Nothing but problems with the entire game

dirty harry

A few days ago i bought SC, so installed it and started to play, but i run in nothing but trouble because it already starts with starting the game because that takes

minutes, and when i'm finaly in, then it starts to lag like i never have seen since i had a 486 pc. Anyway, when i make it to the panel to get my ship, then the waiting time

is about 25 minutes, but i found out that when i hit the expidited fee, whatever that means, then i have to wait 2,5 minutes and then i get the message that my ship

is destroyed, so quit the game and start al over again, and then i finaly get my ship. Then i took a job to pick up a black box, so i get the star map, set the destination

and i'm of heading towards the wreck where i have to get the black box, but  when i almost there, the game stops working, so start al over again, wait wait wait and deal with

enormous lag, get tot the panel and ask for my ship, wait another 2 minutes and then i get the message that my ship is destroyed, so quit the game, start it again

and go through all the trouble and then i can try it again, so get a job fly to the destination, get out of my ship and grab the black box, but i can't get it

into my ship, because everytime i'm getting in my ship, the black box doesn't, so i get out again and try to grab it, but then i can't grab it and the game

stops working. So i bought a non playable piece of shit game that cost me almost 75 frigging dollars, so what a damn rip off!

I also did read in the youtube comments that this lag is already the same shit for over a year now, so how can they sell a game like that, and do nothing

about that problem? And there's no tutotial that helps you around, so you have to figure out everything yourself like in the weapon or dump store,

because i don't have a clue what weapon does what, or what the items in the dump store are, and not to mention all the other shit i run into.

This game is the same as buying a cruise ticket on a cruiseship that is still half under construction and doesn't even float yet, so what a rip off!

Now is there anything i can do to make this game work propperly, or is there a way to get my money back? Because i don't want to pay

for something that doesn't work. A

Here the spes of my pc, and i can't believe that it's not good enough to play this game, but i show it anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 98.9%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600 C9 2x8GB 
MBD: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO

And excuse me my bad englisch, because i'm from holland.

Hi. First of all, I understand your frustration. You buy into this game and awant to play it, and when everything lags, breaks and is generally a unpleasant experience.. it bites.

However, Star Citizen is in early Alpha right now. These are the bumps they will smooth out over the coming months/years. If you expected a smooth, playable game.. yeah, sorry but it's not that. Not yet. The website is clear that the game is in alpha and still in heavy development.

You might be able to get your money back if you really want to, if you make a strong enough case in a support ticket but I have to say; hang in there. Trust me, things used to be even worse.

I can't think of anything that would make your game run smoothly, I'm not that technical to be fair. Your specs do look fine, they're comparible to my own.
Right now there are some serious stability issues that can cause crashes or immense lag which is due to the network code not being up to snuff. The next patch, 3.1, will be released at the end of march and will have some improvements. A larger improvement to the code has been pushed to the patch after that, 3.2, which we'll probably see somewhere around july.

Just leave it alone for now and check back in around the end of the month, or maybe around july for 3.2.
Most of the community is sitting back and waiting for the next patch.

4 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Hi. First of all, I understand your frustration. You buy into this game and awant to play it, and when everything lags, breaks and is generally a unpleasant experience.. it bites.

However, Star Citizen is in early Alpha right now. These are the bumps they will smooth out over the coming months/years. If you expected a smooth, playable game.. yeah, sorry but it's not that. Not yet. The website is clear that the game is in alpha and still in heavy development.

You might be able to get your money back if you really want to, if you make a strong enough case in a support ticket but I have to say; hang in there. Trust me, things used to be even worse.

I can't think of anything that would make your game run smoothly, I'm not that technical to be fair. Your specs do look fine, they're comparible to my own.
Right now there are some serious stability issues that can cause crashes or immense lag which is due to the network code not being up to snuff. The next patch, 3.1, will be released at the end of march and will have some improvements. A larger improvement to the code has been pushed to the patch after that, 3.2, which we'll probably see somewhere around july.

