Tumbril - Nova "Tonk" Tank

GRIZZ

The sale page is locked away from me but here is what we know... Newsletter discussing sale

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16342-Tumbril-Goes-Nova

Sale Page Screen Capture

"The Tumbril Nova is a fully comprehensive battle tank, capable of engaging targets on both the ground and the air.  Initially designed during the Second Tevarin War, the Nova battle tank has been a staple of ground warfare operations ever since."

The image file name tells us it is a "HeavyTank"

TMBL_HeavyTank_ShotE_PJ02-Squashed.jpg

Package Contents:

Tumbril - Nova Tank

Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Skin

Lifetime Insurance

SelfLand Hangar

Tumbril Nova Tank UEE Army Model

Tumbril Nova Tank UEE Army Box

Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Model

Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Box

Tumbril Nova Tank Poster

concierge sale atm

TUMBRIL NOVA TANK LTI- Standalone Ship for 105 dollar

there is also a warbond on the tank and packs

CONTAINS

• Tumbril - Nova Tank
  • Lifetime Insurance
  • SelfLand Hangar
  • Tumbril Nova Tank UEE Army Model
  • Tumbril Nova Tank UEE Army Box
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Poster

GROUND VEHICLE PACK LTI VIP at 320 dollar

CONTAINS

• Drake Dragonfly Yellowjacket
  • Drake Dragonfly Poster
  • Takuetsu Dragonfly Model
  • Nox
  • Nox Poster
  • Takuetsu Nox Model
  • Origin X1
  • Origin X1 Scarlet Skin
  • Origin X1 Poster
  • Origin X1 Model
  • RSI Ursa Rover
  • Tumbril Cyclone
  • Limited Dust Devil Skin
  • Tumbril Cyclone Poster
  • Takuetsu Cyclone Model
  • Tumbril - Nova Tank
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Skin
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Snowblind Skin
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Model
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Box
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Snowblind Model
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Snowblind Box
  • Revel & York Hangar
  • Lifetime Insurance

DELUXE GROUND VEHICLE PACK LTI VIP- at 725 dollar

CONTAINS

• Drake Dragonfly Black
  • Drake Dragonfly Yellowjacket
  • Drake Dragonfly Poster
  • Takuetsu Dragonfly Model
  • Nox
  • Nox Kue
  • Nox Poster
  • Takuetsu Nox Model
  • Origin X1
  • Origin X1 Scarlet Skin
  • Origin X1 - VELOCITY
  • Origin X1 Scarlet Skin
  • Origin X1 - FORCE
  • Origin X1 Scarlet Skin
  • Origin X1 Poster
  • Origin X1 Model
  • RSI Ursa Rover
  • Tumbril Cyclone
  • Tumbril Cyclone-TR
  • Tumbril Cyclone RC
  • Tumbril Cyclone RN
  • Tumbril Cyclone AA
  • Tumbril Cyclone Poster
  • Takuetsu Cyclone Model
  • Tumbril - Nova Tank
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Skin
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Snowblind Skin
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Model
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Badland Box
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Snowblind Model
  • Tumbril Nova Tank Snowblind Box
  • Revel & York Hangar
  • Lifetime Insurance

2 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Clearly he doesn't understand the message. Also the Yellowjacket/nox/x-1 are space bikes not ground vehicle. 

I was more referring to how the Yellowjacket skin was supposed to be limited to the concept sale so it's not logical they are reselling this item.

Back to the tank, think the Argo can hoist it?

The tank looks cool but I'm going to have to wait and see what the dimensions are. At first glance it looks larger than an Ursa so ships able to transport it may be an issue.

I wouldn't mind landing my Hammerhead near a combat zone and deploy one of these things but I fear it's too large to fit on the pad. :P

Price is a pretty steep though for just a ground vehicle.

1 minute ago, Danakar Endeel said:

The tank looks cool but I'm going to have to wait and see what the dimensions are. At first glance it looks larger than an Ursa so ships able to transport it may be an issue.

I wouldn't mind landing my Hammerhead near a combat zone and deploy one of these things but I fear it's too large to fit on the pad. :P

Yeah I bet a Jac can carry a squad around, maybe the Polaris can fit one, but what is this is for is large group land battles.... I'm fine going that way but wth I'm not going to be surprised if they sell submarines after.

I am a big tank sim fan, but that money is too high for me.  It will have to really rock the FAQ for me to melt one of my few babies for it.
Yeah tanks are cool and all...and im very happy CIG is adding more of a variety of ground vehicals so eventually we can have a battlefield encounter in fps but 105 is a bit steep...
now they need to provide the ship that can transport it!!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

While I'm a bit excited, I'm not sure how I feel about Tumbril being the company.

When I read "initially designed during the Second Tevarin War" and "has been a staple of ground warfare operations ever since," I envision something from Aegis. Maybe something resembling a Merkava Mk IV and offering similar troop carrying capabilities.

4 hours ago, Gallitin said:

Hmm...this one doesn't excite me for some reason...

Didn't excite me either, til I realized I could melt 2 of the combo packs of vehicles that I have and grab the $320 pack, and basically have enough credit left over to do a CCU to something interesting.

Am I missing something...? :huh:

Is there any info about the Tumbril Nova Tank, or more pics that I'm not seeing?

No? Just that one wide shot? Okayyyyy...

