Sign in to follow this  
Narayan

Star Citizen: Best moments of main presentation CitizenCon

Greetings, citizens!
I decided to do a traditional video from the last exhibition - CitizenCon 2947.
There will be no revelations in the video - all this can be seen in the presentation itself. I just decided, choosing, in my opinion, the right music, to do the editing with the best, in my opinion, moments from the main presentation of the exhibition.

For those who are too lazy to view the whole presentation, this option can be ideal - atmospheric and shortly about the best. And those who have already seen the exhibition, it will be nice to see all this beauty again. :)

Enjoy watching!

P.S. If you liked this video, do not be lazy to support it in:

As amazing as that cityscape was, it was kind of the least amazing thing for me. That procedural animation, the new glass shader, seeing fauna ingame for the first time, the subsumption for the NPCs, the new Xi'an artwork and models as well as the langauge progression.

Now there were a few things I did NOT like, such as the new Quantum travel look (Too much happening in the scene), the NOX jumping around as the guy was driving with it. But these are mostly non-issues that can easily change over time.

11 hours ago, Puls0nic said:

As amazing as that cityscape was, it was kind of the least amazing thing for me. That procedural animation, the new glass shader, seeing fauna ingame for the first time, the subsumption for the NPCs, the new Xi'an artwork and models as well as the langauge progression.

Now there were a few things I did NOT like, such as the new Quantum travel look (Too much happening in the scene), the NOX jumping around as the guy was driving with it. But these are mostly non-issues that can easily change over time.

It was obvious that the Nox still has issues and they're still tweaking it. Lets wait till 3.0 before we make a fuss about it. I own a Nox as well and I want that thing to be amazing. I'm sure that, after the Nox becomes flyable in 3.0 and enough people provide feedback, CIG will take a closer look at how the vehicle behaves.

Honestly the two things I loved the most from the entire CitizenCon was the procedural animations and detection of obstacles (where the character actually realistically walks across ramps, stairs and other obstacles) and just the technical achievement of the procedural cityscape.

I did think the new Quantum Travel effects are a little too flashy and they went a little overboard with the particles but it didn't bother me that much.

The fauna in the end looked a little too.. weird. It was obviously scripted and since the critters were flying, they were relatively easy to animate. With the new tech (the character obstacle detection thingymajig) I want to see fauna actually walk and move across surfaces while chasing you. I reckon this will really add to the realism of fauna.