Danakar Endeel

My new Star Citizen gaming PC is here!

My 2 cents:

Put the rad on top, set it up as exhaust

Put 2 more decent static pressure, 140mm intake fans infront (I'd suggest Thermalright TY-147A or B or BeQuiet Silent Wings 1600 RPM ones. There are also decent Phanteks ones but I don't remember the model number off the top of my head right now. Don't buy 140mm Noctuas as intakes, their propellers make whining noise when they're mounted as pull/intake since they're slightly offset from middle)

Redo the the back exhaust fan as intake and add a magnetic filter

Remove unused back PCI-E covers

Temps should go down considerably

Happy gaming :)

3 hours ago, Brightmist said:

My 2 cents:

Put the rad on top, set it up as exhaust

Put 2 more decent static pressure, 140mm intake fans infront (I'd suggest Thermalright TY-147A or B or BeQuiet Silent Wings 1600 RPM ones. There are also decent Phanteks ones but I don't remember the model number off the top of my head right now. Don't buy 140mm Noctuas as intakes, their propellers make whining noise when they're mounted as pull/intake since they're slightly offset from middle)

Redo the the back exhaust fan as intake and add a magnetic filter

Remove unused back PCI-E covers

Temps should go down considerably

Happy gaming :)

Unfortunately for me that won't work as there's not enough room in the top for a radiator due to the size of the case. As you can see in the picture I could just barely fit it with just 2 fans in the front. :P 

Thanks for the advice though. ;)

@Danakar Endeel On mobile so can't quote, but did you say that you had a 1080p monitor?

With a rig like this, please please please upgrade to 1440p! Sticking with 1080p is like waiting 12 years for Star Citizen only to play it on mobile. What's the point?

6 hours ago, Gallitin said:

Ah nice, how about the fps?  Do you notice any slow down with your setup or flawless?

Just checked my fps again with the 'r_displayinfo 3' setting and it seems my counter on the monitor wasn't working properly. With the Star Citizen counter I only got 72+ fps in my hangar atm. So that kinda sucked. It still felt very fluid but it wasn't the solid 144fps that I was hoping for. :P

1 minute ago, wfja said:

@Danakar Endeel On mobile so can't quote, but did you say that you had a 1080p monitor?

With a rig like this, please please please upgrade to 1440p! Sticking with 1080p is like waiting 12 years for Star Citizen only to play it on mobile. What's the point?

Yep, but my monitor is more like a temporary thing as I want to play with a VR headset once SC+SQ42 come out. :)

46 minutes ago, wfja said:

Haha not that bad, I’m the opposite, I have 4K but the rest of my hardware is the issue :) 

I've decided to go another route, doing budget until the actual release of the game(s). Some prices are placeholder in case newer versions of these products come out or decide to wait until RAM prices come down. The main waiting game will probably be to get a ~$500 Volta GPU. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bLHKPs

PCPP.png

17 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Unfortunately for me that won't work as there's not enough room in the top for a radiator due to the size of the case. As you can see in the picture I could just barely fit it with just 2 fans in the front. :P 

Thanks for the advice though. ;)

Well, I expected the case to support 280mm rads on top, it seems it doesn't, only supports up to 240mm.

Having rad in front isn't ideal for cooling since warm air coming off the rad will feed into GPU fans.

I did remember cheaper and decent Phanteks 140mm fan's model number, It's PH-140MP in case you're interested (should also have a black/white version).

