Nothing but problems with the entire game

dirty harry

2 hours ago, LowZone said:

I agree with others that 3.1 could have used a little more time on the PTU before release,

But, they had to, come Hell or high water, release the 3.1 patch before the end of the month. Which they did, however bad it is.

2 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

It's up to you to decide if you want to keep playing or wait for the patch. I decided for myself I'd just casually log in now and then.
The credits you are spending are just aUEC so there's no need to worry about losing actual UEC.

If the patch this week fixes both the insurance costs, adresses the amount of money you can make in the verse and fixes some critical crash issues.. things should be more balanced. We'll have to wait and see.

CIG has said they are aware of the problems and are working on it. Again, this is a ALPHA version of the game and crashes and bugs are to be expected. If you don't want to deal with crashes at all, which i can understand because it pisses me off as well, you might want to come back later. Check in now and thento see how performance is or maybe wait for 3.2 in a couple of months (at the end of June) when they supposedly will be implementing Network Bind Culling, which should potentially do so much performance. Also, 3.2 is packed with awesome stuff such as mining and salvage. Perhaps it's just worth it to wait.

Sure it's not real money, but i want to buy things instead of paying fee's for every damn crash, and even worse, loose al your cargo

and the money you payed for the cargo. So they should fix those things first imo.

2 hours ago, LowZone said:

One day, you may come to the realisation that each major update is not necessarily going to fix all the problems of the previous patch, but are, in fact, intended to be a delivery system for adding new content (however superfluous). And yes, these features added in new patches may even introduce game breaking bugs prior to optimisation but are necessary for the game to be developed. 

I agree with others that 3.1 could have used a little more time on the PTU before release, but remember, we are playing testing this game at a stage where most AAA titles would not even be publicly announced. Of all the intended features in the final game, we have currently 10-20% at best? There is a looong way to go yet. I just hope CIG doesn't succumb to pressure and actually does things right rather than on time.

In short, you may want to stay away for a little longer than a week if you want to be able to play the game crash-free. Otherwise, support development by play-testing the game, expecting to crash every 5 minutes (never risking more than you can afford to lose) and report those bugs/crashes!

sure it's in alpha, but for 7 years? In that time alot of other games were developed, tested, sold, played and done with.

Now this game is sure different, but 7 years and still far from done? Now i bought this game a few weeks ago, but i can't understand how

some people already have this game for a few years, and can't stand the incredible slow progress, because what do we have?

5 moons and 2 spacestations, and almost nothing to do than shoot some other ships and buy sell goods and that's it for 7 years of work,

and when it would be finished by now, i would say ok that took a while, but it's finaly done, but it's far from that,

so i'm really start to ask myself if this game won't end up in the history books as the biggest flop in the entire game industry because again,

7 long long long long years and it's still an almost unplayable game that crashes harder and more often than a 90's dos computer.

When i start this game, i feel like i'm back to the early 90's with shitty computers and heaps of problems to get a game installed and running,

because that was a real hassle back in the day, and SC is good in bringing the "good times" back on that. I call it the waiting game, because

that is what you do the most in sc.

4 hours ago, dirty harry said:

rustled jimmies snip

Most of us understand what this project is and who is developing it. We understand that our dream game will take years to make, and many of us are willing to wait until it's finished no matter the state of the current patch.

Since you've been involved with the project for only a few weeks it shows you lack context for where this project started, has gone, and is going. You were not around to see people lose their minds over Arena Commander Free Flight mode. You were not around when Star Marine was put on hold and the entire project went from being farmed out to several studios to an in-house production. You were not around for when the game booted directly to your hangar. You were not around for when the project was moved off the Cry Engine to Lumberyard. Likely the only Pre-2.0 assets you have seen are the Mustang.

You are not speaking an unspoken truth nor are you providing biting criticism.

You are just being impatient.

2 hours ago, J. Coren said:

Most of us understand what this project is and who is developing it. We understand that our dream game will take years to make, and many of us are willing to wait until it's finished no matter the state of the current patch.

Since you've been involved with the project for only a few weeks it shows you lack context for where this project started, has gone, and is going. You were not around to see people lose their minds over Arena Commander Free Flight mode. You were not around when Star Marine was put on hold and the entire project went from being farmed out to several studios to an in-house production. You were not around for when the game booted directly to your hangar. You were not around for when the project was moved off the Cry Engine to Lumberyard. Likely the only Pre-2.0 assets you have seen are the Mustang.

You are not speaking an unspoken truth nor are you providing biting criticism.

You are just being impatient.

While I agree that a bit more patience is required, just because someone didn’t join the project when you did and weren’t there when x happened or y was announced, doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled to have their own opinion, or that they aren’t allowed to be frustrated. 