Just leave it alone for now and check back in around the end of the month, or maybe around july for 3.2.
Most of the community is sitting back and waiting for the next patch.

i'm really pissed off, because sure i did understood that this game isn't ready and in beta, but i expected a more playable game than this crap.

And this lag problem is already more than a year old, so why didn't they fix that first? it's a  server problem, so that could have bin solved by now,

and when they can't, then the should have warned new buyers for al the lag and bugs, or even stop selling shit that doesn't work at all, because

the list of problems is way bigger than the ones i already mentioned, and that makes it a complete non playable game.

i watched alot of youtube video's  from people who made a in game video, so i don't understand how they don't have/had al these problems.

the following is in Dutch:

Hee man, hoe gaat het? :)

Dacht ik klop dit even in het Nederlands voor de afwisseling. Allereerst is dit spel nog niet in beta maar in alpha. Dit is dus niet zoiets als een EA game met zogenaamde '3 dagen voor release testen' want dat is allemaal nep. Wat we hier hebben is een spel in echte ontwikkeling en niet die zogenaamde alpha/beta van andere uitgevers. ;)

Dus effectief gezien zit je hier als het ware aan tafel met de ontwikkelaars en kun je volgen hoe een spel vanaf begin tot eind nu echt gemaakt word. Geen enkele andere ontwikkelaar doet dit dus het is niet verwonderlijk dat het spel niet lekker loopt. Ik heb zelf een monster-PC (8700k, 1080TI, 32GB etc.) maar ik heb ook last van 30fps met vette lag tenzij ik de server helemaal voor mezelf heb.

Als ik jou was zou ik gewoon rustig afwachten omdat het spel gaandeweg beter zal worden. Voor dit jaar zijn ze druk bezig om het spel soepeler te laten lopen dus wat je nu ziet zal met een aantal maanden al veel beter moeten lopen. Op dit moment laadt het spel gewoon alles in in plaats van enkel het stuk in je nabije omgeving. Vandaar ook dat Star Citizen op dit moment zo jouw 16GB RAM gebruikt en dan eigenlijk nog meer wil.

Daarnaast kun je binnen 14 dagen een 'geld terug' aanvragen en gewoon wachten totdat het spel officieel uit is. Ik wacht al sinds 2013 maar omdat ik zelf in het verleden ook een soort van ontwikkelaar ben geweest weet ik dat alles niet altijd op rolletjes loopt en een simpele bug je zo een maand van frustratie kan bezorgen. En een spel van dit kaliber heeft echt wel wat meer tijd nodig dan 5 jaar. Dit is niet iets als Mass Effect Andromeda of Call of Duty wat EA even binnen een paar jaar uitschijt om snel geld binnen te harken. :P

Dus ik zou gewoon de zaken nemen voor wat ze zijn en de ontwikkelingen volgen, of gewoon je geld terug vragen en lekker wachten tot het spel officieel uit is. Zelf verwacht ik dat het nog wel tot 2020 zal duren voordat we echt een volledige game hebben. 

Groeten uit Drenthe!

---

now also available in English: 

Hey man, how's it going? :)

Thought I'd type this in Dutch for a change. First off this game isn't in beta but in alpha. This isn't something like an EA game with so-called '3 days before release' because that's all fake. What we have hear is a game in actual development and not those so-called aplha/beta of other developers. ;)

Effectively you're sitting at the same table with the developers and you can follow how a game is made from beginning to end. No other developer does this and as such it's not surprising that the game doesn't run smoothly. I have a monster-PC (8700k, 1080TI, 32GB etc.) but I also get 30fps and bad lag unless I have the server all to myself.

If I were you I'd just wait patiently because the game will get better along the way. For this year they are busy to make the game run smoother so what you see now should run a lot better in a couple months time. At the moment the game simply loads everything instead of just the stuff in your proximity. Because of this Star Citizen uses up your 16GB and then wants more.

Besides that you can get a refund within 14 days and simply wait until the game is officially released. I've been waiting since 2013 but because I've been a developer myself of sorts I know that everything never runs smoothly and a simple bug can offer a months worth of frustration. And a game of this caliber will take a bit more time than 5 years. This isn't something as Mass Effect Andromeda or Call of Duty that EA simply shits out within a few years to rake in some cash. :P

So I'd just take things for what they are and follow the development, or get your money back and wait until the game is officially released. I suspect that it will take until 2020 before we have a complete game.

