My suggestions would be to run the PC on stock settings, removing CPU OC, and re-test the 960 EVO. Unstable OCs make PCs do weird stuff.

Check M2 SSD temp. on HWinfo64, might be throttling if it's overheating but I doubt it.

Reinstall everything and re-test.

If all else fails just RMA the drive.

4 hours ago, Brightmist said:

My suggestions would be to run the PC on stock settings, removing CPU OC, and re-test the 960 EVO. Unstable OCs make PCs do weird stuff.

Check M2 SSD temp. on HWinfo64, might be throttling if it's overheating but I doubt it.

While the last suggestion sucks, I agree. It does not make much sense however, that it tests good in the SM Suite but performs like shit in actual use. 

Are there multiple M.2 sockets on the board?

On 2/4/2018 at 12:19 PM, Gremlich said:

did you look in the BIOS for anything related?

found this for starters:

and this

Yes tried all of these.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:00 PM, Juntau said:

I would first start with updating the bios on the board, most manufacturers have made this a painless process. 99% of motherboards shipped are revision 1.0 and in turn have the first bios version written for that board. If you search the manufacturer website I bet you find there have been several newer revisions made for your board. 

Also, give this a look. http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/960evo/  Did you install the drivers from this site?

According to the forum post linked above, the board supports m.2 PCI, which the 960 evo is, so that's likely not the issue.

Yes installed all of the drivers.

On 2/5/2018 at 3:44 PM, Gremlich said:

Yes disabled all of these.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:06 PM, Brightmist said:

No temperature issues, and tried all kinds of configs, even returned to stock with no change in drive performance.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:47 PM, Juntau said:

While the last suggestion sucks, I agree. It does not make much sense however, that it tests good in the SM Suite but performs like shit in actual use. 

Are there multiple M.2 sockets on the board?

Nope just one, and it's in the #1 slot that doesn't share bandwidth anything else.

Maybe I'll just have to RMA at this point I guess.

Do another check in BIOS and monitoring software to see if everything's set up correctly, like PCI-E 3.0 x4 speed for M2_1 slot and an alternative benchmark like CrystalDiskMark. Magician's pretty meh.

Try M2_2 port too to check if MOBO is defective too.

If everything fails, just RMA I guess.