I do think @dirty harry joined the project with a false idea of what the game’s status actually is... which is partly CIG’s fault, it should communicate this clearly... and partly his own for perhaps not doing enough research.

Many games take a long time to develop, most times even longer than you realize because it’s development is kept secret for years within the company.

CIG didn’t, we are all following along as the pudding is being made. Also, when looking at the massive scope of Star Citizen, I’m not surprised if it takes a few years more then your average AAA game.

@dirty harry Don’t get me wrong, I want this game to be finished as much as you do... and it’s frustrating that it’s buggy.

You know who also really want this game to be ready, stable and free of bugs? Probably more so then us?

Chris Roberts and everyone at CIG.

@dirty harry if you truly have such issues with the game being in its Alpha state the way it is, then I will concur with others who have said you should sit back and wait awhile. Continuous venting of your personal issues with the game isn't really all that constructive unless you're doing so on the CIG issue council. The game is NOT in a finished or polished state and 99% of your personal issues with the game seem to come from your desire for things like balancing and polish that happen much later in game development than the game is thus far.

Personally, I have backed past the Wing Commander level, but haven't logged into the game in over a year because I know it's not in a state where I want to try to play it yet. That doesn't mean I am unhappy with the game or its development, simply that I know what my likes and dislikes are for taking part in Alpha/beta aspects of the game's development. If the game's state bothers you so terribly, take a break and just enjoy the community. Try playing again when it's in a state you'll more enjoy.

Additionally, this forum is a fan-site and forum for the game itself, not an official website for the game. I only mention this because, as an administrator, I can see that you've put in a support request related to game crashing, which we have NO ability to change. We aren't in any way affiliated with CIG. You need to go to the RSI website/spectrum for this.

1 hour ago, Fizzlefuse said:

While I agree that a bit more patience is required, just because someone didn’t join the project when you did and weren’t there when x happened or y was announced, doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled to have their own opinion, or that they aren’t allowed to be frustrated. 

I do think @dirty harry joined the project with a false idea of what the game’s status actually is... which is partly CIG’s fault, it should communicate this clearly... and partly his own for perhaps not doing enough research.

Many games take a long time to develop, most times even longer than you realize because it’s development is kept secret for years within the company.

CIG didn’t, we are all following along as the pudding is being made. Also, when looking at the massive scope of Star Citizen, I’m not surprised if it takes a few years more then your average AAA game.

@dirty harry Don’t get me wrong, I want this game to be finished as much as you do... and it’s frustrating that it’s buggy.

You know who also really want this game to be ready, stable and free of bugs? Probably more so then us?

Chris Roberts and everyone at CIG.

"a bit more patience is required" you say about a game that is already 7 long years in the making? The only more patience people

i know are buried 3 feed under ground. :lol:

7 years and only about 4 moons and 2 spacestations is all they came up with, and when that would work flawless, then it would 

be half as bad, but it's not. And i can't imagine that the people who worked on games like far cry, or any other cry engine based games

took more than 7 years to make a game, and even when they would have done 7 years on it, it was finished, but SC is far from

finished, so it really starts to become an embarrissing joke. 7 years work and still an almost unplayable game and not even

and end in sight. The previous path was working bad, but now the 3.1 is even worse, because it crashes all the time,

so it's no use to try to play, because when you buy goods, you will loose them and the money you spend on it after the

game crashes, so instead of impovement, it sucks even more by the day. Ow yes they gong to fix that i hear,

but it should have being fixed before they released the new patch. And the lag problem does excist for years now,

so instead of working on crap like personalize your character and more unimportant shit like that, they should have 

jumped on those horrible lag and crash problems and solved that by now.

33 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

@dirty harry if you truly have such issues with the game being in its Alpha state the way it is, then I will concur with others who have said you should sit back and wait awhile. Continuous venting of your personal issues with the game isn't really all that constructive unless you're doing so on the CIG issue council. The game is NOT in a finished or polished state and 99% of your personal issues with the game seem to come from your desire for things like balancing and polish that happen much later in game development than the game is thus far.

Personally, I have backed past the Wing Commander level, but haven't logged into the game in over a year because I know it's not in a state where I want to try to play it yet. That doesn't mean I am unhappy with the game or its development, simply that I know what my likes and dislikes are for taking part in Alpha/beta aspects of the game's development. If the game's state bothers you so terribly, take a break and just enjoy the community. Try playing again when it's in a state you'll more enjoy.

Additionally, this forum is a fan-site and forum for the game itself, not an official website for the game. I only mention this because, as an administrator, I can see that you've put in a support request related to game crashing, which we have NO ability to change. We aren't in any way affiliated with CIG. You need to go to the RSI website/spectrum for this.

