Happy Hour - Drake Vulture, Drake Corsair, Drake Kraken

Danakar Endeel

During Happy Hour the devs were mainly just brainstorming ideas for a new Drake ship to add to the lineup. Viewers were allowed to vote on the 'name' of 2 potential ships as well as a Viewer's Choice third entry (and name). :)

The viewer's choice from today's live stream was the Drake Kraken 'Scout Carrier'.

To cap off our Anniversary Special this week, we gathered developers on Happy Hour to discuss options of the next Drake vehicle to enter the ship pipeline.

During the show, viewers helped narrow the choices down to three prospective options, as potential design aspects were discussed for each one.

Now, and through December 11th, we are opening the voting to all Star Citizen backers to decide which of these options will become a reality. Each ship represents a different aspect of Star Citizen’s gameplay, and while all would make fantastic additions to our universe, only one will be voted in by you, the members of our community.

If you’d like to know more about each ship option before voting, we recommend watching our Happy Hour Gamedev special that was aired live on Twitch and Youtube.

Thank you for helping make this another fantastic anniversary for our project.

-DL

Final vote is up on the RSI forums and can be found here:

>>  YOU Pick the Next Drake Ship  <<

A. ENTRY-LEVEL DRAKE SALVAGE SHIP (CODE NAME: VULTURE)

A one man salvage starter ship, no drones but plenty of on-board storage to help with EVA salvage operations (space for cutters, charges etc) and space in a separate area to store/process the recovered salvage. Mostly designed for the player to EVA out and do the salvage, rather than sit inside and do it with tractor beams/lasers. Small enough to sneak into hostile areas unnoticed to recover fresh salvage.

B. MULTI-CREW DRAKE EXPLORER (CODE NAME: CORSAIR)

Drake’s competitor to the Constellation, the rough and ready multi-crew explorer. Differs from the 600i by its crude basic construction and from the Constellation by its lower missile count, but with a third turret to make up for it. Able to transport a vehicle and cargo (think extended/up-scaled Cutlass rear area) faster and more nimble than the others, but like all Drake ships pretty paper thin.

C. DRAKE SCOUT CARRIER (CODE NAME: KRAKEN)

Drake’s capital ship entry, space to park and store a few medium ships (up to Freelancer-sized) and transport them around the verse. Serves as a mobile truck stop in function with a small hub of stores (some less than legit) to help restock.

While the community has seemingly supported n3 most extensively at this point (not surprising due to the widespread love of "pocket carriers"), I would strongly suggest going for either 1 or 2, since that class needs a lot more ships and there isn't much of a reason other than fun for number 3 to be present in game. 

#3 sounds like it could be fun, but definitely I don't trust CIG to make it work well with other capital ships what with the streak of Mary Sue ships they've been making this year. We don't need another cheap capital ship to outclass the Idris. Capital-sized ships don't fit the Drake brand either.

#2 is redundant at this point what with the number of exploration ships, large and small that exist already. We don't need another one at the moment.

#1 seems like the most viable option. Almost every category of ship save for repair and salvage have a capital-sized option and a smaller single person alternative. Something along the lines of a Prospector, but for salvage would be great to complement the Reclaimer and further expand T&I.

Salvaging starter seems to be the best choice, since it will allow low budget players to enter into salvaging

Kraken would be just a nice addon for concierge members 

Thus what CIG will do this time will be interesting to understand which kind of customer is the acutal target of future CIG funding initiatives

Would be nice if the Vulture had mag-lock clamps on its landing gear so it attach itself onto a vehicle. I would have also preferred if it had some cutting arm and small tractor beams on the ship itself instead of forcing the operator to go outside with a cutter and a sled.

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Would be nice if the Vulture had mag-lock clamps on its landing gear so it attach itself onto a vehicle. I would have also preferred if it had some cutting arm and small tractor beams on the ship itself instead of forcing the operator to go outside with a cutter and a sled.

I'd rather it be a scavenger that doesn't have the luxury of grinding up entire ships, and instead has lots of instruments and arms to strip derelicts of important parts. It'd complement the Reclaimer excellently.

Picture it: A salvage fleet comes in and the Vultures strip the important parts out and leave the Reclaimer to come in and grind up the wrecks.

Similar to how the Prospector fits in with the Orion.

