Pioneer construction/colonizer ship [Official Thread]

Devil Khan

12 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

Don't forget the load lifter which match the silhouette as well. (just smaller)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qdeye

Yeah. It could be a larger version of that as well.

Or maybe the Pioneer comes with one stock and a smaller ship like that could be the one that's transporting outpost segments and constructing the actual outpost on the surface of a planet. :)

EDIT: Price was announced. $850 and in limited quantities

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices/545229

Pioneer-price.thumb.png.0eddd8b3f3079f3b581282047d68908b.png

After CIG said they didn't want to do those anymore we can get ready for another F5-spamfest again. <_<

In the past lots are gone in under a minute. The best thing you can do is get one in your cart with the credits ready for the first round. Leave that tab up, and in one next to it F5 for the second round. As soon as you see the second round has begun, submit the order on your cart.

1 hour ago, GeraldEvans said:

In the past lots are gone in under a minute. The best thing you can do is get one in your cart with the credits ready for the first round. Leave that tab up, and in one next to it F5 for the second round. As soon as you see the second round has begun, submit the order on your cart.

Didn't CIG do something at one point where that was no longer possible? Never bothered with these twitch-kiddy sales so I'm not sure. ;)

What I observed is that it might be best to wait until the last lots. Back in the day with the 890Jump (or was it the Phoenix?) the first lots were sold instantly, but the last ones stayed up for several days after the F5-monkeys all got their banana. So anyone that wanted one could just pick one up no biggy. :)

Also, I've seen that some individual units may suddenly reappear after a week if someone's creditcard doesn't take. At least I recall that's how some people got an Idris or Javelin a week after the sale ended by just checking back a week later.

Anyways, best of luck to anyone that wants one. It's a bit too rich for my blood and will probably just get a Pioneer ingame (provided it's actually interesting enough) :P 

9 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Yeah. It could be a larger version of that as well.

Or maybe the Pioneer comes with one stock and a smaller ship like that could be the one that's transporting outpost segments and constructing the actual outpost on the surface of a planet. :)

EDIT: Price was announced. $850 and in limited quantities

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices/545229

Pioneer-price.thumb.png.0eddd8b3f3079f3b581282047d68908b.png

After CIG said they didn't want to do those anymore we can get ready for another F5-spamfest again. <_<

Wow I was close enough.

I agree with Painmeister, this ship will benefit explorers more than military or trade.  I don't envy you because but its going to be one hell of a tough choice... for a ship that can build bases, you can get two Carracks mobile bases and still have enough left over for a 3rd explorer ship like the Freelancer DUR... maybe even an extra land vehicle as well.

Im aftaid i dont understand. Hit buy, one is in your cart
It asks you to confirm identity even while logged in
Hit pay with Stripe
Pop ip , some info, blah blah blah processing
Just for illustration sake, what step in that sequence you are talking about ?
Thx !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition, this price is completely batsh!! Crazy. Thats a cap ship price, and not equivalent to lets say, a 890J cap ship yacht ? I font understand [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For people trying to purchase with credits, it takes long enough to fill out the fields that you can miss checking out while there are still ships available.

I understand PayPal is the best as it holds the ship in the cart as yours, rather than a fluid quantity diminishing in the background.

That said, what I'm describing is two browser windows snapped to opposite sides of the screen. In the left one, you f5 until it says "buy now, N quantity available" on the ship screen. Select buy, add to cart, proceed to checkout, select address, payment method, etc. IF you still can, purchase it then. You can verify you can by having the ship sale page in the right window and f5 right before submitting the sale. If there are still ships available, you're good.

It has been suggested above that the next solution may not work any longer. If the right hand window showed none available, you could leave the left window alone at the final step, and continue F5ing the right window until it says ships available. At that point, submit the left.

I suppose that depends on if the ship is a base or if it drops bases. Let's say your starting point is nowhere you want to be. If you and your friends can bring a base with you moving everything closer to where you want to settle, that would be pretty good.
My hope is that this ship will actually assemble (automated) a base mod of your desire and then drop it like a chicken egg! Lol the visiual of a giant space chicken...anyways i digress...
Id also like this ship to be something like a reclaimer in that it can also pick up and dissassemble building mods to reuse the materials.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Well if it is a colony ship / to drop a settlement, that would be a big thing.

good probability of no offensive capability, some point defensive weapons.

But that brings to mind the capability of said ship and the pre  planning to build a defensible settlement.  beginning layout of base infrastructure be it a forward base, staging area, frontier outpost  and any thing  for our size  would need to be  25-100 fighter to med size ships ---------------20 large ,      5-10 cap size.

add in defenses and walls   base  will be costly{ just hope it does turn out like h1z1  every on dropping there own bases  looking like a slum shanty )

22 hours ago, Chimaera said:

I have wanted a ship of this type ever since the idea was put forward, but the $850 price tag? Without coupon code? Probably gonna have to skip.