Personal issues? As if i'm the only one who has problems with this game. :lol:

They are way to busy with design ships they sell for hundreds and even thousants of dollars, and all that for an empty game with

almost nothing to do, and even don't work propperly, so they should have never made it available until the bigest problems

are solved. And i did try to play the 3.1 patch, but it crashes al the time, so i lost credits, and when i want to start it up again,

then i have to wait a half hour before i can restart, OR pay a damn fee! So paying a fee for their crapy mistakes.

Sure it's not real money, but i want to make "money" so that i can buy things and upgrades and even that is impossible,

so a totaly unplayable game at this point, and then even my humble investment of 70 dollars is a complete waste of my real money.

I'm going to wait until they fix the fee problem and the lost of goods after the game crashes, and when that isnt done by the end

of this week, then i'm going to forget all about this game, because playing games should be entertaining, and not getting frustrated

and wanting to smash your pc or keyboard because of the next crash that happend.

That might be the best suggestion you have had so far. We are obviously having a hard time differentiating between a finished game and a still in development game. Yes, there Is a lot to be frustrated about but never have I consider smashing my keyboard. So based on that, you may want to walk away before something get broken. Be aware, I'm not up for the constant repetition of trying to convince you that everything will be fine. Please just go find something else to do for a while, like 2 years or so.

48 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Personal issues? As if i'm the only one who has problems with this game.

Many people have problems, you seem to take a personal offense/have a personal reaction to it that makes you dislike the game.

49 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

They are way to busy with design ships they sell for hundreds and even thousants of dollars, and all that for an empty game with

almost nothing to do, and even don't work propperly

If you knew anything about game development, you'd know that asset creation (i.e. ship concept and designing) has nothing to do with the actual gameplay/stability aspects of the game.

50 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

And i did try to play the 3.1 patch, but it crashes al the time, so i lost credits, and when i want to start it up again,

then i have to wait a half hour before i can restart, OR pay a damn fee!

So take a break and play something else, or just don't play the game.

51 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

So paying a fee for their crapy mistakes.

Alpha game dynamic that they have already said isn't working the way it was meant to, so they're working on fixing it.

51 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Sure it's not real money, but i want to make "money" so that i can buy things and upgrades and even that is impossible,

so a totaly unplayable game at this point, and then even my humble investment of 70 dollars is a complete waste of my real money.

It's not a game yet. It's an alpha test stage for a game. If you don't like the concept of pre-purchasing into an alpha, then you shouldn't have pledge for SC.

53 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

I'm going to wait until they fix the fee problem and the lost of goods after the game crashes, and when that isnt done by the end

of this week, then i'm going to forget all about this game, because playing games should be entertaining, and not getting frustrated

and wanting to smash your pc or keyboard because of the next crash that happend.

They will fix it on their timetable, not yours. If you want updates on what's going on, then go on the RSI website, check out threads on problems with 3.1 on the Spectrum, or watch the videos to see what they say about these issues and the ETA for fixing them.  I do agree that playing a game should be fun, not frustrating, which is why a LOT of people are simply waiting for the game to be in a more playable state than it is right now.

If you seriously have this many personal problems with Star Citizen in its alpha state, then I would again suggest going onto the RSI page and putting in threads about your particular issues. You're not going to get any real support here for your gripes and complaints, and making flippant comments about the length of development time doesn't really hold water here. We've been a community since the first weeks of the Kickstarter, and we're well aware of the development's processes, issues, and etc... Just because you personally hate where it's at doesn't mean you'll be getting much support for your kicking and screaming. If you want to continue to repeat your complaints, do so on a forum that actually can effect a difference. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC

You keep saying that they've only come up with a couple moons, some stations and a bunch of ships they sell for a lot of  money. This is not wrong, but not the whole truth either.

I do not know if this has already been said, but if you look beyond what is currently playable, they have made enormous progress. They had to build a studio from 12 to several hundred people, they had to modify the CryEngine to suit their needs (it went from a 5x5km map to a huge map with full sized moons), they had to make systems to generate planets, they had to implement a physics system that could actually function like real life in space (Cryengine flight model was made for atmospheric), they had to make a system to seperate the outside instance and the instance inside the ship so you could actually walk in flight, they had to design procedural damage states so that ships damage in reaction to your weapons, they had to make an economy system in an engine that did not entirely support it, they had to make seamless transitions from space to a full sized planet and thén they had to switch it all over to a brand new engine. Now they are busy with even more tech that makes the game what it should be, like item 2.0 and such. And that is just the technical side, and I'm probably not even mentioning everything. Also keep in mind that a lot of this is cutting edge stuff.

Keep in mind the PR work they do, the support, the events, the website, concepting and such. CIG is buried in work and has been since the get-go, and while not all of their decisions and developments are necessarily perfect, to say that they were being lazy all this time is simply not true.

