor auth but I don't think I have set this up as I don't have the RSI app and I have never used the google app or QR Scanners for this (QR is massively flawed in security btw :P) I've trawled through every correspondence and email I have ever had, right back to my receipts from the purchase and it looks like I have never setup Two-Factor auth....So, I'm a bit worried now.

Problem with going to CIG is you need an active account to use the helpdesk service!  And I don't have access to my account!

So, I created a temporary account and went into all of the chat rooms to see if there's any help, there seems to be staff registered there but none active (out of about 50 staff members across the three or four chatrooms), some of the helpdesk volunteers tried to help but telling me stuff that I've already tried.....One of them said this could take weeks or months to sort out.

Not having a good experience with this at all... [emoji20]

Thanks Gremlich for your input - going through the website to recover is popping up the two factor auth but I don't think I have set this up as I don't have the RSI app and I have never used the google app or QR Scanners for this (QR is massively flawed in security btw [emoji14]) I've trawled through every correspondence and email I have ever had, right back to my receipts from the purchase and it looks like I have never setup Two-Factor auth....So, I'm a bit worried now.

A friend of mine lost his account and was resolved in a few days. Most probably rather than reaching to the members of the community you just have to open a ticket on this link https://robertsspaceindustries.com/contact-us

BTW you don't need an account to use thw above link and open a support ticket.

Received a reply back from CIG today - looks like the problem is at their side with their mailer configuration - probably something in it is flagging the auto-blocking of emails from ISP's....

Still can't login but they have identified the problem and are looking into it now.

Thanks for all the advice.

Edited: Can recover account fine now, and have managed to login....

Edited by Dragosanii
updates