Greetings from Drenthe!

43 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

the following is in Dutch:

Hee man, hoe gaat het? :)

Dacht ik klop dit even in het Nederlands voor de afwisseling. Allereerst is dit spel nog niet in beta maar in alpha. Dit is dus niet zoiets als een EA game met zogenaamde '3 dagen voor release testen' want dat is allemaal nep. Wat we hier hebben is een spel in echte ontwikkeling en niet die zogenaamde alpha/beta van andere uitgevers. ;)

Dus effectief gezien zit je hier als het ware aan tafel met de ontwikkelaars en kun je volgen hoe een spel vanaf begin tot eind nu echt gemaakt word. Geen enkele andere ontwikkelaar doet dit dus het is niet verwonderlijk dat het spel niet lekker loopt. Ik heb zelf een monster-PC (8700k, 1080TI, 32GB etc.) maar ik heb ook last van 30fps met vette lag tenzij ik de server helemaal voor mezelf heb.

Als ik jou was zou ik gewoon rustig afwachten omdat het spel gaandeweg beter zal worden. Voor dit jaar zijn ze druk bezig om het spel soepeler te laten lopen dus wat je nu ziet zal met een aantal maanden al veel beter moeten lopen. Op dit moment laadt het spel gewoon alles in in plaats van enkel het stuk in je nabije omgeving. Vandaar ook dat Star Citizen op dit moment zo jouw 16GB RAM gebruikt en dan eigenlijk nog meer wil.

Daarnaast kun je binnen 14 dagen een 'geld terug' aanvragen en gewoon wachten totdat het spel officieel uit is. Ik wacht al sinds 2013 maar omdat ik zelf in het verleden ook een soort van ontwikkelaar ben geweest weet ik dat alles niet altijd op rolletjes loopt en een simpele bug je zo een maand van frustratie kan bezorgen. En een spel van dit kaliber heeft echt wel wat meer tijd nodig dan 5 jaar. Dit is niet iets als Mass Effect Andromeda of Call of Duty wat EA even binnen een paar jaar uitschijt om snel geld binnen te harken. :P

Dus ik zou gewoon de zaken nemen voor wat ze zijn en de ontwikkelingen volgen, of gewoon je geld terug vragen en lekker wachten tot het spel officieel uit is. Zelf verwacht ik dat het nog wel tot 2020 zal duren voordat we echt een volledige game hebben. 

Groeten uit Drenthe!

Hoi Danakar, je geeft nogal af op games als onder andere cod, maar dat zijn wel games die werken en af zijn, en waarmee ik mijzelf toch dik 100 uur

vermaakt heb. Daarnaast kosten dergelijke games rond de 50 euro, dus zo duur zijn ze niet. Als ik dan kijk dat ik hier nu voor dit spel even dik 75 dollar

heb moeten aftikken, dan mag ik toch wel verwachten dat het een beetje met fatsoen speelbaar is. Dan lees ik op yt commentaren van meer dan een jaar oud

over de lag van heel dit spel, dus schandalig dat gewoon nog steeds niet verholpen is, want dat schijnt gewoon een serverprobleem te zijn,

dus hoe bestaat het dat zoiets simpels dan nog niet verholpen is. Ik heb totaal geen verstand van computers en dergelijke, maar ik begrijp dus

dat alle data via het internet verstuurd word voor deze game, en het dus niet van mijn harde schijf gehaald word, dus waarom allemaal zo

lomp en moeilijk doen? Dat ze dan gewoon de hele game op je harde schijf dumpen en je dan per email gewoon de laatste updates doorsturen,

want dit zuigt, en schijnbaar al jaren.

