Vanduul Hunter/Killer Squads?

Zee

Hello everyone! 

I hope all is well. It's been a while since I posted anything, so I figured I'd drop another theory craft. Now before I begin, let me preface this post by saying that everything I'm about to pitch is mostly (if not, entirely) based on if CIG and CR can deliver on everything they've promised for the game.

I rediscovered a video by Minionsoldier with regard to the  possibility of capturing a Vanduul destroyer, stripping it down and selling its parts. More specifically, how to go about bringing enough firepower to the fight. Below is the full video.

Three Polaris? Interesting concept. As some of you know, I've invested a considerable amount into this game. With that said, I decided to reorganize my fleet. So now I've got four Polarii to accompany eight Hammerheads and an assortment of fighters and ground vehicles. If attacking the Vanduul (or any species for that matter) will be a real thing in the PU, I could see entire raiding parties being created to combat and salvage what they can from an enemy race's ships. As crazy as this sounds, I would actually be interested in doing this. Of course advanced scouting and planning would be required, but I do believe the Vanduul have a major weakness. From what we know about the Vanduul currently, they roam in clans and they don't really associate with other clans. They are very friendly with the Banu, however. For those that own a BMM and are interested, they could assist in laying a trap for a lone Vanduul ship, or targeted smaller group.

The options at the disposal of the attacking force could be infinite. It would just come down to a matter of timing, coordination and overall good teamwork, but I think it can be done. What are your thoughts?

I think it's probably foolhardy to start building a fleet around a concept that isn't going to be fleshed out for years.

Besides, we don't know what the Vanduul are entirely capable of yet. Remember that the UEE was having a lot of trouble against them up until recently when they started using the Retribution.

If the UEE with their cruisers, battleships and fleet carriers are having trouble with the Vanduul, what can an org full of schmucks with frigates and desroyers hope to accomplish against them other than keeping them at bay?

1 hour ago, J. Coren said:

I think it's probably foolhardy to start building a fleet around a concept that isn't going to be fleshed out for years.

Besides, we don't know what the Vanduul are entirely capable of yet. Remember that the UEE was having a lot of trouble against them up until recently when they started using the Retribution.

If the UEE with their cruisers, battleships and fleet carriers are having trouble with the Vanduul, what can an org full of schmucks with frigates and desroyers hope to accomplish against them other than keeping them at bay?

All valid points. The reorganization of my fleet was from funds already put into the game, I just moved ships around is all. Plus I'm going to be more combat focused anyway, so it made sense. These ship can also be used to assist Imperium in goals and objectives moving forward, but I digress. As of right now, we know that the Vanduul roam in small groups/packs. This would include small groups of destroyers and frigates. I don't see it as being impossible to coordinate an attack and cripple a ship or two. Three or four Polarii would stand a good chance against a single destroyer. The ship is made for hit and run attacks. If we couple a Polaris with a pair of Hammerheads, who knows who potent that combination would be. But to couple four Polarii with eight Hammerheads, ouch! I like those odds. As I said before, planning carefully and picking an ideal target would need to be at the forefront of any attack.

Nothing about this scenario is absolute, but if there is at least one other person in Imperium that has comparable firepower in their own personal fleet and is willing to combine forces, this is a very achievable goal. Of course all the necessary practice and intensive training would need to be accomplished first before we could launch an operation of this magnitude. It could prove to be very lucrative but extremely dangerous. I'd be willing to take a chance on and see what turns up.