@dirty harry if you want to play something polished and finished, Far Cry 5 is a ton of fun!

Edited by Caldon

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

Now you're sni---

---pping with portals!

Please take your problems to RSI/Spectrum and the Issue Council. Maybe try reproducing bugs people post so you have something to do with your time in SC if you choose to continue playing. Maybe also lurk in the 3.1.0 LIVE Discussion and Feedback subforum and keep an eye on the Devtracker to keep up to date on development. If this is too much, then I advise you step away from SC for a while and occupy yourself with the dozens of other games that release each month on various PC storefronts.

Or, if you're so angered by the state of Star Citizen yet you refuse to wait until the many problems with its pre-alpha build are ironed out, maybe you should have your pledge refunded. It's what you seem to want to do anyway, since you appear to have no concept of what you bought into nor the patience to see it come to fruition.

But whatever you do - please - for the sake of others - take your petulant attitude somewhere else, or stop with your passive aggressive tantrum. This thread has been going on for nearly a month and yet people continue to humor you out of a sense of respect you have not reciprocated to us or the forums.

Star Citizen Base is not your audience for your angsty slam poetry.

@dirty harry reading though your posts again, I can definitely see you're taking personal offense with the current state of the game. I'm backing up the others in this thread with saying "take some time away from Star Citizen". Go lay something else or focus on another hobby. The game won't be "complete" for at least a few years. If you keep trying and keep frustrating yourself with playing the alpha, you'll only get more frustrated every time you crash. It's not worth losing sleep over.

5 hours ago, J. Coren said:

Please take your problems to RSI/Spectrum and the Issue Council. Maybe try reproducing bugs people post so you have something to do with your time in SC if you choose to continue playing. Maybe also lurk in the 3.1.0 LIVE Discussion and Feedback subforum and keep an eye on the Devtracker to keep up to date on development. If this is too much, then I advise you step away from SC for a while and occupy yourself with the dozens of other games that release each month on various PC storefronts.

Or, if you're so angered by the state of Star Citizen yet you refuse to wait until the many problems with its pre-alpha build are ironed out, maybe you should have your pledge refunded. It's what you seem to want to do anyway, since you appear to have no concept of what you bought into nor the patience to see it come to fruition.

But whatever you do - please - for the sake of others - take your petulant attitude somewhere else, or stop with your passive aggressive tantrum. This thread has been going on for nearly a month and yet people continue to humor you out of a sense of respect you have not reciprocated to us or the forums.

Star Citizen Base is not your audience for your angsty slam poetry.

we live in a free world with freedom of speech, so i may think and say whatever i like as long it's within the limits, and it is because i don't get personal

to anyone here, so i expect the same from you.

And i will quit this game for a while alright, because right now it's more a waiting room simulator where you can test your patience to the limit,

and i went through my limit, so i'm done with it for a while.

27 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

we live in a free world with freedom of speech, so i may think and say whatever i like as long it's within the limits, and it is because i don't get personal

to anyone here, so i expect the same from you.

And i will quit this game for a while alright, because right now it's more a waiting room simulator where you can test your patience to the limit,

and i went through my limit, so i'm done with it for a while.

You are right that you are free to say what you want. That goes both ways though, so we can tell you that we don't want your rants here. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I don't know how you managed to miss the many warnings CIG put in the pledge store, but for next time, try to be more careful and do some research on what you are buying. It saves you a lot of frustration and, most of all, money. And in a year or two, come back to see what's up and keep yourself occupied with something else in the meantime. Or don't come back at all. Your choice. Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

1 minute ago, Caldon said:

You are right that you are free to say what you want. That goes both ways though, so we can tell you that we don't want your rants here. Funny how that works.

Anyway, I don't know how you managed to miss the many warnings CIG put in the pledge store, but for next time, try to be more careful and do some research on what you are buying. It saves you a lot of frustration and, most of all, money. And in a year or two, come back to see what's up and keep yourself occupied with something else in the meantime. Or don't come back at all. Your choice. Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

Is there anything else that i didn't hear from others, or are you just a parrot that keeps on repeating what others already have said?

3 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Is there anything else that i didn't hear from others, or are you just a parrot that keeps on repeating what others already have said?

Just that nobody gives a shit about you and your issues. Get a refund and leave.

5 minutes ago, Caldon said:

Just that nobody gives a shit about you and your issues. Get a refund and leave.

You must be the only one that gives a shit, because you can't leave it alone. And don't tell me what to do or don't, because you are

not in charge here. 

And don't tell me what to do or don't, because you are not in charge here. 

And you most certainly aren't either.

If you aren't going to stop disrespecting the members of this community, then please leave before you are removed by someone who actually is in charge.

Your vitriolic attitude is not welcome here.