It's not surprising that the entry-level Salvager, the least expensive of the three choices, is leading the poll. The majority of SC backers aren't whales. As Disco mentioned, 1 out of every 4 ships owned by backers is an Aurora. Most backers with Starter ships would choose the Vulture because they can afford to buy it or CCU their starter to it.

I was surprised that the Drake Scout Carrier was the second most popular. That's definitely a whale ship. If it can carry "a few", meaning 3, medium-size ships (i.e. Freelancers), that would make it at least as large as an Idris Frigate. The Kraken could easily cost over $1500 in a concept sale.

I chose the Corsair because my Constellation is my primary ship, but I'd prefer the utilitarian Drake aesthetic over RSI. If Drake combined its style rugged style with RSI's quality that would be the perfect ship for me. Unfortunately, the Starters are choosing the Vulture and the whales are choosing the Kraken, and few people are choosing the mid-level Corsair. Oh well:rolleyes:

I'm reassured that CIG will probably create all three ships, regardless of the poll results. CIG has created (or announced) every ship from the Stretch Goal Ship Polls from a few years ago. The Vulture, Corsair, and Kraken fulfill useful roles in SC, so they'll all be built. The poll will just decide the priority order of the 3 Drake ships. The Vulture will be the quickest and easiest to design, so it being the most popular choice work out well. The Kraken would be the most difficult and take the longest, so it's not going to appear any time soon. The Corsair will come along eventually.

50 minutes ago, Reavern said:

I was surprised that the Drake Scout Carrier was the second most popular. That's definitely a whale ship. If it can carry "a few", meaning 3, medium-size ships (i.e. Freelancers), that would make it at least as large as an Idris Frigate. The Kraken could easily cost over $1500 in a concept sale.

If they get creative with the design, I can see it working in something slightly larger than a Polaris. Something like a mobile truck stop that's a mix between a Polaris, Crucible, Merchantman and Starfarer without surpassing any of them. Not a "carrier" in a sense, more a ship tender. That'd be more in line with the Drake brand: industrial and utilitarian while being rickety and barebones. It'd be a good ship for any org while still catering to outlaws.

12 minutes ago, J. Coren said:

If they get creative with the design, I can see it working in something slightly larger than a Polaris. Something like a mobile truck stop that's a mix between a Polaris, Crucible, Merchantman and Starfarer without surpassing any of them. Not a "carrier" in a sense, more a ship tender. That'd be more in line with the Drake brand: industrial and utilitarian while being rickety and barebones. It'd be a good ship for any org while still catering to outlaws.

That sounds pointless to me and doesn't match what I think of as a "Scout Carrier".

Why would anyone want to own a mobile truck stop? Or want to use a mobile truck stop? That's like making Port Olisar or Cry Astro mobile. Whata great idea. Wouldn't it be fun if sometimes Port Olisar is orbiting Crusader, sometimes it's orbiting Delamar, and other times it's orbiting Yela. It's like playing 3 Card Monty, only with a space station. :rolleyes:

No, the Drake Scout Carrier should be like an Idris Frigate, but without all the weapons, because it's not a warship. At least it's not marketed as a warship. Since it's a Drake ship, presumably Pirates will use it as a pocket carrier. That's what it should.

I don't see the point of a mobile trade and supply depot, where ships can land to buy/sell goods and RRR their ships. A ship will never be as good as a space station for those roles. So what's the point?

It would make more sense if CIG allowed players to buy space stations and supply depots, like Port Olisar or Cry Astro, or build their own space stations. That should be possible. If the Pioneer will allow players to build outposts on planets, why can't players build space stations?

Regardless, I don't like the idea of the Drake Scout Carrier being a mobile space station. It should be a mobile ship carrier. If an Org wants a pocket carrier for carrying 3 Cutlasses, or several Buccaneers, or a couple dozen Dragonflies, the Kraken would serve that purpose.

3 minutes ago, Reavern said:

No, the Drake Scout Carrier should be like an Idris Frigate, but without all the weapons, because it's not a warship. At least it's not marketed as a warship. Since it's a Drake ship, presumably Pirates will use it as a pocket carrier. That's what it should.

Then you don't understand what the Drake brand is. Drake is the poor man's MISC, that just so happens to be favored by outlaws for reasons nobody can explain.

