Wrathpole's 40k Tau Army

Wrathpole

Preface here, this is the first army I've painted in Seven years and the first time I'm going all out and in proper steps.

Going to Keep Updating this, maybe once a week as I make progress. Feel free to post your army if you have one.

Anyway, here's my Tau.

First snap taken after the fact that I started the helmets.

Stage 1: Spray - As you can see they have an undercoat of Corax White (White Spray), this helps paint stick and makes it less likely to chip/peel.

Stage 2 - Base - Starting with Castellan Green for the armor, XV-88(Brown) for the cloth, and Abandon Black for other sections.

8B0680D9-6D03-4828-A767-307CC20354DB.thumb.jpeg.3b81df87cad9033dcc40175641debacc.jpeg

Going to add photos to this as I go, but also apply the other stages to fill the post a bit.

Stage 3: Shade - Going to use Agrax Earthshade, this will bring out details in the model and dirty it a bit.

Stage 4: Layer - Going to apply paints over the the base and shade to highlight raised areas.

Further stages to come.

5 hours ago, KKillroyV2 said:

I approve, It's a shame you play as the flashlight headed space communist fish (This coming from an Eldar player).

It's a shame you missed the Markerlight firing squad Meta of Warhammer 40k

I also play Space Marines (Ultra), and by Markerlight Meta do you mean last edition? Then yeah, meant to join in but yeah started to look into it the last year then 8th dropped.