GeraldEvans

Download Black Flag for free all this week!

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Knight said:

I'm tempted, does anyone play the game is it good?

I've never played any assassins creed games before

I really liked it when I had it for Xbox.  Never got to finish before so now I do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nevermore
      Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping the 60 fps standard <<full article

Assassin's Creed dev thinks industry is dropping 60 fps standard

After it was announced that Assassin's Creed Unity would run on  both Consoles at a resolution of 900p at 30FPS, Ubisoft was bombarded by complaints  regarding the relative power of either console and why this "Next Gen" game cannot run at the same resolution as the previous iteration of Assassins Creed did, which ran at 1080p 30FPS on the PS4.
      Now Ubisoft are trying to put a positive spin on these visual downgrades, saying to TechRadar that the decision to limit the game to 60 FPS was partially to give the game more of a "cinematic" feel. Assassin's Creed Unity's World Level Designer, Nicolas Guérin, had this to say.

At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird.

"And in other games it's the same - like the Rachet and Clank series [where it was dropped]. So I think collectively in the video game industry we're dropping that standard because it's hard to achieve, it's twice as hard as 30fps, and its not really that great in terms of rendering quality of the picture and the image."

"30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum."

"It's like when people start asking about resolution. Is it the number of the quality of the pixels that you want? If the game looks gorgeous, who cares about the number?"
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think we need CR to do his famous quote here XD