Having a "poor man's" brand suddenly come out with a frigate-sized scout carrier doesn't fit with the manufacturer or established lore. They're the Toyota of Star Citizen. Aside from the Buccaneer (because every brand has to have a fighter), Drake's sctick is that they make commercial ships for the working man that become favored among outlaws. If pirates are going to flock to a "pocket carrier". it's going to be a jerry-rigged industrial ship that somehow facilitates a lifestyle for vagabonds.

12 minutes ago, J. Coren said:

Then you don't understand what the Drake brand is. Drake is the poor man's MISC, that just so happens to be favored by outlaws for reasons nobody can explain.

Having a "poor man's" brand suddenly come out with a frigate-sized scout carrier doesn't fit with the manufacturer or established lore. They're the Toyota of Star Citizen. Aside from the Buccaneer (because every brand has to have a fighter), Drake's sctick is that they make commercial ships for the working man that become favored among outlaws. If pirates are going to flock to a "pocket carrier". it's going to be a jerry-rigged industrial ship that somehow facilitates a lifestyle for vagabonds.

Totally agree. But Toyota has looked the other way at those exploiting the second-hand market for their trucks as technicals. So I would include the buccaneer. For the Kraken, I would agree its marketed as a mobile "refit and repair" that might be able to mount a few turrets. I really believe CIG will make this simply because they are faced with a significant problem right now. They can't give NPC pirates idrises because that would break the lore. So, they instead give the pirates their version. It also gives them a way to make missions for all the OP large ships that they have been making this year (remember, emergent gameplay is just one feature for these ships).

13 hours ago, J. Coren said:

There are other uses for a pocket carrier than just Piracy. CIG has said that ferrying ships across the galaxy will be an important role. In RL there are vehicle haulers that deliver a dozen vehicles to dealerships, and ferries that transport people and their vehicles across water. In Star Citizen, every ship manufacturer is based on a particular planet in the UEE and there are ship dealerships everywhere. New ships have to get to those dealerships somehow and they're not going to be flown there one at a time. CIG has said that MISC Hull ships could haul ships, but those ships would have to be partially disassembled to be stored securely in large cargo containers. Therefore, a Hull E couldn't function as a modified ship carrier. The Drake Kraken could.

A commercial ship hauler makes sense. Whereas a mobile truck stop is stupid and pointless!

Lemme get this straight: Instead of building stationary truck stops conveniently on the sides of highways every 50-100 kilometres, like they do IRL, idiots think it's a better idea to make truck stops mobile, so they're never in the same place. How is that convenient? The mobile truck stop owner is going to waste fuel and time moving their ship around, looking for customers. And they're less likely to have repeat customers because the ship keeps moving and previous customers can't find it again.

It's such a DUMB IDEA! :rolleyes:

CIG is obviously trying to invent a legit purpose for the Drake Pirate Carrier.

59 minutes ago, Reavern said:

idiots

Thanks you, for making this personal.

You seem to be mixing up the definitions of "Carrier" and "Hauler". A Hauler just moves things. A Carrier on the other hand, is a ship designed to carry fighters, their flight crews, support staff and the materials to repair and resupply them. It's importance is less in its ability to move craft, and more in its ability to be a place to land and resupply, almost like a mobile truck stop for fighter craft. The usefulness of these ships has been proven for almost a century at this point, and there hasn't been anyone saying "well why not just make an island to land planes on".

In-game, making a truck stop station would mean devoting resources to a fixed location that isn't capable of going through jump points and can be very easily boarded. Making a capital-sized ship that serves the purpose of a truck stop while being able to move and defend itself would be something akin to a carrier without being a warship. It's a poor man's Idris designed to service the commercial sector.

You seem to be getting caught up in single words instead of looking what is being proposed: a ship that has landing pads, logistical areas and habitation. In every sense it is an aircraft carrier that can serve the functions of an Idris to a lesser degree, but is an industrial and commercial vessel not made for war. This is something befitting the Drake brand, a company that makes low-end commercial vessels that ignores the fact their ships are favored by outlaws. A ship like this would go over well with smaller orgs that can't afford larger cap ships and outlaw segments of the community without giving them a ship that can straight up go toe-to-toe with ships of the line like the Polaris or Idris.

1 hour ago, J. Coren said:

Thanks you, for making this personal.

