Star Citizen Anniversary Special

VoA

I am intrigued to find out what this ship is. 

I don't really have any plans to "purchase" another ship, but if a Hull C or D rolls around with a nice price, I may forfeit.  However, I do enjoy their videos for this annual period, and last year's approach was a good one.  This year's theme switching over to a new marketing setup has me interested in how they approach the week.

just to point out, the fan runs thru the chassie top and bottom. Also, the cockpit looks like it's one seater. From the wing size if it is a vanguard size the wings would be huge. doesn't have a bed on it. It is as simple as the picture is. 

Also, they do have two ships on concept sale at the same time around this time of the year.

Bigger ships like the Idris and Javelin were on sale for the Christmas sale. Anyway 3000 for a single unarmed ship, too steep.

8 minutes ago, Wrathpole said:

It's $2.5k isn't it?

Warbond cash was $2500, while using credit was $3000 during the last anniversary sale.

10 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Bigger ships like the Idris and Javelin were on sale for the Christmas sale

Link? They were available in the Anniversary sale, but not for Christmas if memory serves.

November 24th – Anvil Aerospace

November 25th – Aegis Dynamics

November 26th – Ground Vehicles and Alien Ships

November 27th – Origin Jumpworks

November 28th – Consolidated Outland

November 29th – Roberts Space Industries

November 30thMISC (Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern)

December 1st – Drake Interplanetary

December 2nd-4th – All Manufacturers On Sale

Note: although that 2nd-4th listed as all manufacturers, but didn't list all their ships ($1000+ price not to be expected) EG Polaris, Phoenix, Freelancer MIS etc

Since Anvil Aerospace is kicking off the Anniversary Special, that basically confirms the mystery ship is an Anvil ship. Not that was a point of contention, because it's obviously an Anvil ship.

On 11/15/2017 at 9:10 AM, VoA said:

Good theory crafting with this one. ...

Another great video by theNoobifier. It makes sense if the mystery ship is a light fighter, because Anvil doesn't have a light fighter in its line-up. However, it's not what I really want, especially if he's right that, being an Anvil fighter, it'll be heavier, tougher, slower, and less agile than the existing light fighters. That doesn't make much sense for the light fighter role. Wouldn't that mean it would be weaker versus other light fighters, because it's slower and less maneuverable. But it would be stronger versus medium fighters and larger ships because it's more agile than them and is more durable than other light fighters. If my speculation is accurate, those characteristics are not compelling reasons to melt or CCU my Gladius, Sabre, or Xi'An Scout. And I definitely don't intend to buy another light fighter.

That's why I'm hoping that I'm right about the mystery ship being larger than a starfighter, and fulfills a different role than combat.

theNoobifier also mentioned a theory that I had earlier, regarding the mystery ship's large wings, could mean that it's intended for atmospheric flight and combat. That would make it a little different, but also incredibly restrictive if it can't fly in space at all. I doubt CIG will go to that extreme, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give it a jump drive, only a quantum drive, and a very small Q-fuel tank. But again, I don't need an "atmo-fighter". Even if it was $50 or less, I wouldn't buy it -- and most backers would buy it primarily for a LTI token.

If the mystery ship is an inexpensive starfighter, there's no way that it's the only new concept ship being released for the Anniversary Special. CIG has to have something else up their sleeve. And I hope it's not just another batch of overpriced "special edition" ships, like last year. I hope there's something new and exciting, even if it's modules or component packs for existing ships. Like all the modules for the Caterpillar.

Another possibility is a collection of planetary surface items that are suited for Alpha 3.0. Perhaps a deployable mining rig that can be carried aboard a transport, like a Freelancer, as an alternative to a Prospector. Or a Mule wheeled drone that is controllable by the Mobi-glas, which carries an assortment of tools for salvaging, and can also haul the salvaged items back to a ship. Or a deployable Sentry gun turret for guarding your ship when you land on planets. I can see CIG selling stuff like that.