WTF!?! What kind of lame ass tank design is this? It's so angular and simplistic. It reminds of Tron or Battlezone, and NOT in a good way! I understand that it's supposed to be a futuristic tank, so it's not as big and bulky as conventional or historical tanks. But the Nova doesn't look futuristic, it looks retro-lame. In contrast, the Tumbril Cyclone looked awesome. It nailed the look of a futuristic jeep. Whereas the Nova Tank looks like some hack slapped it together yesterday, and now CIG is trying to sell it to make some quick cash.

Needless to say, this is a PASS for me. I wasn't interested in owning a tank to begin with, but the Nova Tank is awful. It's also way overpriced. (TBF all the vehicles have been over-priced, which is why the only vehicle I own is a Dragonfly that came with my Carrack-Terrapin Exploration Package.)

Am I missing something...? :huh:
Is there any info about the Tumbril Nova Tank, or more pics that I'm not seeing?
No? Just that one wide shot? Okayyyyy...
WTF!?! What kind of lame ass tank design is this? It's so angular and simplistic. It reminds of Tron or Battlezone, and NOT in a good way! I understand that it's supposed to be a futuristic tank, so it's not as big and bulky as conventional or historical tanks. But the Nova doesn't look futuristic, it looks retro-lame. In contrast, the Tumbril Cyclone looked awesome. It nailed the look of a futuristic jeep. Whereas the Nova Tank looks like some hack slapped it together yesterday, and now CIG is trying to sell it to make some quick cash.
Needless to say, this is a PASS for me. I wasn't interested in owning a tank to begin with, but the Nova Tank is awful. It's also way overpriced. (TBF all the vehicles have been over-priced, which is why the only vehicle I own is a Dragonfly that came with my Carrack-Terrapin Exploration Package.)
No... Seriously@Reavern tell us what you really think!!!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

One extra sucky thing they did, and it’s worse because it’s concierge pre sale, is lock the 3rd skin, the probably nicest one snow/white skin behind only the 295/320 pack... after buying all previous concept vehicle sales, what a big F U to me and others that we bought the previous package, and now I’m penalized for having funded them before .

Huh?

A special for me as concierge, and having bought ALL of them, is giving me and others the possibility of owning all 3 skins for past efforts

No way I’m buying a 320 pack to get a 3 skin version, unless I burn all my packages ? What the hell is this ? Extraordinary lame imo

Oh, and overpriced ...

finally, it does not look very futuristic, Not at all like those rail gun prototypes on deviantart and other sites...

very disappointed in them...

J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

a tank... in a spaceship era game... logic be gone! Well was it ever there to begin with?

I'm not against it, guess some will enjoy, it by I can't figure out the logic.

Do I want to pilot a slower moving, less maneuverable tank that's limited by geography and stuck to the ground OR fly around in my ship 20 feet off the ground destroying everything?

4 hours ago, Reavern said:

WTF!?! What kind of lame ass tank design is this? It's so angular and simplistic. It reminds of Tron or Battlezone, and NOT in a good way! I understand that it's supposed to be a futuristic tank, so it's not as big and bulky as conventional or historical tanks. But the Nova doesn't look futuristic, it looks retro-lame.

That's the way tanks are going. Angular, planar surfaces designed to deflect incoming rounds from the front with little consideration to the side armor .You see that kind of design in newer tanks such as:

T-14 Aramata

Spoiler

VDayRehearsal05052016-28.jpg

CIO Ariete

Spoiler

Ariete.jpg

VT-5

Spoiler

vt5.jpg

Stradisvagn 122

Spoiler

1200px-Strv122_3_cropped.jpg

Merkava Mk IV

Spoiler

merkava-iv-25.jpg

OBRUM PL-01

Spoiler

Czo%C5%82g_lekki_PL-01_(02).jpg

1 hour ago, Gallitin said:

Do I want to pilot a slower moving, less maneuverable tank that's limited by geography and stuck to the ground OR fly around in my ship 20 feet off the ground destroying everything?

As an MBT driving hundreds of miles to fight conventional ground battles, it's probably not going to fulfill the role well. As a force multiplier for infantry though, I can see this being extremely useful, especially when perched atop a hill where it can pick the enemy off at range.

1 hour ago, Fleischwolf said:

I might be melting my off-road vehicle pack for one of these based on what we hear in the next few days. It probably won't be too hard to earn an URSA or Cyclone in game.

I am curious to find out how much of a threat this will be to aircraft. 

Considering the size of the railgun on the turret, if this thing is anywhere near the size of the Ursa then it must pack enough of a punch to be a scary proposition to even approach. It could potentially have a coaxial repeater or machinegun we can't see in this image. Also, there look to be 4 pods on the back that are angled up like on the Cyclone AA.

5a3b5f1778e87_novaaa.thumb.jpg.72182f3a3338d2b03012c549611ba981.jpg

Also, considering they are selling a pack with all the Nova goodies, plus a Yellowjacket, X-1 (token), Nox (also token), Cyclone and Ursa with LTI, melting some things down to get this seems alright.

Stargate BFG 9000 concept and the actual finished sizing. Same applies to the freelancer and her two main weapons. Concept is just concept. They are just drawn as they feel.

Also note: You can't CCU a vehicle with a ship. There is nothing higher to CCU with.