You seem to be mixing up the definitions of "Carrier" and "Hauler". A Hauler just moves things. A Carrier on the other hand, is a ship designed to carry fighters, their flight crews, support staff and the materials to repair and resupply them. It's importance is less in its ability to move craft, and more in its ability to be a place to land and resupply, almost like a mobile truck stop for fighter craft. The usefulness of these ships has been proven for almost a century at this point, and there hasn't been anyone saying "well why not just make an island to land planes on".

In-game, making a truck stop station would mean devoting resources to a fixed location that isn't capable of going through jump points and can be very easily boarded. Making a capital-sized ship that serves the purpose of a truck stop while being able to move and defend itself would be something akin to a carrier without being a warship. It's a poor man's Idris designed to service the commercial sector.

You seem to be getting caught up in single words instead of looking what is being proposed: a ship that has landing pads, logistical areas and habitation. In every sense it is an aircraft carrier that can serve the functions of an Idris to a lesser degree, but is an industrial and commercial vessel not made for war. This is something befitting the Drake brand, a company that makes low-end commercial vessels that ignores the fact their ships are favored by outlaws. A ship like this would go over well with smaller orgs that can't afford larger cap ships and outlaw segments of the community without giving them a ship that can straight up go toe-to-toe with ships of the line like the Polaris or Idris.

The Drake Kraken is called a "Scout Carrier", not a mobile truck stop. A mobile truck stop is stupid and asinine. I'm fine with the Kraken being a Pirate Carrier -- just drop the paper-thin pretext of legitimacy and call a spade a spade. It's bullshit artists, like you, who disingenuously argue, "Drake isn't a Pirate ship manufacturer. They're a poor man's MISC and make inexpensive commercial and industrial ships... which Pirates just happen to like ;););)."

If the Drake Kraken is a Carrier, with landing pads, RRR equipment, and even habitation and stores, I have no problem with that. Fighter pilots can use the beds to log out and the stores to restock on items. The Kraken is still a Carrier.

But a mobile truck stop is idiotic, for the reasons I've already explained. Using a Kraken to roam around and offer its services to random players (and NPCs, I suppose) is pointless, un-profitable, and dangerous. If anything it'll be more vulnerable to being raided by Pirates than a space station or RRR depot, like Cry Astro, because its foolish captain/owner could blunder into Pirate territory or Lawless space, instead of buying/building a space station in the security of UEE space.

I liked the Kraken a lot more when it was simply a Scout Carrier. All this "mobile truck stop" bullshit is spoiling the ship's appeal.

1 minute ago, Reavern said:

The Drake Kraken is called a "Scout Carrier", not a mobile truck stop. A mobile truck stop is stupid and asinine. I'm fine with the Kraken being a Pirate Carrier -- just drop the paper-thin pretext of legitimacy and call a spade a spade. It's bullshit artists, like you, who disingenuously argue, "Drake isn't a Pirate ship manufacturer. They're a poor man's MISC and make inexpensive commercial and industrial ships... which Pirates just happen to like ;););)."

So by your logic, Toyota should make trucks with terrorist groups in mind? Should Royal Bank of Scotland publicly advertise their offerings as laundering schemes for the discerning crime boss? Should the company that makes mini rose vials advertise their product as crack pipes?

You seem to want the lore to transition into mirroring the meta. No company would want to deal with the legal and PR disaster associated with publicly admitting their brand is associated with crime. Drake Interplanetary doesn't make ships for outlaws, they make commercial ships outlaws might like and look the other way.

Aside from the Buccaneer (the poor man's Hornet), every one of Drake's ships are commercial or industrial vessels that happen to be favored by outlaws.

• The Caterpillar is a commercial cargo vessel, that happens to have accommodations for a lot of crew.
  • The Cutlass is a medium hauler that has multiple commercial-oriented variations, that also has a lot of guns and side doors.
  • The Dragonfly is the cheap alternative to other swoop bikes, that has a rear-facing back seat.
42 minutes ago, Reavern said:

If the Drake Kraken is a Carrier, with landing pads, RRR equipment, and even habitation and stores, I have no problem with that. Fighter pilots can use the beds to log out and the stores to restock on items. The Kraken is still a Carrier.

You somehow see the forest, but can't see the trees.