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

Hoi Danakar, je geeft nogal af op games als onder andere cod, maar dat zijn wel games die werken en af zijn, en waarmee ik mijzelf toch dik 100 uur

vermaakt heb. Daarnaast kosten dergelijke games rond de 50 euro, dus zo duur zijn ze niet. Als ik dan kijk dat ik hier nu voor dit spel even dik 75 dollar

heb moeten aftikken, dan mag ik toch wel verwachten dat het een beetje met fatsoen speelbaar is. Dan lees ik op yt commentaren van meer dan een jaar oud

over de lag van heel dit spel, dus schandalig dat gewoon nog steeds niet verholpen is, want dat schijnt gewoon een serverprobleem te zijn,

dus hoe bestaat het dat zoiets simpels dan nog niet verholpen is. Ik heb totaal geen verstand van computers en dergelijke, maar ik begrijp dus

dat alle data via het internet verstuurd word voor deze game, en het dus niet van mijn harde schijf gehaald word, dus waarom allemaal zo

lomp en moeilijk doen? Dat ze dan gewoon de hele game op je harde schijf dumpen en je dan per email gewoon de laatste updates doorsturen,

want dit zuigt, en schijnbaar al jaren.

Dutch:

De reden dat ik afgeef op CoD is omdat het constant gewoon hetzelfde is wat ze elk jaar uitschijten. Dat jij je er mee kunt vermaken is prima, maar ik wil zo onderhand toch wat meer dan elk jaar meer van hetzelfde. CoD voelt voor mij meer aan als een nieuwe DLC dan een volwaardig spel. :P

Maar het klinkt dat jij gewoon een spel wil spelen dat al af is en geen zin hebt om je te verdiepen in de ontwikkeling achter het maken van een spel. En dat is helemaal niet erg maar dan is het duidelijk dat Star Citizen op dit moment niets voor jou is omdat het een spel in ontwikkeling is en nog niet af is. 

Dus doe jezelf een plezier en vraag gewoon je geld terug. Dan ga je eerst lekker een paar jaar iets anders spelen en als Star Citizen dan gereleased is koop je hem toch lekker dan pas?  ;) 

---

English:

The reason I'm crapping on CoD is because it's always the same what they shit out every year. That you find enjoyment in it is fine, but I'd like to have something more instead of the same stuff every year. CoD feels to me more like a new DLC than a full game. :P

But it sounds like you just want to play a game that's finished and don't care about delving into the development behind making a game. And that's perfectly fine but then it's clear that Star Citizen is not for you at the moment because it's a game in development and not finished yet.

So do yourself a favor and get a refund. Then you can just go and play something else for a few years and when Star Citizen is released you simply buy it then? ;)

Voor een Star Citizen Starter Pack betaal je niet meer dan 49,55 euro, dus het is je eigen keuze geweest om meer te betalen aan een spel dat nog niet af is.

Aangezien Star Citizen nog in ontwikkeling is en een hoop onderliggende systemen nog worden toegevoegd kan ik me voorstellen dat het netwerk nog niet geoptimaliseerd is. Vandaar dat ook de "Network Bind Culling"  en "Performance Optimization" geplanned staan voor de 3.2 patch.

2 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Dus doe jezelf een plezier en vraag gewoon je geld terug. Dan ga je eerst lekker een paar jaar iets anders spelen en als Star Citizen dan gereleased is koop je hem toch lekker dan pas?  ;) 

Helemaal met Danakar eens. Ik denk dat het een goed idee is om Star Citizen voor een tijdje links te laten liggen en iets anders te spelen. Kom over een jaartje ofzo terug en misschien is het dan meer wat je ervan had verwacht.

4 hours ago, dirty harry said:

i'm really pissed off, because sure i did understood that this game isn't ready and in beta, but i expected a more playable game than this crap.

Dutch or not, clearly, as is obvious from your initial and subsequent posts, you actually did NOT thoroughly read through and understand/pay attention to any of the profligate indications and warnings CIG has provided backers and potential backers with respect to the Game being an Alpha (Note that you indicate "beta" in the above extracted quote, even after others stated before that that it was an Alpha - check your facts before you rage) and the attendant problems such a game build embodies - those being lag, low FPS, clipping, missing ship components, etc.

