Nothing but problems with the entire game

dirty harry

On 11/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, Juntau said:

Here is another interesting piece of information provided by CIG that must be agreed upon before proceeding with any pledge ... I particularly like the part that says "Welcome to open development"!

You are a crowdfunding pledge, not a purchase! Star Citizen is funded through a community crowdfunding effort. Your "Pledge Funds" for in-game items such as ships or weapons will be spent on the ongoing development of the game. 

Welcome to Open Development! Star Citizen's Alpha releases include work-in-progress and features that have bugs that will be improved in future updates [See Roadmap ]. Your pledge will grant you continued access to this process. We encourage community feedback but the decisions must ultimately remain with the developer. 

All Pledges are final! For these reasons, you can not get your Pledge Funds back even if a particular in-game item takes longer to become available, contains bugs, or undergoes design changes. By placing your order, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions , in particular, section Pledges . 

My personal experience is in the sense that US companies usually have a rough awakening when their "ACCEPT THAT YOU CANNOT DO ANYTING AGAINST US" clauses clash - in EU courts - against legal limits to the exclusion of liability according to EU countries law.

Moreover, even though they are going on telling the story that no sum is refundable since this is not a purchase but it's a pledge, this is not consistent with the fact that in the EU they charge VAT. Pledges are in fact not generally subject to VAT in EU countries, but digital sales are. The fact that they charge VAT on the payments may be therefore deemed in a EU court as an implicit admission that they are selling digital goods or the access to a service (a multiplayer game). And this means that they will be subject to all the remedies and actions against a seller of digital goods and/or service online.

Summarizing: CIG can of course take the time they deem to be appropriate to develop the project and tell us that pledges are not refundable no matter what, but if they stretch the thing to the point that some "big" UE based customer (or, worse, a lot of UE based customers) will ask a refund, I think their disclaimers will not help them as much as someone thinks.

11 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

*kick*
Don't worry, everyone has to learn sometime :D

Didn't see that stuppid button for an entire week. i must be getting old, witch i am in the eyes of a gamer. A dinosaur, hahaha!

there are no contracts, so is there anything else that i can do to raise my credits?  Like buying gold or anything else on a sertain place on a moon

and sell it elsewere?

29 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Didn't see that stuppid button for an entire week. i must be getting old, witch i am in the eyes of a gamer. A dinosaur, hahaha!

there are no contracts, so is there anything else that i can do to raise my credits?  Like buying gold or anything else on a sertain place on a moon

and sell it elsewere?

The age of most Star Citizen backers tends to be higher then the average console gamer, high end PCs are expensive and older gamers tend to have more disposable income. It's all good, everyone's welcome here

To make some aUEC you can do certain cargo runs, if you have a ship with cargo capacity.
I sometimes do Laranite runs between Port Olisar and ArcCorp mining on Yela, buying on Yela and selling at Olisar. I do think prices fluxuate depending on supply and demand... so I dont know the exact prices.

8 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

The age of most Star Citizen backers tends to be higher then the average console gamer, high end PCs are expensive and older gamers tend to have more disposable income. It's all good, everyone's welcome here

To make some aUEC you can do certain cargo runs, if you have a ship with cargo capacity.
I sometimes do Laranite runs between Port Olisar and ArcCorp mining on Yela, buying on Yela and selling at Olisar. I do think prices fluxuate depending on supply and demand... so I dont know the exact prices.

Thanks, i'm gonna try that, because there are no contracts. And try to shoot some pirates is not done with my standard aurora.

Btw, when i don't get contracts, then how about other players? When i started the game a week ago, it had lot's of contracts,

but i did get less by the day.

1 minute ago, dirty harry said:

Thanks, i'm gonna try that, because there are no contracts. And try to shoot some pirates is not done with my standard aurora.

Btw, when i don't get contracts, then how about other players? When i started the game a week ago, it had lot's of contracts,

but i did get less by the day.

