Skyrim Reboot

Donut

With Skywind around the corner, figured it was time to finally pick up Skyrim again and get familiar. I decided to start with Skyrim Special Edition, and then go from there. Installed many mods, and it doesn't even feel like Skyrim anymore, which is refreshing. 

As of this morning, SKSE has been updated to the latest version HERE

So to share my experience, here's a list of mods I used and the tools to get them to work if anyone else wants to join in

▄ Installed Nexus Mod Manager (Highly recommend making an account, but not necessary)

▄ Install LOOT. This will easily organize the load order of all your mods and insure they work properly, takes two clicks and tells you any information you need regarding fixes or updates

Last but not least, here are the mods I'm using

https://imgur.com/a/t41UL

Feel free to ask any questions, I had to follow a couple videos just to make sure I knew what I was doing, but with NMM and LOOT, it was incredibly easy to do 

Does the special edition add anything?  I was looking at it the other day, I had the original installed and somehow I had the SE also on Steam.  I don't remember buying it but maybe a friend gifted it to me I forgot sincerely.  The purchase dates were 2 years apart, someone may have gifted it to me because they weren't using it.

So I went ahead and uninstalled the original to install SE, yeah yeah I'll probably have to start over , but Skyrim was probably my favorite game ever.

Also will my old setup from Nexus MM work with the reinstall if I just point it to the new directory?

17 minutes ago, Irres said:

Does the special edition add anything?

All the DLC, a few very graphical tweaks and insignificant bugfixes. Anyone who had the PC version automatically got it at release.

Special Edition was more of a significant release on consoles because official mod support was included. PC players never saw a difference.

9 hours ago, Irres said:

Does the special edition add anything?  I was looking at it the other day, I had the original installed and somehow I had the SE also on Steam.  I don't remember buying it but maybe a friend gifted it to me I forgot sincerely.  The purchase dates were 2 years apart, someone may have gifted it to me because they weren't using it.

So I went ahead and uninstalled the original to install SE, yeah yeah I'll probably have to start over , but Skyrim was probably my favorite game ever.

Also will my old setup from Nexus MM work with the reinstall if I just point it to the new directory?

Skyrim Special Edition is 64bit encoded, allowing a lot more moods and things you can do with mods. It's really nice not being limited by the source code. There are already mods in the list that weren't around when the original was around.