You should be pissed at yourself, not CIG, for not paying better attention.

As your post is from somebody with non-native English reading comprehension skills, the next time you or anybody else you know has a rage post related to an alpha build of any game, TYPE IT OUT AND RE-READ IT in your own language first before posting. Then, consider the likely response of anybody who actually knows what's going on with the product build. I'd bet the post will be changed or even deleted. Maybe there should be a Dutch language thread as well.

You are well within your window to request a refund, I echo my org mates and say spare yourself more heartburn and do so. That or just mellow out, it's an alpha, you've hopefully spent just the basic pledge cost (quite a deal, frankly), and, like most any non-3000AD game, it will get better for you. Your computer specs look absolutely appropriate. Search around for suggestions of how to boost more FPS.

5 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Here the spes of my pc, and i can't believe that it's not good enough to play this game, but i show it anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 98.9%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600 C9 2x8GB 
MBD: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO

Here are the recommended specs for SC:

YtxSADU.png

You need 8gb more RAM

Recommended is a GPU with 4GB VRAM. The GTX 970 only has 3.5GB.

If you don't have SC on an SSD, that is also strongly recommended.

As much as I can understand being frustrated, the reality is that you bought into a game at an alpha level and CIG has made absolutely ZERO claims that the game is fully in beta, stable, etc... It is in development and has been for years. Buying into this is an investment in future entertainment. If you are expecting something polished now, then by all means request a refund. If you're willing to accept that you've bought into an alpha and are willing to wait for things to become more stable, then keep your purchase and be patient.  You paid $75 for an alpha access to the game that will be yours for the entirety of the existence of SC. You did NOT pay $75 for a finished, smooth product. Again, be patient and welcome to the ride. :)

That said, 99% of the time, if a person sees that other people have fewer issues with the game than I do, I assume the issue is with my machine/install/drivers/settings/etc... versus blaming the game itself. A bit of time troubleshooting or searching for fixes and tweaks to help with frame-rates is often worth it. That said, if you're trying to run this on a 970 on anything higher than medium settings, then that's a reason for the problems you're facing. I am in Hong Kong and run a i5-6600K, 32 gig RAM, 1070, and have SC installed on a SSD, and I have lag issues if I try to go above medium. It's the nature of being in a game that's still in development and not at all optimized.

8 hours ago, Donut said:

Here are the recommended specs for SC:

YtxSADU.png

You need 8gb more RAM

Recommended is a GPU with 4GB VRAM. The GTX 970 only has 3.5GB.

If you don't have SC on an SSD, that is also strongly recommended.

Upgrading would help him however we both know that even people with monster PCs experience these issues today.

Regardless of what he does in terms of hardware there will undoubtedly be issues with the game-play experience. The key thing to remember, which has already been hammered home here, is that the game is in Alpha. It will get better eventually, as do all games in their long development cycles. They've continually improved the playable portions of the game and that will simply continue to happen. 

My advice,

if you purchased the game with the expectations of jumping right in with no issues change that assumption now. Leave your package as is, do what you are able about your hardware, and play the waiting game with the rest of us. 

If you cannot do the above, or a suitable version of it in your eyes, then i'd just refund the game now and ignore it until you hear about either its official launch or its official dis-continuation.

-Lakota
5 Year StarCitizen waiting grandmaster

Warning about updating your pc.

YOU STILL GET LAGS AND CRASH. 

I am running SC on an mve2.0 ssd. 8700K cpu and an 1080ti and 32gb ram.

I am still running into crashs and lags. 

Welcome  to the waiting game.... 

Important:

• Many new features are present as a first implementation and still have numerous adjustments and tweaks to be made to bring them to full design specifications.
  • Many optimizations are still incoming and performance isn’t up to our standard as is.
  • With no many new systems coming online, there are likely to be numerous bugs left to smash and balance changes to hammer out.
  • We want you to be part of our open development! Report issues and bugs you encounter on our issue council: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council.

On 8-3-2018 at 8:55 PM, MadWolfie said:

Warning about updating your pc.

YOU STILL GET LAGS AND CRASH. 