Still, do remove those unused back PCI-E covers, it should help exhausting heated GPU air out of the case.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Weehamster
      LAST EDIT: 12/Jan/2018
      Hi everyone /
      I mainly have ships/vehicles that are either from lore, concept, development or being re-worked, and I constantly add more to the albums.
      NOTE: I've started to keep/restore the albums for ships that are now flyable as I've had a few requests for them. 
      Aopoa (Xi'An) | "Capital" | Khartu-Al | Nox: Nox - (Skins) | "Oracle" | "Transport" | Volper |
      Aegis | Avenger (Re-work): Renegade - Stalker - Titan - Warlock | Eclipse | Gladius: Gladius - 'Valiant' | Hammerhead | Idris | Javelin | Reclaimer | Redeemer
                | Retaliator: Retaliator - (Modules) | Sabre: 'Comet' - Raven - Sabre | Vanguard (Variants): Harbinger - HopLite - Sentinel - Warden |
      Anvil | A4A 'Hurricane' | Carrack | Crucible | F7: F7A 'Hornet' Mk II - F7C 'Hornet' - F7C 'Wildfire' - F7C-M 'Super Hornet' - F7C-R 'Tracker' - F7C-S 'Ghost' |
               | F8 'Lightning' | Pisces | T8 'Gladiator' | U4A-3 'Terrapin' | U9A-1 'Hawk' |
      Argo Astronautics | MPUV-1C | MPUV-1P |
      BIRC (Banu) | Defender | Merchantman |
      Consolidated Outland | Mustang (Re-Work) | Pioneer |
      Crusader | Genesis: Starliner |
      Drake | Buccaneer | Caterpillar: Caterpillar - (Skins) | Cutlass: Black - Blue - Red | Dragonfly: Dragonfly - (Skins) | Herald |
      Esperia | "Blade" | "Glave" | "Prowler" |
      Kruger | P-52 Merlin | P-72 Archimedes |
      MISC | Endeavor | Freelancer (Variants): DUR - Freelancer - MAX - MIS | Hull: A - B - C - D - E | Prospector |
                | Razor | Reliant (Variants): Kore - Mako - Sen - Tana | Starfarer: Gemini - Starfarer |
      Origin | 300: 300i - 315p - 325a - 350r | 600i: Explorer - Touring | 85x | 890 Jump  | M50 | X1 (Variants): Force - Velocity - X1 |
      RSI | Aurora (Variants): CL - ES - LN - LX - MR - (Skins) | Bengal | Constellation:  Andromeda - Aquila - Phoenix - Taurus |
             | Lynx | Orion | Pegasus | Polaris | Ursa | Zeus |
      RSI/Aegis | Retribution |
      Tumbril | Cyclone | Nova |
      Vanduul | "Cleaver" | "Driller" | "Harvester" | "Hunter" | "Kingship" | "Mauler" | "Scythe" | "Stinger" | "Void" |
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ship Components | Coolers | Fuel Tanks & Intakes | Gun's | Missiles / Torpedoes |
                                     | Power-Plants | Quantum & Jump Drives | Radars | Shield Generators |
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      Characters | Banu | Human | Tevarin | Vanduul | Xi'An | Wildlife |
      First Person Components | Armor, Uniforms & Clothing | mobiGlas | Tools / Equipment | Weapons |
      Places  |  Environments | Shubin | Star Systems Concepts | Terra | Truck-stop / Space Stations |
      Stanton | 1 (Hurston) | 1a (Ariel) | 1b (Aberdeen) | 1c (Magoa) | 1d (Ita) |
                    | 2 (Crusader) | 2a (Celin) | 2b (Daymar) | 2c (Yela) |
                    | AB (Arron Halo) | * (Delamar) |
                    | 3 (ArcCorp) | 3a (Lyria) | 3b (Wala) |
                    | 4 (Microtech) | 4a (Calliope) | 4b (Clio) | 4c (Euterpe) |        
      Other | Drones / Probes | Land Claiming | Logos | Posters/Ads | Racing | Sataball | Other Vanduul Art | UI |
    • By Gallitin
      Great watch and explains/answers a lot of questions.
      Is Star Citizen 3.0 Server Capped - "Why I get playable frames... and others don't" - #nobullshit

• By Gallitin
      Nice gallery of Star Citizen 3.0 in game screenshots from Berdu.

• By Rhaazor
      Hello fellow citizens!
      I'm looking for people who play Star Citizen usually around 16:00 UTC and 4:00 UTC so we can create a small group to play with.
      So if you do play around those times and it doesn't have to be Star Citizen all the time, please contact me so we can start playing!
      Thank you and Happy New Year!
    • By Narayan
      I made a small fan-trailer with the scenes from Vertical Slice of Squadron 42.
      A lot of useful information is not there (the dialogs and story was left removed), but this trailer can to raise the interest of newcomers, anyway.
      Enjoy watching and Merry Christmas!
      P.S. If you liked it, support me in:
      Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit