xKiLlFrEnZyx

Finally got my Coffee Lake PC build and running!

So with the release of Intel's Optane drive... i had to grab one! (the raven may have been a large factor :P ) 

With full support only on 7th gen+, i had to upgrade my 4790k ... (you will be missed) 

Build - https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/xKiLlFrEnZyx/saved/629RGX

CPU - 8700k
Cooler - TT Floe Riing 360
Mobo - Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 5
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3600mhz
GPU - Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
PSU - 1200w Corsiar AXi series
Case - Thermaltake View 71 RGB
Storage - Intel Optane 280gb SSD
Samsung 850 pro's 512 in raid 0
Samsung 250 Evo 500
WD blue 2tb

Few pics :D

Gallery here -> https://imgur.com/a/UT9Df

EhM4Dxi.jpg

RGB is life... dont hate

U6hzk5T.jpg

onZgp8c.jpg

Had to add my own custom flair to it!

DnfAkRM.jpgfXjDrts.jpgJ3lHnZH.jpgmrVZtin.jpgP67mlEA.jpgUuKUD5a.jpg5OCXShl.jpg 

Carefully peel it!

eJvzV6s.jpg

jXadwTV.jpg

Final result

Still need to do some benchmarks and get the overclock setup.... but im proud of the build :D 

Will post results soon

Got some testing done and got a stable OC of 5ghz @ 1.35v and the gpu runs at around 2050mhz.... it could boost higher but its hot as hell in Aus right now and the AC can only do so much, so getting the max OC is gonna have to wait till winter :P 

Few 3D Mark scores
Fire Strike - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14381586
Time Spy - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/23846310

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WayneS
      I am set on the cpu and thanks to @Basard on his case post I pick his case. 
      I was wondering  If there anything I should change before the new cpu become available.
      I am not too worry about the monitor  since I will change it at a later date when I went with VR 
      PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7dMQm8
      Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7dMQm8/by_merchant/
      CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($399.89 @ B&H) 
      CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($79.39 @ OutletPC) 
      Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
      Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.88 @ OutletPC) 
      Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($169.00 @ Amazon) 
      Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card  ($774.87 @ OutletPC) 
      Case: Anidees - AI Crystal (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
      Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($133.98 @ Newegg) 
      Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
      Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($258.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
      Total: $2290.87
      Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts
      Sorry copy paste did not come out right. I will try to fix it tomorrow  when I am able to use my laptop 
    • By Caldon
      Several reviews of the upcoming Intel 8th gen CPU's have leaked, and they look like AMD needs to watch out.
      In the reviews (with synthetic benchmarks here) it looks like the 8700K manages to slightly outperform the vaunted 1800X at multicore.
      If this is true, the 8700K is an incredible CPU, as it actually manages to outperform a CPU with 25% more cores and a (presumed) +150 euro pricetag, depending on where you live. Not to mention that it manages to seriously outpace it in gaming. Could Intel have stolen the price/performance crown from AMD here?
      Lastly, the reviews state that the 8600K was overclocked to 5.1GHz. While this is great, the CPU got up to temps of 92 degrees C. Still. Perhaps Intel learned from their critics regarding TIM. October 5th will be an interesting day, guys.

• By Painmiester

Amazon
      ASUS  Rog strip gtx 1080ti 
      Founders edition  689.00
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Reg version  edition 759.99
      --
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      cant list it it a=was amazon  and if i paste it it will bring up my link  amazon to my account...
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING GeForce 11GB OC Edition VR Ready 5K HD Gaming HDMI DisplayPort DVI Overclocked PC GDDR5X Graphics Card

1708 MHz Boost Clock (OC Mode) featuring 11GB GDDR5X 352-bit memory, 3584 CUDA cores, and 11GB Frame Buffer
      ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting with additional 4-pin RGB header provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of ASUS Aura Sync enabled products
      MaxContact plus Auto-Extreme manufacturing technology delivers 2X more GPU to heatsink contact for increased cooling efficiency with premium quality aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II components
      Patented wing-blade 0dB fans with FanConnect II maximizes cooling performance using three axial fans to deliver 105% more air pressure and dual 4-pin headers for referencing chassis fans to GPU temperatures.
      GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring Game Booster and a free 1-year premium license of XSplit Gamecaster
      Supports the latest DirectX™ 12 and GeForce gaming features while delivering a maximum resolution of 7680 x 4320 for the ultimate 5K gaming experience
      5K Gaming and VR Ready with 2x HDMI 2.0, 2x DisplayPort 1.4, and 1x DVI port to simultaneously connect your VR headset and up to 4 monitors

OC VERSION 929.00
      $929 99 Prime In stock on June 22, 2017  
    • By Gremlich
      I've recently purchased a Corsair Carbide 540 and have been thinking about interior lighting. I found FrozenCPU.com where all kinds of interesting computer modding bits are to be found. They have interior lighting, both LED and CCFL, of several configurations, mostly linear. Some of them are USB powered and FrozenCPU even sells adapters to convert the mobo USB header to an external plug outlet

Gaming foot pedals?
      They even have case filter material
      The following is not mine, but someone's who has added interior lighting to the same case