43 minutes ago, Reavern said:

But a mobile truck stop is idiotic, for the reasons I've already explained. Using a Kraken to roam around and offer its services to random players (and NPCs, I suppose) is pointless, un-profitable, and dangerous. If anything it'll be more vulnerable to being raided by Pirates than a space station or RRR depot, like Cry Astro, because its foolish captain/owner could blunder into Pirate territory or Lawless space, instead of buying/building a space station in the security of UEE space.

Same could be said of any vessel then, in which case every ship becomes pointless. "Don't take X out into nullsec, it's going to get raided by pirates".

You also fail to see the case something like a capital-sized tender has as a support vessel, period. Perhaps there is a mining org that can't afford to build a station, but can afford to have a mobile ship tender to act as a base of operations. Or perhaps you would like a ship that would extend that range of an expedition, or mining operation. A large ship tender would augment any commercial or industrial operation, just like how an Idris or Polaris would augment a military operation.

If we were talking about a Scout Carrier made by another manufacturer like Anvil, RSI or Aegis, then things would be far more clean cut because a precedent has been set that those companies produce ships that are designed for combat first and foremost. Drake Interplanetary doesn't make ships for war, so them suddenly unveiling a "Scout Carrier" does not make sense.

I totally see the place for a mobile truck stop, for just the reasons listed above.  (It's worth noting that Disco, et al described it as such in the video) I think it would be huge and stupidly costly from the perspective of my budget, but there is certainly a place for a movable base of operations.  Something like a four-set of pads at Olisar, plus fuel, repair, and habitation.

Now, my next issue would be something like that would almost need to be persistent or else it disappears and takes landed ships with it?  And if it must persist then (to me) it becomes totally unattractive from a gameplay perspective.  This turning into Day Z in space would be enough to end my involvement in Star Citizen.

I voted for option 3, the Kraken.

My reasoning? Because all of the Devs on the stream said they realized the need for a single person salvage ship. This means that there will be a single person salvage ship. It will come into the game sooner or later, probably sooner, regardless of this vote.  They know they need single player industry ships. We got the Prospector because it would proof the mining concept. I fully expect a single person salvager, a sp-fuel sponge, and maybe a single person repair. We already have single person exploration, science, medical (well, nearly), bounty, pirate, combat ships, etc. 

I didn't like the concept they pitched for the Vulture, to me it sounded way too vulnerable and not like something I would like to fly. I would rather decline on the vulture, which may cause the single person salvager to shift manufacturers to something like RSI or MISC (a change of which I would probably approve). I don't mind Drake, but I got a strong "nope" feeling as they discussed the Vulture.

2 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

I totally see the place for a mobile truck stop, for just the reasons listed above.  (It's worth noting that Disco, et al described it as such in the video) I think it would be huge and stupidly costly from the perspective of my budget, but there is certainly a place for a movable base of operations.  Something like a four-set of pads at Olisar, plus fuel, repair, and habitation.

Now, my next issue would be something like that would almost need to be persistent or else it disappears and takes landed ships with it?  And if it must persist then (to me) it becomes totally unattractive from a gameplay perspective.  This turning into Day Z in space would be enough to end my involvement in Star Citizen.

If it does end up being a ship tender though, something like the Kraken would require more minimum staff than an Idris because of all the functions the ship would need to serve. Since it'd be a commercial vessel, it'd have to service refueling, repair, storage, habitation, lite shopping, maybe even a restaurant or bar, every one off those requiring crew. That's not even counting the core crew members like maintenance, gunners or bridge staff.

Having more crew means you're more likely to spread out play times, meaning the ship will be operating during more hours of the day. From what we know of Persistence thus far, a ship will only disappear if EVERYONE aboard logs out. The solution to keeping a Kraken going in which case to have someone on at all hours of the day. It's a similar problem capital ships will face, just with more unique problems. It'll be a motherfucker of a real life logistics puzzle to keep running, but the reward to keeping a Kraken running 24/7 will be significant.

That's kind of my point.  If the owner of a Javelin logs off, the Javelin disappears after a few minutes, or at least that's what they've suggested. It can be captured or destroyed in the interim, but it stops persisting.  I have zero desire to spread my game time into defending a Kraken, a Bengal, and my outpost (which I don't intend to acquire) because that just doesn't sound like fun.  That sounds like work.