I am running SC on an mve2.0 ssd. 8700K cpu and an 1080ti and 32gb ram.

I am still running into crashs and lags. 

Welcome  to the waiting game.... 

yeah that what it is, a waiting game alright

Here is another interesting piece of information provided by CIG that must be agreed upon before proceeding with any pledge ... I particularly like the part that says "Welcome to open development"!

You are a crowdfunding pledge, not a purchase! Star Citizen is funded through a community crowdfunding effort. Your "Pledge Funds" for in-game items such as ships or weapons will be spent on the ongoing development of the game. 

Welcome to Open Development! Star Citizen's Alpha releases include work-in-progress and features that have bugs that will be improved in future updates [See Roadmap ]. Your pledge will grant you continued access to this process. We encourage community feedback but the decisions must ultimately remain with the developer. 

All Pledges are final! For these reasons, you can not get your Pledge Funds back even if a particular in-game item takes longer to become available, contains bugs, or undergoes design changes. By placing your order, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions , in particular, section Pledges . 

i finaly managed to pick up and deliver items, so i'm making money alright. But what's up with landing on a planet? because most of the time, i can't get closer than

300km, and the ship is doing 200 metres per second, so that takes a whopping 25 minutes to get on the destination.

2 hours ago, dirty harry said:

i finaly managed to pick up and deliver items, so i'm making money alright. But what's up with landing on a planet? because most of the time, i can't get closer than

300km, and the ship is doing 200 metres per second, so that takes a whopping 25 minutes to get on the destination.

If you hit your afterburner you will go up to your max speed... which is above 200 mps for any of the ships, really.
To get closer to certain marked destinations on one of the moons (planets arent in the game yet), use the orbital markers (OM1, OM2, etc. ) to get closer.
Point your ship at one of the markers and, if it's not obstructed, you should be able to Quantum Jump to these markers.

you can also drop out of quantum while traveling, hit the QD button again. This does require some timing.

20 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

If you hit your afterburner you will go up to your max speed... which is above 200 mps for any of the ships, really.
To get closer to certain marked destinations on one of the moons (planets arent in the game yet), use the orbital markers (OM1, OM2, etc. ) to get closer.
Point your ship at one of the markers and, if it's not obstructed, you should be able to Quantum Jump to these markers.

you can also drop out of quantum while traveling, hit the QD button again. This does require some timing.

I have the aurora and the afterburner doesn't make any difference. And i do use  the orbital markers, but the closest i can get most of the times

is between 150 and even 350 kilometres, so in the second case, i'm about 25 minutes on my way. But getting out the quantum travel is what

i'm going to try next, and let you know if it works. 

I'm glad to see that @dirty harry has stayed with us. Whatever we might post, assume positive intent on our part.

Very often, we will say "manage your expectations". We should also be saying "manage your disappointment" and "maintain perspective"

At the amount of money required to pledge at the initial levels, that's about 2 weeks without the irregular fast food and coffee purchase. Keep that perspective when playing in this open development game in its Alpha phase. I'd say we're getting a pretty good deal.

I dont understand how you're stuck at 200 Mps. SCM speed is 195, I just went into the game and checked.. after using afterburner, a aurora's max speed is 1212 mps. I really don't think you were using your afterburner:p

1 hour ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I dont understand how you're stuck at 200 Mps. SCM speed is 195, I just went into the game and checked.. after using afterburner, a aurora's max speed is 1212 mps. I really don't think you were using your afterburner:p

P = pin target

X = boost

and when i press boost, then i see more flames coming out of the aurora, but the speed stay's the same.

here's the options menu

options menu sc.jpg

4 hours ago, dirty harry said:

P = pin target

X = boost

and when i press boost, then i see more flames coming out of the aurora, but the speed stay's the same.

here's the options menu

options menu sc.jpg

Boost is not the same as afterburner. Shift is your afterburner and will get you up to full speed in a straight line. You can manouver a little but any sharp turns will slow you down to SCM speed again.

Give it some time, the system will set up new missions now and then. Sometimes it takes a little while