Pioneer construction/colonizer ship [Official Thread]

Devil Khan

From the email:

We had a great time at last week’s pop-up parties celebrating Star Citizen’s birthday, and thank you for the valuable feedback on how to improve future events. We’ve taken this into consideration and would love to hear more of your ideas for a specific concierge event in the first half of 2018. Next week, we’ll be sending you our inaugural Concierge Newsletter to ask for your thoughts on what event you would like to create. The newsletter will also provide information tailored for you, and introduce some of the exclusive complimentary in-game items and flair to be delivered when Alpha 3.0 goes live.

CitizenCon 2947, on a larger scale, is happening next Friday in Frankfurt. There will be a wide range of panels covering topics from our cutting-edge technology to the creation of the Xi’an language before Chris Roberts’ keynote address. Here’s a preview of the event brochure’s cover, which features the Consolidated Outland Pioneer.

@Devil Khan I suggest renaming your thread to simply (Consolidated Outland) Pioneer as you have the first thread on the ship which is where it's discussion should live.  As opposed to one on the sneak peak and another later on the reveal, etc.

I don't know, I personally think that the Polaris was priced well. Don't forget, the polaris doesn't have cap sheilds or armour and aside from the torpedoes all weapons are only size 4 and 5. Anyway, the 'pioneer' looks very interesting. have to wait and see will the ship really be like.

CitizenCon 2947, on a larger scale, is happening next Friday in Frankfurt. There will be a wide range of panels covering topics from our cutting-edge technology to the creation of the Xi’an language before Chris Roberts’ keynote address. Here’s a preview of the event brochure’s cover, which features the Consolidated Outland Pioneer.

If their hyping concierge members it's got to be a biggun.

I put my thoughts down via discord but I really hope this is not for player-demanded outposts, but rather pieces of a planned development. I really don't want to see a moon become a trailer park. I want to see a player driven city formed by population density.

When asked if the Pioneer is bigger than an Idris Ben had some things to say:

"It's up there, it's one of our larger ships." 
"It's industrial." 
"CO is a lot like Elon Musk, not resting on their laurels." 
"First CO built a little starter ship to take on RSI's dominance in that area; with the Mustang taking on the Aurora. Now they are going to fix the universe."

13 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:

I think this is an outpost placing ship. You've found a home, now you can create a job to bring your home.

Thinking the same thing. It would make sense.
Either it builds a base.. or.. it becomes one? Like a transformer? OOoohh...

Phf, i dunno, we'll see at citizencon;)

What name change, anyway still think that pioneer isn't the name?

I wonder will there be modular pieces, like the Endeavor, external pieces. Sorta like the crucible, but more than one at a time.

I wonder could the ship be self extending like the Hulls or did they realize how awkward it is to have the extending. 

The Hulls are very like the the "pioneer", except the pioneer is very specific type of "goods" and it possible has the "manpower" for building as well. However, I do find it quite interesting that ben mentioned a bit about could longer or shorter than an Idris which in some case could be modular framework for transporting it in safely. Anyway, quite interesting theorycrafting, but it's theorycrafting. Just think back at the eclipse which turned out as a single seater "stealth" bomber. Anyway I might get one(pioneer) if I feel the need and the price isn't too high. However, I'd like to see their stats and uses. 

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

What name change, anyway still think that pioneer isn't the name?

Ben and Matt confirmed that it is the Pioneer.

As for what it does - I agree with STL - see video (and we'll talk about it in the next Blood Moon meeting Monday at 6pm PST and anyone is welcome to join us in TS).