Donut

skyrim Skyrim Reboot

With Skywind around the corner, figured it was time to finally pick up Skyrim again and get familiar. I decided to start with Skyrim Special Edition, and then go from there. Installed many mods, and it doesn't even feel like Skyrim anymore, which is refreshing. 

As of this morning, SKSE has been updated to the latest version HERE

So to share my experience, here's a list of mods I used and the tools to get them to work if anyone else wants to join in

▄ Installed Nexus Mod Manager (Highly recommend making an account, but not necessary)

▄ Install LOOT. This will easily organize the load order of all your mods and insure they work properly, takes two clicks and tells you any information you need regarding fixes or updates

Last but not least, here are the mods I'm using

https://imgur.com/a/t41UL

Feel free to ask any questions, I had to follow a couple videos just to make sure I knew what I was doing, but with NMM and LOOT, it was incredibly easy to do 

Does the special edition add anything?  I was looking at it the other day, I had the original installed and somehow I had the SE also on Steam.  I don't remember buying it but maybe a friend gifted it to me I forgot sincerely.  The purchase dates were 2 years apart, someone may have gifted it to me because they weren't using it.

So I went ahead and uninstalled the original to install SE, yeah yeah I'll probably have to start over , but Skyrim was probably my favorite game ever.

Also will my old setup from Nexus MM work with the reinstall if I just point it to the new directory?

17 minutes ago, Irres said:

Does the special edition add anything?

All the DLC, a few very graphical tweaks and insignificant bugfixes. Anyone who had the PC version automatically got it at release.

Special Edition was more of a significant release on consoles because official mod support was included. PC players never saw a difference.

9 hours ago, Irres said:

Does the special edition add anything?  I was looking at it the other day, I had the original installed and somehow I had the SE also on Steam.  I don't remember buying it but maybe a friend gifted it to me I forgot sincerely.  The purchase dates were 2 years apart, someone may have gifted it to me because they weren't using it.

So I went ahead and uninstalled the original to install SE, yeah yeah I'll probably have to start over , but Skyrim was probably my favorite game ever.

Also will my old setup from Nexus MM work with the reinstall if I just point it to the new directory?

Skyrim Special Edition is 64bit encoded, allowing a lot more moods and things you can do with mods. It's really nice not being limited by the source code. There are already mods in the list that weren't around when the original was around.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Th3 Warm0ng3r
      So I was watching the live stream of the solar system development and I saw something that blew my mind and it really opened up the full size of the game. Don't misunderstand me, I knew it was big, I have been avidly involved since 2013 and I heard what they were saying, but when they mentioned some pictures showing the size of playable areas compared to a single crater on one of Star Citizens smallest moons being released in 3.0.... well lets just say I am not only in complete shock. So I figured I would share the pictures. As amazing as this is there are some things that I now see that need to be adjusted to the current state of the game. Tell me what everyone else thinks.
      In the end though this is one moon of a possible many orbiting one planet that is literally billions of miles from the star, as we are supposed to eventually have 100+ known systems this whole moon could literally be 1/100,000th and up (including playable space) of the total size of the game. And all but Daggerfall fit inside a single crater TOGETHER with plenty of room to spare between them. (Drop the mic)
      Star Citizen 3.0's smallest moon, compared to other popular games (added Fallout 3 and 4, fixed scale)

• By Tillion
      Lets get an updated thread of everyone's custom Rigs that they will be using and/are already using to play SC.  Please attach a hardware list and note any future upgrades you'll be making.  Probably try to limit to 2-4 pics per post to limit load time on smaller devices and tag your chipset (AMD or Intel) in the tagline.  Cant wait to see what you guys are running!  
      I've already posted this on my profile but I'll start anyway.
      ------
      So Far:
      CASE  --  Phanteks Enthoo Evolv PH-ES515E_GS Aluminum/Steel Galaxy Silver Window ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
      MoBo  --  MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING R6 SIEGE LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
      CPU  --  i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake 
      CPU COOLER --  DeepCool CPU Liquid Cooler CAPTAIN 240 WHITE
      PSU --  Corsair RMi Series RM850i 
      MONITOR  --  Samsung UHD 4k 28"

Next on list to buy:
      INTERNAL SSD/OS DRIVE  --  Samsung 950 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 
      DDR4 RAM  --  Corsair Vengeance White LED 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 
      VID CARD  --  MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 30TH ANNIVERSARY ED
      EXTRAS  -- Custom Sleeve Cables and some extenders, NZXT new lighting kit

• By Gabriel Theodoulos
      During the summer, I've pulled myself away from almost all games.  Being fully retired, and only 51 years old, I found myself burning way too much time on games, so I took time off and attempted to teach myself a programming language: PYTHON!  I figured, rather than totally and completely waste my time, I would try and better myself.  So, over the past several months, I've been learning how to code in Python 3.
      This raises a thought...
      Will Star Citizen allow us to code 3rd party programs for the game via APIs?
      I know in EVE Online and Elite Dangerous, there are many utilities for the game relating to the markets and trade.
      Has anyone heard lately if CIG will allow the same?

• By FoxChard
      Good Afternoon community!
      Just posting because today I found out about the upcoming release of Enderal, a non-monetised total conversion standalone mod for TES V: Skyrim.  It appears to be slightly delayed for its initial German release, we'll have to see how the English release goes at the end of this month.  
      So what is it?  
      Enderal is a total conversion for Skyrim that runs off its own launcher and file download.  It has new a new story and universe, new art assets, music, professional voice acting and full localization in German and English.  I'm not sure how they did all this, but the team has been going since before the Skyrim release and is just now wrapping up their work. It sounds highly ambitious and much awaited by the community, and I for one, am looking forward to it.
      Where can you find out more?
      http://sureai.net/

• By Revan67
      Hey guys, been away for a bit but wanted to clue you guys in on what I have been working on  I am currently working with the development team from the Sins mod Star Trek Armada 3, on a new project for Stellaris called Star Trek Infinities. We are very very early into development but wanted to share some links with you all
      https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/wip-star-trek-infinities.929730
      http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-infinities
      If any of you have played the Sin's mod you know the quality work these guys have done.