5 minutes ago, J. Coren said:

If it does end up being a ship tender though, something like the Kraken would require more minimum staff than an Idris because of all the functions the ship would need to serve. Since it'd be a commercial vessel, it'd have to service refueling, repair, storage, habitation, lite shopping, maybe even a restaurant or bar, every one off those requiring crew. That's not even counting the core crew members like maintenance, gunners or bridge staff.

Having more crew means you're more likely to spread out play times, meaning the ship will be operating during more hours of the day. From what we know of Persistence thus far, a ship will only disappear if EVERYONE aboard logs out. The solution to keeping a Kraken going in which case to have someone on at all hours of the day. It's a similar problem capital ships will face, just with more unique problems. It'll be a motherfucker of a real life logistics puzzle to keep running, but the reward to keeping a Kraken running 24/7 will be significant.

If it does have all that functionality, it will be a good pair to the Merchantman in terms of available game mechanics. 

To me (and probably to most of the people who voted for the "pocket carrier") its primary benefit is that of a car(ship) ferry, a cheap carrier (more spacecraft, less capital ship, perfect for pirates), and as a Q-Ship. I would not buy this for the shop gameplay and if I ever owned one of these, I'd literally never hire NPCs to crew those positions. You make your money working for whales (moving their multiple completionist packages to their bases) and for NPC ship manufacturers (delivering new ships to market).

At some point CIG will have to change how persistence works. Everything from ships to passive income and NPC structure. The way they have it thought out now won't work. The way I see it now, is that when the owner of a ship logs off, the crew will have a certain amount of time to either log off in beds or find a way off the ship. There can be mechanics in the way of passing down ownership all the way from owner to general worker, or even passing it off to an NPC for passive work/income. 

32 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

I have zero desire to spread my game time into defending a Kraken, a Bengal, and my outpost (which I don't intend to acquire) because that just doesn't sound like fun.

They're going to have to put some protections in place for ship owners and owners of outposts etc. Consider it a cooldown in a way, nobody can do anything or touch the object until the cooldown is over or the owner comes back. It could be anywhere between a few minutes or even a day+. Maybe they'll even let us use UEC to extend this cooldown, kind of like insurance protections. I highly doubted but at this rate, the combined mechanics aren't going to work in a persistent universe.

7 hours ago, J. Coren said:

So by your logic, Toyota should make trucks with terrorist groups in mind? Should Royal Bank of Scotland publicly advertise their offerings as laundering schemes for the discerning crime boss? Should the company that makes mini rose vials advertise their product as crack pipes?

You seem to want the lore to transition into mirroring the meta. No company would want to deal with the legal and PR disaster associated with publicly admitting their brand is associated with crime. Drake Interplanetary doesn't make ships for outlaws, they make commercial ships outlaws might like and look the other way.

Aside from the Buccaneer (the poor man's Hornet), every one of Drake's ships are commercial or industrial vessels that happen to be favored by outlaws.

• The Caterpillar is a commercial cargo vessel, that happens to have accommodations for a lot of crew.
  • The Cutlass is a medium hauler that has multiple commercial-oriented variations, that also has a lot of guns and side doors.
  • The Dragonfly is the cheap alternative to other swoop bikes, that has a rear-facing back seat.

If we were talking about a Scout Carrier made by another manufacturer like Anvil, RSI or Aegis, then things would be far more clean cut because a precedent has been set that those companies produce ships that are designed for combat first and foremost. Drake Interplanetary doesn't make ships for war, so them suddenly unveiling a "Scout Carrier" does not make sense.

Numerous car manufacturers make cars that can be modded for (illegal) street racing. Banks and credit cards have high fees and predatory lending practices. The pharmaceutical industry is responsible for the opioide crisis. NEXT. :rolleyes:

You're absurdly naive.

Your explanations for the legit purposes of the Caterpillar, Cutlass, and Dragonfly are all paroted from CIG. The difference is that CR, BL, and DL always give the camera a ;);) whenever they talk about Drake ships. Whereas you're either oblivious to their sense of humour or a bullshit artist yourself.

The Drake line-up of ships are intended to fulfill specific roles in a Pirate Org and complement each other. The Cutlass Black wasn't reworked and up-sized to make it a better commercial hauler, it was to make it a better raider.

You should really tell CIG that it doesn't make sense for Drake to produce a Scout Carrier, because in the ship poll it's literally called "DRAKE SCOUT CARRIER (CODE NAME: KRAKEN)" :P