But I'm hoping for something special.

I've thinking of CCUing a Hull-D up for Hull-E for a while now. I have more than 1 Hull-D and Hull-C atm. Also depending on the stats and pricing I might get one of those "new" anvil ships.

Gotta say I seem to get addicted this time last year when I was getting the Polaris combo pack at CitizenCon, exotic pack on the Anniversary and the Armada pack at Christmas.

I either own or have buybacks for every ship that I want and has been released thus far, so I'm hoping for something new and exciting during the Anniversary Special. I hope CIG has more than just the Anvil mystery ship up their sleeve. Or the Lynx rover, as some have speculated. I want something cool. I wouldn't mind some "Special Edition" ships, like last year, except with worthwhile loadouts and not so overpriced. (WTF was with the $175 Hornet Wildfire!?! That's $65 more than the F7C!)

3 more days...

Hopefully we'll get a sneak peek Thursday night.

Yeah, that will ever happen. CIG business dept are down right evil or stupid. Hoping the New ship will cost less than 140 and be a light craft/fighter. I've found them mostly disappointing via price or size eg hurricane, defender etc.

CIG havw stated  that they were doing a line of ships and then do something else like civilan support role at present.

they won't be any sub pics on thurs as they haven't been for the past few concept sales. They have held them back until friday.

Welcome to the latest news from the Chairman's Club.

Our new website is almost ready and we look forward to sharing it with you and rolling out some of your perks. We're also two days away from the Anniversary Special, we are planning a concierge specific event, we have a new T-shirt design option for you to look at, and a fun sneak peek from Anvil Aerospace.  

Finally, Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 is getting closer to a PTU release. We would love for you to help with testing. If you're interested, keep an eye out for an email inviting you to join us. We are expecting to go to PTU before your next concierge newsletter on December 20th.  

On Behalf of the Board of Trustees, 
e5922361-1f6c-400c-b203-f672be31cceb.jpg
Information Director
Chairman's Club Headquarters
Central Core Bank
Earth, Sol Sytem
1f696db6-b1da-477a-bdcd-dc5b1351cfe2.jpg
Javelin_sneek_peek.png

Anniversary Special

We’re two days away from this year’s Anniversary Special and have a lot to celebrate, including eight straight days of Ship Shape highlighting some of your favorite ships, 20% off all merchandise, and a very special Happy Hour where you can help us decide on a Drake ship to add to Star Citizen. Also, be sure to take The Observer test for your chance to win a new concept ship from Anvil Aerospace -- the Hawk. All the rules will be on the website starting Friday. Those of you interested in picking up an Idris-P or Javelin, 50 of each will be available in the following time slots:  

Saturday — 12:30 PM PST, 6:30 PM PST
Sunday — 12:30 AM PST, 6:30 AM PST
4cb05643-d50e-4219-9c9f-bd5ef61531f8.jpg
Screenshot-2016-08-25-144259.png

Complimentary Perks

Last month we revealed that all Chairman’s Club members receive the perks of High Admiral. This includes special hangar flair and the Executive Edition of Klaus & Werner’s Arclight II Laser Pistol. This pistol will be accessible to you when Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 goes live. 
Concierge-Events-Large3.png

Concierge Event Poll Results

Thank you for helping us choose what kind of special event we’ll have next year for concierge. We tallied the votes and the winner was — intimate event at the LA office with tour. The event will be on Friday, May 4th, with a tour around the LA Studio. This will be followed by a sit down Q&A with Chris and key devs from the Star Citizen team in our commissary, fun activities, and a catered dinner. If you’re interested in attending, we will be providing further details on how to get your ticket in next month’s concierge newsletter on December 20th.  
Blackcard_small.jpg

Black Card Pop-Up Parties

Thanks to everyone who joined us last night. We look forward to having more of these events in the future. 

