Stim here, putting new applicant seamed redundant...

Stimula

Hello all, just dropped an app. Have been following star citizen for some time now waiting for 3.0 to drop (and growing old in the process). This seamed like a good time to try and jump in with a decent group of players and official forums seamed to point in this direction. My background in digital crack addiction includes most big name MMO's, League, and World of Tanks (where I frequented top 10 rosters). Ive kinda given all of that up for something more expansive and persistent, which led me to Star Citizen. I pledged the $10 monthly subscription, and after several beer's ended up saying F*** it and dropped the 100 or so dollars on something larger than the jinky starter packs (the Freelancer to be more on point).

On a more personal note, I am a full time student at the University of South Florida. I'm majoring in computer science, and have a growing back ground in many object oriented programming languages. I spent over a decade in the U.S. Army, deploying on and off to Afghanistan and Iraq several times... which is paying for all of my schooling. I spend most of my time now working on school stuff and farting around in the verse and in other games waiting for 3.0 to grow out of PTU. I play games for the social interaction, with the MMO's it was guilds, in tanks in was clans, and here im hoping that communities like yours make the social aspect of playing this game more enriching than what ive come to know from major MMO titles. I mean crewing a capitol ship... you cant get much more social than that.

Hi @Stimula!

Welcome to SCB! You will settle right in, you should have a PM from me with more info! I you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me! If you want to get to know people quickly jump on Teamspeak there always people on for a chat or to play a game.

First off, I would like to thank you for your service and welcome you home. It is nice to hear that is paying off for you in the way of school finances.

Furthermore, welcome to the Base. Imperium has been a great place for me to call home and I hope you find it the same. Good luck and we'll see you out there.