Worlds 1st Rollable TV screen

Gallitin

Haven't there been rollable screens since 2014? These have been around for a while and were more proof of concept for rolling and folding screens in the past, so perhaps this is a design made to be a product rather than a tech demo.

I don't really see a practical purpose for this kind of technology as home TVs. For the price something like this will go for on release you could buy a 4K projector and then scale that image to fit your entire wall if need be.

11 hours ago, J. Coren said:

Haven't there been rollable screens since 2014? These have been around for a while and were more proof of concept for rolling and folding screens in the past, so perhaps this is a design made to be a product rather than a tech demo.

I don't really see a practical purpose for this kind of technology as home TVs. For the price something like this will go for on release you could buy a 4K projector and then scale that image to fit your entire wall if need be.

You assume a Western market demand. This kind of thing is PERFECT for the Asian market where homes/apartments are much smaller than those in the West. This would be perfect for my flat! (Which can't fit a projector/screen)

16 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

And while you can get a 4k projector, laser projectors are still really pricey so you still need a relatively dark room.  If they get this into the 100" range and below $3-4k this will have a pretty decent adoption.

That problem has mostly been solved in recent years. I recently was gifted a new projector for my living room that is maybe $600 at most, and it works both outside and in side just as well.

You can't see shit on a cloudless evening when it's outside, but the same is true of most flat screens when they're out too.

I see this going off big in the business offices, both for presentation and just info graphic purposes. I like how they are designing/creating so that it can be lowered and use only partial screen, lots of potential here!