Tom Villder

Question about sale of ship on SCB marketplace

If I buyback a ship with cash and then apply an upgrade using store credit, would it still be sellable/giftable?

If its possible, lets say I buyback an LTI ship, then what ship should I upgrade to for a better sale?

@Tom Villder At the moment, if you purchase a base ship (i.e. buyback with cash a LTI P72), then apply a Store Credit upgrade, you will still be able to gift the ship.

That said, there aren't any ships that are really making "profit" for sales at the moment, especially with the EU/UK VAT. The only ships that really re-sell well are ones that are severely limited in number like the Phoenix, Javelin, or Vanduul ships. None of them have CCUs, and the Phoenix upgrades from the original sale are few and far between.

If you're looking for a ship to offload quickly and potentially take a "loss" on the overall list value versus sale value, generally ships around the $100-$250 mark that were limited sales (i.e. Freelancer MIS, Superhornet) tend to sell decently.

As for the whole "LTI=premium price", that doesn't really hold true anymore because of the 5 year + insurance thing, so if you were expecting to be able to pull out LTI and get an extra top-up on the price, that COULD happen, but isn't guaranteed.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the answer.  I was looking at getting some money back in the medium-term, but in that case I'd rather wait for a concept ship sale... if the concept ship is expensive, then I'll just buy an LTI dragonfly buyback and then CCU with store credit to sell later on/

4 hours ago, Tom Villder said:

Thank you for the answer.  I was looking at getting some money back in the medium-term, but in that case I'd rather wait for a concept ship sale... if the concept ship is expensive, then I'll just buy an LTI dragonfly buyback and then CCU with store credit to sell later on/

Sounds good m8, best of luck!