How to make $ for star citizen?

Admiral Max

A thing to consider. The average age of the Star Citizen backer is relatively higher than that of your average Steam or console gamer. While there are no absolutes, this tends to lead towards said backers having more "disposable income" than their console gaming counterparts. 

Myself as an example. I have already threaded through the trenches of minimum wage work. Focused on a career path. Bought and remodeled a home. Paid off all the debt from my youth...ect.

While I'm not saying anyone here is of this mindset, younger people tend to forget that it takes considerable time and hard work for most people to get to the point where money isn't that great of a concern. Once at the point, it is much less of a strain to funnel money into a hobby. Some people buy boats, build cars, hire prostitutes or do drugs. I personally build computers and buy virtual space ships in an effort to try to make sure this game gets completed and is successful.

2 hours ago, Juntau said:

While I'm not saying anyone here is of this mindset, younger people tend to forget that it takes considerable time and hard work for most people to get to the point where money isn't that great of a concern. Once at the point, it is much less of a strain to funnel money into a hobby. Some people buy boats, build cars, hire prostitutes or do drugs. I personally build computers and buy virtual space ships in an effort to try to make sure this game gets completed and is successful.

whaaaa HOOO.....    its always fun to test hop one of those Hobbies its only money,  new computers are a given, space ships rule..... were supportive mofos....

5 hours ago, KKillroyV2 said:

I'm not advocating any member of imperium take up any form of prostitution for money to spend on virtual ships

But Anniversary sales are tempting. .

so the  chainmail binki set fit..................

I served my country for 20 years and have a small pension from that. Now, I'm in another job earning triple what I was earning in the military, but it took me another 20 years to reach this point. Also, paying off all debt save a car (0% finance), house (done in another 5 years) and utilities (meh) permits me to do what I want with my disposable income. This even after putting one of my kids through school out of pocket and helping another. That was painful. But, you do what you got to do. Don't waste your money and think about purchases before you make them (do I really need this?). Also, invest. If you're 18 years old and can put away $2,000/annum into a Roth IRA until you're 30, do so. By the time you're 60, that investment will have grown quite a bit and you won't depend on the Lottery as your Retirement plan.

Just now, Pam Demonium said:

After Nam, I partied away the next 25 years just glad to be alive. Now Im old and broke, yet happy as a clam at high tide.

Buying the starter package, going to upgrade to a 315p, then save my in game money for a DUR, and Ill fly it the rest of my days.

DUR would be a great starter ship if I was on a budget.

Org masters need to be able to recruit those that have the specialties that are needed for multi-crew birds.

My passion is exploration. The main reason I will have to ween myself off of Elite D.

But to be viable for multi-crew, I'm either the scanner tech, or have to be a miner also, to get a seat on a bigger mining org.

I so love mining also. The transition from single seat mining scow, to multi-crew is going to be a huge step, and qualified butts for those seats will be in demand.

Crew will be in high demand so don't worry too much on not owning large multi crew ships yourself.
Speaking for myself, i will be looking for a dedicated salvage crew to join me on my Reclaimer and perhaps a co-pilot for exploration in my Freelancer DUR :D

See this is what Im talking about, I'm just settling down to the idea of being solo in me 315p, and there are offers like this floating about.

I know it can be done. I spent 15 years in a WWII fighter squadron. We met every Wednesday night for practice. Friday night was whom ever showed, and Saturday night was practiced multi-crew at its finest.

Even in EvE, our corp was a hand picked bunch of rif-raf that did incredible things, and there were only 12 of us.(10 of us were adults that had known each other for decades, and the other two were kids, of two players) When I worked nights, I'd open hidden mining plots during the afternoon , A few hours later, the gang would reap what I had found.

A unit of 10-15 dedicated crew members, and two ships can get a heck of a lot done.

Dont matter if its two mining ships, combat ships, or exploration ships.

A Sign above the officer's mess in Bristol England cira 1942: FLY ALONE, DIE ALONE

• 4 months later...

honestly, when the game launches, i'm more looking to provide security for those big multi-crew ships. You know when the big orgs want to make a huge delivery run, salvage operation, or mining op, (anything large scale really where alot of currency will be on the line), they are gonna want to have a few security in fighters to cover their butts. Have a hornet wildfire, which IMO is one of the best single seater ships, and it looks awesome :) would def like a super hornet tho. and i really want to gimbal all the weapons on the wildfire too.