Either that or my Polaris is going to need to go into the trash can.

If I were you, I'd keep the Polaris around early in-game would be useful in Imperium's fight for dominance of the Verse.  Maybe once the dust has settled from the early inevitable org wars, then you could switch to peace-time operations and buy (or capture?) a Pioneer.

22 hours ago, Chimaera said:

I have wanted a ship of this type ever since the idea was put forward, but the $850 price tag? Without coupon code? Probably gonna have to skip.

Either that or my Polaris is going to need to go into the trash can.

Do what I do: Melt ships (like your Polaris), buy the new Concept Sale ship while it has LTI, and decide later which ship you want to keep. It's better than passing on a Concept Sale, realizing later -- as more information becomes available -- that you want the ship, and either buying it without LTI and possibly at a higher price, or dealing with the grey market, which will definitely cost more.

At this stage in the game's development, I feel that I've spent enough money on Star Citizen, which is why I'm melting (and selling) ships, not buying more ships. There's no way I'm spending $850 on another ship, not even if it's $700 Warbond. So I'm planning to melt my 600i and one or two other ships to recover $850 in store credit to buy the Pioneer.

On the off chance that the Pioneer isn't useful to me, I can always melt it and buy back the ships that I melted.

i wish this ship is something nobody expects and NOT at all a base builder.

for that price i expect a ship people could use on a daily basis, and i don't foresee a base builder being needed every day...

please CIG surprise me, Ben said once in a "ben's day with batgirl and ben" that when people see this ship they'll think " i can't believe they are doing this".

come one! i want to feel this!

7 hours ago, Amy Babe said:

i wish this ship is something nobody expects and NOT at all a base builder.

for that price i expect a ship people could use on a daily basis, and i don't foresee a base builder being needed every day...

please CIG surprise me, Ben said once in a "ben's day with batgirl and ben" that when people see this ship they'll think " i can't believe they are doing this".

come one! i want to feel this!

I disagree that a "base builder" ship wouldn't be used every day. I think that a base builder ship, or "Colonizer Ship", as I'd call it, would be an extremely useful ship that will be in high demand in the PU and owning one will be extremely profitable.

We knew from early on that players can establish bases in the PU. CIG hasn't explained in any detail how players will be able to do that. CIG has shown how they're using PG to construct outposts on planets for Alpha 3.0 using modular building pieces. The next logical step is allowing players to construct buildings, and the Pioneer could be the key to unlocking that ability. Allowing players to build bases opens up tons of possibilities, and would be a fun and meaningful alternative to the limited selection of missions and PvP griefing that currently exists in the PU. Base building would also be an integral aspect of the in-game economy. CIG has said that Mining will be added sometime after 3.0, and the resources that Miners extract could end up being used for building materials. When players are able to see the results of their collective efforts in game it will be deeply rewarding and greatly expand the scope of the game, and broaden it's appeal far beyond just Pew-pew-pew twitchers. This could potentially crossover into Minecraft territory.

Imagine if an Org (or a spontaneous cooperative of unaffiliated players) pooled their resources and decided to construct a base on one of the Crusader moons. They'd have Prospectors for mining, assorted transports for hauling, Starfarers for refueling, combat ships for protection, and a Pioneer as a base builder. After several hours, they build a base consisting of a few buildings and a landing pad for medium-size ships. Persistence will be introduced in A3.0, so that should mean when players logout and log back in, the base they built should still be there.

The players who built the base would return to hang out and continue to develop their base. The existence of the base would certainly attract other players to it, for better or worse, but if the original players were smart enough to include combat-oriented players and ships, they could defend it from griefers. The larger the base got, the more players would want to participate and it would snowball into a player-built colony.

Whether the original players were members of the same Org, or just a cooperative, they'd certainly formalize their group into an Org, and recruit players who want to help build the base. Building a persistent base in the PU could be the most effective player recruitment tool in Star Citizen. A group could potentially start from nothing and grow into an Org of hundreds or thousands of players in a short span.

And the player who owns the Pioneer would be a centre of all of it, because without their base building ship, the base wouldn't exist.

That's why I strongly disagree with your belief "i don't foresee a base builder being needed every day..."

I think that people are confusing base builder and base founder :P

The Pioneer is probably a ship with one of the the biggest cargo capacities while still being able to land, to carry supplies for the expansion of the base and specialized facilities and such. As such, I too think that Pioneer owners may be more busy than they like, especially if a big colony is ever formed.

Edited by Caldon