I don't know what the criteria are for the missions, maybe it depends on what kind of ship you have?

14 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I'm going to forget about doing contracts, because they only pay between about 75 and 500 aUEC, and buy/sell lavanite from yela to olisar

is paying 10000 aUEC. I made a few runs after your tip, and made 33000 aUEC in 2 hours, so are there any other places with goods

that are even more profitable, or is this lavanite from yela to olisar the best option at this moment? I could have made some more,

but the internet connection blew up last night, so i had to go to bed early.

And is there a way to buy a better ship when i have enough aUEC? And when not, witch parts could i buy in the dump store to

make my ship faster/stronger/better?

And when i go to the fleet manager screen, i see 4 ships, al aurora's, so that must be a bug thing right?

And i bought a new suit, but how do i get it on?

13 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Succes at last! Doubled my credits in just one flight. I'm going to get rich and shameless!:lol:

Right now you can’t buy ships or vehicles for aUEC. You can buy things like shield generators and powerplants from Dumpers Depot though I’m not sure how effective those are right now. You can also buy firearms (for your character) and flightsuits/armor. If you’re looking for heavier character weaponry or outlaw armor, visit the shops on Grim Hex or at Levski (on Delamar). Please remember that this is all aUEC (alpha United Earth Credits) and any purchase along with your credit might/will probably get reset with the next patch.

purchasing ships, vehicles and shipweapons is probably rolling out this year though I doubt those will be final.

equipment and gear can be switched using your MobiGlas. Always make sure you’re wearing a spacesuit and helmet when stepping out an airlock 😉

16 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Succes at last! Doubled my credits in just one flight. I'm going to get rich and shameless!:lol:

Congrats. Just remember that all that effort to earn credits will be wiped out when the next version of the Alpha is released at the end of the month. There's also no guarantee that an effective earning method now will be as effective when 3.1 goes live. The key is to keep up with new developments, be adaptable to the ever-changing game environment and not be too frustrated at losing credits due to circumstances beyond your control.

17 minutes ago, LowZone said:

Congrats. Just remember that all that effort to earn credits will be wiped out when the next version of the Alpha is released at the end of the month. There's also no guarantee that an effective earning method now will be as effective when 3.1 goes live. The key is to keep up with new developments, be adaptable to the ever-changing game environment and not be too frustrated at losing credits due to circumstances beyond your control.

Yup. Like I said, no ingame purchase is final, unless of course CIG comes out and says otherwise. aUEC was introduced to test economy and purchasing mechanics, without influencing real UEC, and is still, like everything else, subject to change.

4 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Yup. Like I said, no ingame purchase is final, unless of course CIG comes out and says otherwise. aUEC was introduced to test economy and purchasing mechanics, without influencing real UEC, and is still, like everything else, subject to change.

Yep, but it's still nice being able to have the credits to buy a full set of armor and different weapons for your character; just so you don't have to run around in 'jammies' with nothing but a pistol all day. :P 

9 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

Right now you can’t buy ships or vehicles for aUEC. You can buy things like shield generators and powerplants from Dumpers Depot though I’m not sure how effective those are right now. You can also buy firearms (for your character) and flightsuits/armor. If you’re looking for heavier character weaponry or outlaw armor, visit the shops on Grim Hex or at Levski (on Delamar). Please remember that this is all aUEC (alpha United Earth Credits) and any purchase along with your credit might/will probably get reset with the next patch.

purchasing ships, vehicles and shipweapons is probably rolling out this year though I doubt those will be final.

equipment and gear can be switched using your MobiGlas. Always make sure you’re wearing a spacesuit and helmet when stepping out an airlock 😉

What a bummer when al earned aUEC and all purchases will/might get lost at the next patch. :(

14 hours ago, dirty harry said:

What a bummer when al earned aUEC and all purchases will/might get lost at the next patch. :(

Meh, it's not that bad, right now there's not much you can do with the aUEC anyway. What will really bite is when they'll add Vehicles and Ships that possibly get reset with every new patch 0_o.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:30 PM, Danakar Endeel said:

The reason I'm crapping on CoD is because it's always the same what they shit out every year. That you find enjoyment in it is fine, but I'd like to have something more instead of the same stuff every year. CoD feels to me more like a new DLC than a full game.

