Hammerhead - Corvette Anti-fighter

Devil Khan

32 minutes ago, Rhehaud180 said:

Either that or a turd is being polished. I kid I kid.

It's not proper till you meme it .....  except in the UK that SH** will get you jailed 😱 

images.jpg.1109af8ea205c1517a7e7234f464abfe.jpgimage.png.5967a0583a5869841b8658a9324e7c40.png

Funny as the hammerhead was designed by Space Nazi's ..... hmmmm Ship poster time XD  

The weakest *least* defended is could up from the front area if you were in line with the Hammerhead, but the pilot would have to be stupid and not move left/right and roll left/right really. The only thing is if you stay further away from them, but no point in using torpedoes as they would be mowed down at far range.

It's definitely glad I got it, even if she is slow, I think that working with a fleet she will deal heavy damage to fighters.  I think the devs must have had a brainfart moment when concepting her or they were high. Of course the max of 4 AI turrets and 2 remote to the command "bridge" although there is at least 1 area that could be a console for remote too. 

When I first say the promo vid, I said they must have accidentally put too many guns on the turret or the ship was glass cannon again. They were nice size shields and well armored for a ship of her size. 

I'm eager to see what happens when a fully crewed Hammerhead is attacked by stealth ships like the Hornet Ghost, Sabre Raven, and Eclipse.

I think that, even though the stealth mechanics aren't fully cooked yet, stealth ships will be very difficult for the Hammerhead to detect and the gunners will have to track them visually. I've done this in Arena Commander when dogfighting against a Hornet Ghost, so I know it's possible. However, a Ghost/Raven/Eclipse can fly circles around a Hammerhead and will be able to fly in and out of a turret's firing arc, so one particular gunner can't keep sight of it. That would make it a lot more difficult to track and shoot.

It might not even matter if it's possible for a Raven to sneak up close the fry the HH with its EMP. Then multiple Eclipses could hit it with torpedoes while its shields are down and turrets are offline.

I recall seeing a video of an Eclipse torpedoing a shielded Starfarer and it failed to destroy it after 3 consecutive torpedo strikes. The Starfarer's shields at least partially recharged in the time it took for the Eclipse to load the next torpedo, launch it, and impact the ship. The Hammerhead is presumably tougher than a Starfarer, so I expect it can tank single torpedo strikes if its shields are up. It'll probably take multiple Eclipses to breach the Hammerhead's shields and hit hull.

However, if the shields are taken down by an EMP, I think a single S9 torpedo could inflict severe damage to a HH. I recall in another Eclipse video, the Eclipse pilot was testing his torpedoes against a friend's Caterpillar. The Cat turned off its shields and the second torpedo destroyed the ship. I expect it would take at least 3 torpedoes to completely destroy an un-shielded HH.

I'm interested to find out. B)

It won't be possible for a while, but I'm most interested in testing if a Prowler can stealth approach a HH, deploy boarding units EVA, and if they can board and capture the HH. Unfortunately, the Prowler isn't even on the Roadmap so it'll be a while before it's flyable.

1 hour ago, Reavern said:

I'm eager to see what happens when a fully crewed Hammerhead is attacked by stealth ships like ...., Sabre Raven, ....

Speaking of the Raven - don't know if you saw my post on that thread but I just picked up one on EBAY (the code) for $65 - so you might want to check it out - quite the deal considering it is worth $200 + its a Package + a Hangar + a bit of UEC :)

The Raven or Warlock (but more so the Raven) will be a perfect ship........ then come in with a Sentinel...... and you then have a sitting Duck for a Hammerhead ;)

34 minutes ago, VoA said:

Speaking of the Raven - don't know if you saw my post on that thread but I just picked up one on EBAY (the code) for $65 - so you might want to check it out - quite the deal considering it is worth $200 + its a Package + a Hangar + a bit of UEC :)

The Raven or Warlock (but more so the Raven) will be a perfect ship........ then come in with a Sentinel...... and you then have a sitting Duck for a Hammerhead ;)

'Preciate the heads up, but I picked up a Raven back in June. That's why I'm eager to test out how effective it is against a HH.

Now I have to decide what to do with my Warlock, since it's redundant. I'm thinking about CCU-ing it to a Sentinel when it becomes available again.

I'm interested in what the Sentinel can do versus the Hammerhead. Unfortunately, CIG hasn't mentioned much about e-warfare and who knows if e-warfare gameplay will be introduced when the Sentinel becomes flyable?

BTW, what happened to the Harbinger and Sentinel? They used to be on the Roadmap, I recall under 3.2 or 3.3 -- I can't remember exactly. But the Ship Matrix says they're "Concept Complete" but not flyable. Where'd they go?

