Performance enhance?

sunnyboy4526

Hi all, I have only recently purchased the game package and started playing the 3.1 version of the alpha, but the performance has been a huge problem for me. I'll admit my computer isn't exactly top tier, or mid tier even but for some reason I was able to get a steady 20-30 fps or so on any offline/solo game types (I.e the hanger, single-player practice version of the arena commander and the private game mode in star marine) which is completely acceptable for me, but whenever I try to play anything online I either get series stuttering or get a frame rate of less then 1 fps. I tried visiting the crusader station multiple times but the game would either crash or play in a very slow motion in which it took 45 seconds or so to turn my head, plus when I tried quitting the game it would just freeze. I then tried playing star marine online but everytime I walk to turn or shoot the game freezes for 2-5 seconds rendering the whole thing unplayable. Below are my specs

GTX 1050 Ti, Intel I7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz, windows 10 x64, 8GB RAM

I know it doesn't meet the recommended specs on the star citizen website but since it is very unlikely of me to get an upgrade anytime soon is there any possible way to somehow enhance my performance to a somewhat playable level? Thanks in advance 

34 minutes ago, Donut said:

I'd highly recommend buying another 8gb of ram, and if the game isn't installed on an SSD that's also highly recommended. 

This should help you though. Do not play in "offline mode", you're breaking CIG's TOS and if they catch you who knows what will happen.

https://redacted.tv/2017/12/13/custom-user-cfg-guide-3-0/

Okay, thanks for the suggestion although I am a bit confused about the TOS you mentioned, if I'm not suppose to be playing offline why are the options there? And just to clarify the offline mode I meant was essentially just the hanger and the single-player version of the arena commander, the one where you fight 15 waves of bots  

1 hour ago, sunnyboy4526 said:

Okay, thanks for the suggestion although I am a bit confused about the TOS you mentioned, if I'm not suppose to be playing offline why are the options there? And just to clarify the offline mode I meant was essentially just the hanger and the single-player version of the arena commander, the one where you fight 15 waves of bots  

People have hacked the game code so that you're able to play the PU as "offline", like a map and not a server. That's what I meant and what is currently known as playing offline mode. Even while you're in the hangar and playing single player games, you're still logged into the launcher and information is still gathered. The hacked "offline mode" bypasses the launcher and directly connects you inside the PU so even if you didn't have internet, you can still play. CIG doesn't like this for many reasons and forbids players from doing it. In the early days it was necessary, but now server data from players is more important than just game data and screenshot bugs. 

1 hour ago, Donut said:

People have hacked the game code so that you're able to play the PU as "offline", like a map and not a server. That's what I meant and what is currently known as playing offline mode. Even while you're in the hangar and playing single player games, you're still logged into the launcher and information is still gathered. The hacked "offline mode" bypasses the launcher and directly connects you inside the PU so even if you didn't have internet, you can still play. CIG doesn't like this for many reasons and forbids players from doing it. In the early days it was necessary, but now server data from players is more important than just game data and screenshot bugs. 

I see, thanks for the heads up and no that's not what I'm doing lol. 

3 hours ago, Fintz said:

Still do not expect to see any big difference. Also as Donut said, you have to crack/hack your game to play offline which is not helping CIG with their tasks and data gathering. Hangar and SP experience are always online.

Thanks, I'll try and get another memory stick and see what happens and yeah I'm not hacking the game or anything, just flying around in arena commander which gets boring quick hence why I'm asking for help on improving performance so that maybe I can actually load crusader and get out of my bed with a frame rate higher than 1 lol