Thank you for crapping on that game! It is well deserved. PLEASE lets not have anything CoD-esque near Star Citizen!!

I enjoyed Mass Effect (the first one) after the second one I felt betrayed. I bought the third (had store credit), but I couldn't even bring myself to play it more than 2 minutes  DX

Mass Effect 1 got a few things right though, that I'd love to see in Star Citizen. Like the interesting and diverse storyline/quests/sidequests and environments. Right now SC seems more like a ship-buying, ship-flying sim, with little-to-no exploration or adventure! Still I have high hopes for this game. I just wish CIG would stop making new ships (temporarily) and get to fixing up a nice vast diverse universe to explore. Or at least a good portion of it. If they did they would undoubtedly draw more players, which could give them more time for development. If not, they may take so long they run out of money, and in doing so, lose the base they already have as well. That would be no good. I don't want them to rush it out like practically all "promise games" these days. But they should value some expediency, since taking too long could ruin everyone's faith in it.

On 23-3-2018 at 9:09 PM, Gremlich said:

Do any of you follow the Lore Makers Guides? CIG does a lot more than they let on. They are, in fact, fleshing out the SC universe all the time as part of their Dev process.

I do. It's great to hear about the lore of the star citizen universe. It is kind of frustrating though.. their lore is so good that I usually end up feeling sad I can't actually visit any of those places in the game... yet.

• 2 weeks later...

i installed the 3.1 patch and now the game crashes more often, and if that aint enough, when i restart the game and want my ship delivered

i have to pay a fee for it, so how rediclious is that? I'm getting punished for their mistakes, so is there a email adress where i can complain

about this? This is like buying a new car and when it breaks down, i have to pay for the repairs during the warranty period.

So are they complete insane or what? As long they don't fix the game and all the crashes that comes with it, then they should

turn off that fee bullshit! 

11 hours ago, dirty harry said:

i installed the 3.1 patch and now the game crashes more often, and if that aint enough, when i restart the game and want my ship delivered

i have to pay a fee for it, so how rediclious is that? I'm getting punished for their mistakes, so is there a email adress where i can complain

about this? This is like buying a new car and when it breaks down, i have to pay for the repairs during the warranty period.

So are they complete insane or what? As long they don't fix the game and all the crashes that comes with it, then they should

turn off that fee bullshit! 

This is an issue that is being worked on this week. The community manager(s) said as much.
The idea behind the system is to stop people abusing the ships, crashing them and then quickly respawn and repeat.

The problem right now though is like you said, when the game itself crashes it counts that as you losing your ship and therefore makes you make a ensurance claim. Also, the expedite fees are proportionally way too high, compared to the amount of money you can make ingame.

For instance, I own a Reclaimer and when I tried to land it somewhere, the game crashed. I claimed and expedited a few times due to multiple game crashes untill SURPRISE, inhad run out of credits, leaving me 8 hours of waiting for my reclaimer to become available again.

I tried going out there to make some coin using my Freelancer, only for the game to crash again and again.
Now I was out of cargo ships... giving me about an hour untill the freelancer would become available.

I tried doing a combat/relay mission with an aurora... but was promptly shot in the head by someone when I EVAed over.

When I respawned I suddenly had a criminal status and my ship had been blown up. I managed to find someone to help me to get to Kareah, only for some RPers to “warn” us Kareah was on lockdown and immediately blew us up. After some negotiations we were allowed to land to wipe my record. It didn’t work. I clicked the console about 15 times but I guess it’s broken. So I’m still a criminal now. A poor one without ships.

