Game Day, February 24th

Sir_Belial

GAME-NIGHT-ANNOUNCEMENT-17.png

Welcome back @Imperium Member 's to another Game Day!

We're here again for some more fun at the end of the month! Check the details below on how to join in!

Previous Game Day:

We would like to thank everyone who attended last Game Day! We had lots of fun!
Special thanks goes out to @XLB and @Space-Moose who make a special effort to be present and provide flight training for anyone who wants to practice. It’s not everyday you get to train with the best!

For those of you who don’t know these pilots are already offering something similar outside of Game Day as well, so if you can’t make it for the one on Game Day, or just want to train a little more please check out this link where you can get more information regarding flight training:

Also, congratulations go out to @hertztech@Angelfish@GRIZZ@Steel_Blade_XCR who won gift cards for their participation in the 4 different game-day events. Winner's have until the next scheduled Game Day to accept their gift card otherwise we may send them to future winners.

Standard Game Day Details

Joining Game Day

For those of you that want to make a return visit, or show up for the first time, you only need to enter the Landing Channel on TeamSpeak (ts.starcitizenbase.com), and one of our Hosts will direct you to the action!

If you decide to take part in on the fun, please consider recording any events you take part in. We like to turn collected footage into fun promotional videos for our Website or YouTube channel!

FPS Training [February 24th]

Keep an eye out for @Bloppo this Game day, as he'll be working in conjunction with Academy to help those interested with the basics for FPS and methods to improve your game! If you have dreams of being in the top 10 on the leader-boards, be sure to meet up with him on Saturday!

Raffles and Prizes

As every other Game Day, we’ll be offering raffle prizes based on individual participation levels! Raffles will be based on individual activities during Game Day, so here is the list of raffles you can enter:

Participation Raffle - by checking in with a host in the Landing Channel, you can be entered
Arena Commander Raffle - by attempting any mode within Arena Commander, completing it, and providing a screenshot, you will be entered
Host Created event Raffle - by taking part in a Host Created event, completing it, and providing a screenshot, you will be entered
Custom Events Raffle - by taking part in an official Custom Event run, you will be entered into this final raffle
All the raffle prizes will be $10 RSI gift cards (Additional prizes may be provided, and will be announced at the start of Game Day)

Newbie Info

If you’re brand new to Star Citizen, we recommend getting in touch with us on Teamspeak or, checking this link out:

Well, well, well, @SwitchOnTwitch, if you want to levy a formal complaint then this just became a very serious matter indeed. I will say, though, as the accused party in this spectacle, I maintain every right to defend myself. Unfortunately for you, however, you've challenged me in my own post, and now you'll need to support your complaint in our very first instance of:

Moderation Court

Alright, let's get this started. This looks like an open and shut case, but we have to go through the motions anyway. *Bangs gavel*

Okay, so the prosecution has stated that the Defendant has violated rule 14 of the SCB forums. They've also handily provided a link to the actual rule itself, so let's take a look here:

1. 14. Formatting: For the sake of maintaining the clarity of our forums, when posting content that is copied from another outlet or source, we ask, that it be formatted in a presentable and professional manner. This means when you create a post, you must remove the old formatting from the previous source it has been copied from and re-present it when pasted here.
    1. Additionally, when creating a post, we ask that it have more content than just a link. For example, you could provide your thoughts on the linked information or a brief summary of whats found in the link.

That seems pretty clear-cut to me, but what does the Defense have to say about their non-compliance with this rule?

Your Honor, the Defendant would like point out that the wording for Rule 14 indicates that it entirely in reference to the re-posting of content from another site, and as to avoid any formatting issues, the re-poster must take the time to format the posted content into a readable manner, devoid of it's original formatting. There is really no other way to read this rule other than the method I the Defendant have just described, and since this post is not sourced from another site, this rule is non-applicable. Therefore, this complaint is entirely lacking in logic or reason, and seems to only maintain a singular purpose: to slander the Defendant.

Whoa there, I won't be having any additional counter-charges added on to this case. I do see reason in your initial counter-statement, though. However, the Prosecution still has three points that haven't been addressed. Would the Defendant like to continue?

Yes, I would like to address the rest of their supporting points in due order:

1. While bullet points are "cool", numerical lists are far superior, as represented by the list of rules the Prosecution linked to in their initial complaint.
  2. While orange text means moderation, gold text is the standard for a flat-out beat down in Moderation Court, and by no means a "troll" comment.
  3. I'll fuk'n wreck you m8

Your Honor, the Defense rests.

Alright, I think I've seen enough. This case started out as a complaint for a rule violation, but turned into a straight murder in my courtroom. Prosecution, I've been convinced that this complaint should've been dismissed in it's entirety, and by allowing it to progress this far in court, I've only allowed you to be embarrassed in front of your peers. I will allow closing statements from the Defendant, and then we will end with your sentencing.

Thank you, Your Honor. In closing: o0ABF36.gif

Brutal. Now to end this continued embarrassment of the Prosecution, we will bypass the judgement from the Jury, and immediately sentence you to death, so that you will never need to face whatever friends you have left after receiving this level of humiliation. Court dismissed! *Bangs gavel*

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 3:47 PM, Sir_Belial said:

GAME-NIGHT-ANNOUNCEMENT-17.png

Welcome back @Imperium Member 's to another Game Day!

We're here again for some more fun at the end of the month! Check the details below on how to join in!

Previous Game Day:

We would like to thank everyone who attended last Game Day! We had lots of fun!
Special thanks goes out to @XLB and @Space-Moose who make a special effort to be present and provide flight training for anyone who wants to practice. It’s not everyday you get to train with the best!

For those of you who don’t know these pilots are already offering something similar outside of Game Day as well, so if you can’t make it for the one on Game Day, or just want to train a little more please check out this link where you can get more information regarding flight training:

Also, congratulations go out to @hertztech@Angelfish@GRIZZ@Steel_Blade_XCR who won gift cards for their participation in the 4 different game-day events. Winner's have until the next scheduled Game Day to accept their gift card otherwise we may send them to future winners.

Standard Game Day Details

Joining Game Day

For those of you that want to make a return visit, or show up for the first time, you only need to enter the Landing Channel on TeamSpeak (ts.starcitizenbase.com), and one of our Hosts will direct you to the action!

If you decide to take part in on the fun, please consider recording any events you take part in. We like to turn collected footage into fun promotional videos for our Website or YouTube channel!

FPS Training [February 24th]

Keep an eye out for @Bloppo this Game day, as he'll be working in conjunction with Academy to help those interested with the basics for FPS and methods to improve your game! If you have dreams of being in the top 10 on the leader-boards, be sure to meet up with him on Saturday!

Raffles and Prizes

As every other Game Day, we’ll be offering raffle prizes based on individual participation levels! Raffles will be based on individual activities during Game Day, so here is the list of raffles you can enter:

Participation Raffle - by checking in with a host in the Landing Channel, you can be entered
Arena Commander Raffle - by attempting any mode within Arena Commander, completing it, and providing a screenshot, you will be entered
Host Created event Raffle - by taking part in a Host Created event, completing it, and providing a screenshot, you will be entered
Custom Events Raffle - by taking part in an official Custom Event run, you will be entered into this final raffle
All the raffle prizes will be $10 RSI gift cards (Additional prizes may be provided, and will be announced at the start of Game Day)

Thanks for the info!