8 hours ago, Reavern said:

'Preciate the heads up, but I picked up a Raven back in June. That's why I'm eager to test out how effective it is against a HH.

Now I have to decide what to do with my Warlock, since it's redundant. I'm thinking about CCU-ing it to a Sentinel when it becomes available again.

I'm interested in what the Sentinel can do versus the Hammerhead. Unfortunately, CIG hasn't mentioned much about e-warfare and who knows if e-warfare gameplay will be introduced when the Sentinel becomes flyable?

BTW, what happened to the Harbinger and Sentinel? They used to be on the Roadmap, I recall under 3.2 or 3.3 -- I can't remember exactly. But the Ship Matrix says they're "Concept Complete" but not flyable. Where'd they go?

Good question - I have both the Harbinger and Sentinel - so looking forward to flying them.   I also have a Warlock but I am not sure if it is entirely redundant with a Raven (which is more suitable for stealth missions - not necessarily for flying into big battles - maybe like the Warlock is = which is more expendable if needed)

Hammerhead Captain's Quarters!

Hammerhead-CaptainsQuarters.jpg

...with a trophy case and display mount on the wall! 😍

And here I thought the captain's quarters for the Hammerhead would just be a copy-paste asset from the Reclaimer. So I'm pleasantly surprised... ;)

Also a shot from a hallway with a surprise guest...

Cloudimperiumgames_HammerheadInt_102018.

Found this over on Reddit. 

The first glimpse at the front airlock with spacesuits was pretty cool imo. Just like how the port and starboard airlocks on the Reclaimer also have spacesuits stored near them. Looks like there are at least 8 suits stored in the Hammerhead airlock. :)

Not quite, Aegis use ejection pods when seeking some nookie. The front just have suits because it is the main airlock afaik.

Also... How is there gravity (over 0.5 g) in space when it causes you to fall straight away (and actually doesn't cause the ship to fall (physics, who needs it! )

Loaded up my Hammerhead now that I was able to check it out in the PTU3.3.

First thing I noticed was that the turrets do not have S4 guns but S5 guns. Now 24 S5 guns sure sounds even more intimidating than 24 S4 guns (provided those measly 2xL powerplants can even keep up). And with those S5 guns you won't have pesky Vanguards just sitting outside your range pew-pewing you without any risk to themselves whatsoever (depending on what weapons you equip yourself ofcourse). 😄

CIG also changed the loadout page slightly it seems as individual turret entries are no longer there. All you have are the guns themselves. So unfortunately I wasn't able to test my theory if I could remove those twin-link 'pucks' and see if I could replace the 4 S5 guns with 2 S6 guns. Guess the turrets are all 'bespoke' now and the only 'customization' you have is swapping out the guns themselves. Ah well, no TWIN-S6 DECK GUN for me...

On another fun note, the Hammerhead is listed as a 'Corvette' too. So even though it doesn't have any Capital sized parts (yet?), CIG apparently considers the Hammerhead to be a corvette. 😎

ScreenShot0001.thumb.jpg.29e1e0ae3ce9245b69c296919af3aaae.jpg

The missile racks were 'downgraded' though and are no longer Marsden 683 racks. Instead each bay now has 2x Marsden 543 racks. So it can still carry the same number of S3 missiles per bay but you won't be able to swap those racks out for Marsden 616 in order to equip S6 torpedoes.

As the Marsden 616 and 625 would be a no-go now I bought me 8 Marsden 515 racks as well as 8 S5 torpedoes instead to see if I could equip those on my Hammerhead. Sure enough I was able to equip the Marsden 515 racks on my Hammerhead and put a S5 torpedo on each of them for a total of 8 S5 torpedoes.

The problem however is that they clip horribly so I'm afraid CIG will either nerf the hardpoints at some point or change them to 'bespoke' racks that can only have S3 missiles as I doubt they will make the bays on the actual model larger. 😞

ScreenShot0002.thumb.jpg.13bd64e5cc1233272d2efab7b7f65604.jpg

Just tested with Marsden 524 racks as well and those also have clipping issues. Not as pronounched but they still clip into the interior of the bay as well as with the other missile. So I'm guessing we'll get 'bespoke' racks at some point that only allow S3 missiles as that would be the easiest way out for CIG to 'fix' it. 😒

ScreenShot0004.thumb.jpg.dac66d561171cc983ab6f2388b19e484.jpg

Gotta say, I'm loving the interior design of the ship, everything from the tube-like doors to the cramped-but-spacious engineering area. Although I'll admit getting a little lost when I first boarded and didn't manage to take off before the despawn timer kicked in! I'll have more to say on this beauty of a Corvette later, after taking a little break from testing numerous builds of 3.3. :D