2 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

This is an issue that is being worked on this week. The community manager(s) said as much. The idea behind the system is to stop people abusing the ships, crashing them and then quickly respawn and repeat. The problem right now though is like you said, when the game itself crashes it counts that as you losing your ship and therefore makes you make a ensurance claim. Also, the expedite fees are proportionally way too high, compared to the amount of money you can make ingame. For instance, i own a Reclaimer and when I tried to land it somewhere, the game crashed. I claimed and expedited a few times due to multiple game crashes untill SURPRISE, inhad run out of credits, leaving me 8 hours of waiting. I tried going out there to make some coin using my Freelancer, only for the game to crash again and again. Now I was out of cargo ships. I tried doing a combat/relay mission with an aurora, the only ship left... but was promptly shot in the head by someone when I EVAed over. When I respawned I suddenly had a criminal status and my ship had been blown up. I managed to find someone to help me to get to Kareah, only for some RPers to “warn” us Kareah was on lockdown and immediately blew us up. After some negotiations we were allowed to land to wipe my record. It didn’t work. I clicked the console about 15 times but I guess it’s broken. So I’m still a criminal now. A poor one without ships.

so i should stay away for a week when i don't want to run out of credits, because the game just crashed on me again,

and i'm not going to pay a heap of credits  for not having to stand in line for the waiting game again.

Instead of improvement the game is getting worse, because since 3.1 i never could quit the game myself,

because it crashes ALL the time. So instead of coming up with unimportant crap like personalisation of your character,

they should fix this damn lag and crash problems! "yeah but you can pick a mohawk haircut or green eyes now, so that's an improvement

and an enrichment for this game" is what they must be thinking. Well how about NOT?

It's up to you to decide if you want to keep playing or wait for the patch. I decided for myself I'd just casually log in now and then.
The credits you are spending are just aUEC so there's no need to worry about losing actual UEC.

If the patch this week fixes both the insurance costs, adresses the amount of money you can make in the verse and fixes some critical crash issues.. things should be more balanced. We'll have to wait and see.

CIG has said they are aware of the problems and are working on it. Again, this is a ALPHA version of the game and crashes and bugs are to be expected. If you don't want to deal with crashes at all, which i can understand because it pisses me off as well, you might want to come back later. Check in now and thento see how performance is or maybe wait for 3.2 in a couple of months (at the end of June) when they supposedly will be implementing Network Bind Culling, which should potentially do so much performance. Also, 3.2 is packed with awesome stuff such as mining and salvage. Perhaps it's just worth it to wait.

2 hours ago, dirty harry said:

so i should stay away for a week when i don't want to run out of credits, because the game just crashed on me again,

and i'm not going to pay a heap of credits  for not having to stand in line for the waiting game again.

Instead of improvement the game is getting worse, because since 3.1 i never could quit the game myself,

because it crashes ALL the time. So instead of coming up with unimportant crap like personalisation of your character,

they should fix this damn lag and crash problems! "yeah but you can pick a mohawk haircut or green eyes now, so that's an improvement

and an enrichment for this game" is what they must be thinking. Well how about NOT?

One day, you may come to the realisation that each major update is not necessarily going to fix all the problems of the previous patch, but are, in fact, intended to be a delivery system for adding new content (however superfluous). And yes, these features added in new patches may even introduce game breaking bugs prior to optimisation but are necessary for the game to be developed. 

I agree with others that 3.1 could have used a little more time on the PTU before release, but remember, we are playing testing this game at a stage where most AAA titles would not even be publicly announced. Of all the intended features in the final game, we have currently 10-20% at best? There is a looong way to go yet. I just hope CIG doesn't succumb to pressure and actually does things right rather than on time.

In short, you may want to stay away for a little longer than a week if you want to be able to play the game crash-free. Otherwise, support development by play-testing the game, expecting to crash every 5 minutes (never risking more than you can afford to lose) and report those bugs/crashes!