Potential T-Shirt Designs

In addition to the Xi’an T-shirt, we have one new design featuring the Drake Dragonfly. Once we’ve gathered a few options together, you can vote for the T-shirt you want to put into production. Here’s a look at what we have so far.

7YGnyc8.jpg

21 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:
Welcome to the latest news from the Chairman's Club.

Our new website is almost ready and we look forward to sharing it with you and rolling out some of your perks. We're also two days away from the Anniversary Special, we are planning a concierge specific event, we have a new T-shirt design option for you to look at, and a fun sneak peek from Anvil Aerospace.  

Finally, Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 is getting closer to a PTU release. We would love for you to help with testing. If you're interested, keep an eye out for an email inviting you to join us. We are expecting to go to PTU before your next concierge newsletter on December 20th.  

On Behalf of the Board of Trustees, 
Information Director
Chairman's Club Headquarters
Central Core Bank
Earth, Sol Sytem
Javelin_sneek_peek.png

Anniversary Special

We’re two days away from this year’s Anniversary Special and have a lot to celebrate, including eight straight days of Ship Shape highlighting some of your favorite ships, 20% off all merchandise, and a very special Happy Hour where you can help us decide on a Drake ship to add to Star Citizen. Also, be sure to take The Observer test for your chance to win a new concept ship from Anvil Aerospace -- the Hawk. All the rules will be on the website starting Friday. Those of you interested in picking up an Idris-P or Javelin, 50 of each will be available in the following time slots:  

Saturday — 12:30 PM PST, 6:30 PM PST
Sunday — 12:30 AM PST, 6:30 AM PST

Complimentary Perks

Last month we revealed that all Chairman’s Club members receive the perks of High Admiral. This includes special hangar flair and the Executive Edition of Klaus & Werner’s Arclight II Laser Pistol. This pistol will be accessible to you when Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 goes live. 
Concierge-Events-Large3.png

Concierge Event Poll Results

Thank you for helping us choose what kind of special event we’ll have next year for concierge. We tallied the votes and the winner was — intimate event at the LA office with tour. The event will be on Friday, May 4th, with a tour around the LA Studio. This will be followed by a sit down Q&A with Chris and key devs from the Star Citizen team in our commissary, fun activities, and a catered dinner. If you’re interested in attending, we will be providing further details on how to get your ticket in next month’s concierge newsletter on December 20th.  
Blackcard_small.jpg

Black Card Pop-Up Parties

Thanks to everyone who joined us last night. We look forward to having more of these events in the future. 

Potential T-Shirt Designs

In addition to the Xi’an T-shirt, we have one new design featuring the Drake Dragonfly. Once we’ve gathered a few options together, you can vote for the T-shirt you want to put into production. Here’s a look at what we have so far.

7YGnyc8.jpg

So, light fighter, 3 guns (2xS3+1xS2 or 3xS3 I'd say) with some weird disk pontoons, apparently very foldable..... maybe some sort of universal snub?

1 hour ago, Riley Egret said:

So, light fighter, 3 guns (2xS3+1xS2 or 3xS3 I'd say) with some weird disk pontoons, apparently very foldable..... maybe some sort of universal snub?

So, Anvil Hawk, eh? Pity. I much preferred the name Bastion. Maybe it is still yet to make an appearance...

Very bold of CIG to give a deadline for PTU. Let's hope the Minimum Viable Product will appease the masses!

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

They didn't give a deadline. He said they are *hoping*. and the next con email is on the 20th. You do realize that there isn't any "code name" that CIG public use, on a week before the sale.

A carefully worded email is quite different from something said in the heat of the moment (as in a presentation, for example). If they were *hoping* for a PTU release, they could and should have said so. The email quite clearly states that they *expect* to have released it by the time of the next email. The connotations are quite different. Todd Papy even inferred as much in the last ATV in pushing for the Minimum Viable Product I referred to.

I'm not sure what "code name" you are referring to, the name of the concept fighter is given as the Hawk in the email is it not?