Org Wars? The verse against TEST

Zee

Umm, so this just happened...

So this begs several questions. First, would leadership actually sign up for full scale war against Test Squadron?  Not to be a warmonger or anything, but if that were to happen, the entirety of my personal fleet would be at Imperium's disposal. If this game turns out to be all its been promised at release, launching attacks in space, air or on ground will require every troop we have involved in the fighting. 

Secondly, a billion credits... Really? I did notice that DragonsGaming failed to define the parameters of this bounty. Permadeath WILL be a thing, so does the bounty loom until. Montoya's character is dead dead? Or respawn dead? In either case, I am a mercenary at heart. I'll infiltrate the Vanduul homeworld to steal a glass of milk of you pay me to. Although there is clearly sarcasm here, I would like to an org war that'll take weeks or even months to resolve. I haven't seen that in any game before. 

Anyway, I hope you all got a kick out of this like I did. See yea soon!

Just skipped through the video as I couldn't stand this guy's voice but that video sounded more like some petulant child posturing with empty threats to me. :lol:

Now I'm not part of the Imperium leadership but I don't see why we should personally involve ourselves in a pointless 'war' just because some guy on YouTube offers an imaginary bounty of credits (that he does not possess) to assassinate someone in a game that is still years away from launch. And his sole reason for wanting to wage 'war' is just because Montoya is proud of his org and claims it's the best? A rather petty reason to go full retard over and 'declare war' in my opinion. ;)

I fight if the cause is just but I do not fight if the cause is some no-name guy from a no-name org who feels like someone stepped on his dick and now wants others to fight his 'war' for him. For all we know this guy is running a pirate org. :P

I think it's just fun and games. It's "fun" to see a bit of "propaganda" and banter between organizations now and then
Creating videos either via in-game movie, or using media team to post official notice of war could be a fun  way to "hype it up a bit"
but either way, it seems a bit too early 

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Just skipped through the video as I couldn't stand this guy's voice but that video sounded more like some petulant child posturing with empty threats to me. :lol:

Now I'm not part of the Imperium leadership but I don't see why we should personally fight in a pointless 'war' just because some guy on YouTube offers an imaginary bounty of credits (that he does not possess) for a hit on someone in a game that is still years away from launch. And his sole reason for wanting to wage 'war' is just because Montoya is proud of his org and claims it's the best? A rather petty reason to go full retard over and 'declare war' in my opinion. ;)

I fight if the cause is just but I do not fight if the cause is some no-name guy from a no-name org who feels like someone stepped on his dick and now wants others to fight his 'war' for him. For all we know this guy is running a pirate org. :P

LoL great points. I just like to fight. Members of Test are airways fun to troll every now and then.

It'll probably end up TEST vs most orgs anyways. The issue with their structure is people are free to do whatever, including provoke other orgs which leads to war. Nothing against Montoya, you should be proud of your org and think you're the best just like I think Imperium is the best but I do not like what TEST is as a org for the lack of structure. But that's what makes us human, some people like that so more power to 'em. 

2 hours ago, SwitchOnTwitch said:

It'll probably end up TEST vs most orgs anyways. The issue with their structure is people are free to do whatever, including provoke other orgs which leads to war. Nothing against Montoya, you should be proud of your org and think you're the best just like I think Imperium is the best but I do not like what TEST is as a org for the lack of structure. But that's what makes us human, some people like that so more power to 'em. 

Basically the Goons before they got their shit together.

This is probably all in good fun and just a good an excuse to do some PVP in a universe where there is no consequence currently. That is unless the video creator really is showing their powerlevel.

Absolutely nothing will be done without first being approved by Fleet Command. As it is, we have diplomatic relations with a large number of organizations, including TEST, and if our members were take up this bounty, they'd be actively violating our CoC. That said, yes there will be wars in the future, when the game dynamics kick in, but that won't be happening for a long time. ;)

27 minutes ago, Serxon said:

The most annoying video i ever watched about star citizen. Like it s a crime to say "We are the best!"

In my opinion: To declare war on anyone in a game not even finished with such a reason is dumb.

I think it just a joke and Montoya will probably see it that way. 

As for fighting Test might be a good way to train in Beta. Before a new patch and the wipe that comes with it. We could have a weekend war. The go back to being friends after. I think it be good training for large wars over a system or two. Also help people use their capital ships and train with them. How to repair and rearm them after fights. Test could use it for fun and training at the same time.

First of all.. wow. that video was horrible. The kaleidoscope graphics were vomit-inducing and his voice makes me want to cut off my own ears.

second.. I think Montoya's intentions are just to hype up his org. They have a happy, go lucky attitude that's all about having fun and are not getting too serious.
(Their lack of a serious undertone is what turned me off from joining TEST when I first backed the game, and one of the reasons I love Imperium).

While I don't think Montoya intentionally wants to start "org wars" I do think a little bit of tact on his part would have been a better idea.
His blunt boasting on TEST being "the best squadron" and especially him saying that "other orgs suck" pretty much made me not want to watch his videos anymore. It comes across as very arrogant and demeaning. We all know how quickly toxicity can rise within internet communities, especially in one like ours with such passion for this game. It seems he likes to stoke some fires.

Whatever Montoya's intention, saying these things can eventually lead to TEST turning into the org that everyone loves to hate.
I think that, if there is a lack of regulation within TEST, it might slowly turn them into a goonswarm-ish org where people join just to have superior numbers, and gank, harass and disrupt the game where and whenever they feel like because they're a massive org that can just overcome anything with overwhelming numbers and dont care if they lose anything or even get banned.

In any case, it's way too early to start an org war right now as we can't even tell who's who ingame, org support isnt in and the game can barely handle a large group.

19 hours ago, RSLtaken said:

I think it just a joke and Montoya will probably see it that way. 

As for fighting Test might be a good way to train in Beta. Before a new patch and the wipe that comes with it. We could have a weekend war. The go back to being friends after. I think it be good training for large wars over a system or two. Also help people use their capital ships and train with them. How to repair and rearm them after fights. Test could use it for fun and training at the same time.

I line the training idea. I think it would be s great test of our skills in combat, repair and salvage. To hone our skills before the game goes live would be ideal. I believe in Imperium, regardless of what odds we face. You have to have the right level of seriousness to be the best. Something that I don't believe Test has. They seem to want to win a war of attrition, wear their foe down with numbers. Imperium is much more coordinated than that.