sunnyboy4526

Installer require premission

Hi all, I recently ran into this problem when I was trying to reinstall star citizen. After the installer finished downloading the initial 10G this error message showed up saying that it needs premission, however pressing the "Fix permission"botton doesn't seem to do anything and I couldn't find anything online regarding this error message either. Anyone seen this before? What should I do? 

Error.png

Submit to issue council, contact customer support, go to #helpdesk chat on Spectrum. It's not anything we at SCB can do because it doesn't relate to the website or Portal and I've never heard of anyone else having these issues. 

What I can also recommend is checking firewall settings, check anti virus settings, make sure you're running in administrator mode, turn overlays off such as Discord and Teamspeak, do a completely fresh install, by this I mean save your screenshot folder, and delete everything else then try to reinstall again. Restarting your computer after doing this will also clear the cache and that may help also. I would do all of these trouble shooting things first before going further, because odds are these are the suggestions people will tell you do including CIG.

8 hours ago, Donut said:

Submit to issue council, contact customer support, go to #helpdesk chat on Spectrum. It's not anything we at SCB can do because it doesn't relate to the website or Portal and I've never heard of anyone else having these issues. 

What I can also recommend is checking firewall settings, check anti virus settings, make sure you're running in administrator mode, turn overlays off such as Discord and Teamspeak, do a completely fresh install, by this I mean save your screenshot folder, and delete everything else then try to reinstall again. Restarting your computer after doing this will also clear the cache and that may help also. I would do all of these trouble shooting things first before going further, because odds are these are the suggestions people will tell you do including CIG.

Oh hey its you, thanks for the suggestion, turning off my anti-virus software did the trick, stupid McAfee....

19 hours ago, Fintz said:

Or just malwarebytes ...

that, too, but it is insufficient unless you BUY the product to get the full benefit. I have IOBits products, Malwarebytes and Avast all running on my machine.

FWiW: You should have a reputable virus scanner with up to date definitions and a good Malware scanner like Malwarebytes, both running real time protection. You should also occasionally do a full system scan as sometimes the RT protection misses something. ... Avast is for antivirus, and Malwarebytes is antimalware. To reiterate, both have premium versions worth the investment that can do many things the free versions do not