Gremlich

another alternative for a typical throttle or keypad

On 2/11/2018 at 10:49 AM, Pam Demonium said:

and Im still running a $30 joystick

Me, too, the Logi Extreme 3D Pro with both the M$ Strategic Commander and the Razer Orb Weaver Chroma for the left hand (depending on what I'm doing)

3 hours ago, Donut said:

Debating picking up this for the left hand flight

even fewer buttons that the keypads like the Orbweaver. I used a Nostromo n52 for years to play MW games with no issues.  The Orbweaver has a d-pad and loads of buttons.

3 hours ago, Donut said:

I still can't do the Orbweaver for some reason, it just doesn't have enough keys for the FPS portion of SC. Debating picking up this for the left hand flight and just using the M+K for everything else

http://a.co/0c0SsPn

41eMf4rEkaL.jpg

I have this, even the smaller version, just the 6dof knob, can replace a flight stick, I have a warthog and pedals also :)

I'm not sue why you are only considering it for left hand functionality.  The Expanse uses something like this for flight.

19 minutes ago, Gremlich said:

even fewer buttons that the keypads like the Orbweaver. I used a Nostromo n52 for years to play MW games with no issues.  The Orbweaver has a d-pad and loads of buttons.

I don't need a lot of buttons for flight, the thought system fixes most of this and using a keyboard is just fine. 

16 minutes ago, Irres said:

I have this, even the smaller version, just the 6dof knob, can replace a flight stick, I have a warthog and pedals also :)

I'm not sue why you are only considering it for left hand functionality.  The Expanse uses something like this for flight.

I still want to fly with a throttle and joystick from VKB so it would strictly be for left handed flying. Of course I could get the version where it's just the joystick but having the buttons helps sometimes when I don't want to reach up to the keyboard. 

Rough mock up lol

Volair Cockpit setup.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Drum
      I have gone through several changes on my HOTAS over the past day.
      Finally, I just printed a dozen blanks to make it easier to keep track of things until I stop moving things around and am happy with the setup.
      I had previously made PRINTABLE defaults from the manual, but they are already obsolete, so no hope there.

I imagine that as the modules are released we will be expanding on what we can do with these controls. This may assist you in keeping track of any changes you or CIG make in the future.

So here are some Printable Blanks that you can fill in and use for reference as you set up your XML control files. - DRUM out
      EDIT Sept 9,2016: Cheat Sheets added at:
      https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/9923-printable-blanks-for-hotas-and-other-controllers/?do=findComment&comment=338668

Here are the Default FPS Keys in a printer friendly format. (May 11,2015) - Dec 12,2015 near end of PAGE 2

Blank Keypad Controller

Blank Joystick

Blank Warthog Hotas

NEW Detailed WARTHOG (thanks @typicalmale) 4-18-2015

Blank X52 Hotas

Blank X55 Hotas

Blank X55 Thruster ONLY
      ADDED G940 7/3/2014:
      Blank G940

NEW SCU 2.0 Flight Keyboard (Dec 12,2015)

ROLL YOUR OWN KEYBOARD - Total Blank for those heavy modified key binds...

• By Gremlich
      The Microsoft Strategic Commander

The control compared to my normally hyperspace tuned control on my orbweaver is startling.
      I use the thing for strafing and there is even some left/right turn that I'm gonna try to set for strafe up/down. Coupled with my JS and voice attack, I'm having much less frustration with flying. If the strafe up/down idea pans out, the hatswitch on the JS will be used for speed selection (V) and some other things.
      I now have 2 of these. One in the box, even. Not sure how much abuse it'll take, though.
    • By Switch
      Awhile back someone posted about this on Reddit, it looks great for a second stick. It's a 3DF stick and I've heard of a 6DF but still this is the type of second stick I've been looking for but does have a high price tag at around $250 US dollars, it has a few buttons on the ball on the top which is a big plus from others I've seen. Adds to the list of "need to get before SC release" list. lol
      UPDATE: Heard this brand is discontinued, fun thought.
      Buy Noviant Falcon Controller Reddit link (Pictures) Amazon reviews  

• By 64BitSystem
      Hey guys,
      I ended building my own controller for Star Citizen that I wanted to share.
      Enjoy,
    • By Chimaera
      Looks like we're going to get a Saitek-made controller. Wonder if it'll be worth it?

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/08/04/757593/10144478/en/Mad-Catz-R-Teams-Up-With-Cloud-Imperium-R-Games-to-Create-Dedicated-Saitek-R-Branded-Star-Citizen-R-Hardware.html