Asking who designed the 600i seems to be forbidden on Spectrum...

Pharesm

After asking who designed the 600i yesterday, this morning, I find a message in my Spectrum mailbox:

you are being probated for 48h due to violation of rule 9 with the creation of the thread

"Who was(were) the human designer(s) of the 600i...? I've seen no attribution..." and it's content:

"I'd like to know who designed it... Ryan Church? The Hobbit?"

Threads designed purely to create drama on the forum as well as those that don't add anything in addition to the ones you've already created are violations of rule 9.

Regards,

WhiteMagic

Moderators do not action appeals or discuss moderation action, these are handled by CIG as outlined under rule 7

The 600i design is my favorite ship design so far - even the interior is nice - and I ask who designed it - (by "Hobbit", I refer to Hobbes and "human designer" means as opposed to in-lore Origin designers)  Also, CIG so far has freely, sometimes proudly disclosed who the designer(s) of a ship are, so how is this an offensive question?

This response is perplexing and annoying me.

Has anyone had any success appealing mod actions on the SC forum?  I've talked to a few mods on CIG's forum in the Years past and most of them were real friendly and actually talk regularly with the community in threads. But this guy is either real dark or English isn't his first language? idk...

: :

Don't really care about the 48 hours, I just don't feel like even being on a forum, where asking a question gets you probated.

There is quite some drama on Spectrum and Reddit about the 600i ship sale especially price versus performance.

As the Mods on Spectrum are generally very protective of SC they probably thought your threads intention was to hate on the designer?

I wouldn't waste my time to try to appeal the action. What you can maybe try is open a second thread with a different and very constructive topic where you sneak your original question in as a subtopic.

That's a pretty good idea.

well, after my 48 hour probate for his failed attempt at mind reading.

Also, I would disagree with calling every expression of dissatisfaction "Drama". That's like calling everybody on the forum idiots, making displeasing random noise over nothing.

If you don't like something, you have to engage the political process to have any chance to get it changed:

So you find people on the forum that share your opinion on the issue to generate enough resonance for CIG to hear what the dissatisfaction is about.

And they do sometimes react - remember the Redeemer sale? CR personally endowed it with a sizeable improvement to its loadout, while the sale was still on.

Recently, after taking the Redeemer off the store without prior announcement, the Forum complaints were heard and they put it back on the store for 10 days or so.

Maybe they'll give the 600i cruiser a profession and everybody will be real happy instead of talking about melting the thing and "creating drama".

I don't actually think that the "no VIP transport missions" will stay except if they also remove it from Phoenix. Makes no sense that the Phoenix could do it and 600i can't. Also I think from concept to actual ship it will get way more utility. And also compared to the Phoenix its double the mass and bigger for same price. That said I don't care didn't buy any more ships since the original Hull-E sale.

My wording "Drama" wasn't meant to insult anyone it was just meant as a neutral description. I am actually an active participant in flight model/combat mechanics rioting and hating IM on Spectrum (pretty much the only stuff I post on Spectrum) :)

I think there's a good chance that you're right about VIP hauling in possibly 3 ways:

- could have been a mistake from the guy who gave the often poorly worded Q&A answers

- could get changed by CIG on Monday, because one mod did post he would relay the dissatisfaction to CIG devs. (enough resonance)

- could get changed later on, once they got the profession set up.

I have no idea when they might finish the 600i...  I'll see my 890 Jump long before that one, but I'm already afraid to see a dull maze interior like the Starfarer. The big atrium already has a sterile corporate style and looks like an airport waiting- or transit-area.

All the ships I own are not done, save for the 85X...

I see how you mean "Drama" and including the flight model and combat mechanics - probably including the controller wars as well.

We're all lobbying for what we personally want to some degree, but some people forget that there should remain some level of honesty and open discussion.

After asking who designed the 600i yesterday, this morning, I find a message in my Spectrum mailbox:
you are being probated for 48h due to violation of rule 9 with the creation of the thread
"Who was(were) the human designer(s) of the 600i...? I've seen no attribution..." and it's content:
"I'd like to know who designed it... Ryan Church? The Hobbit?"

Threads designed purely to create drama on the forum as well as those that don't add anything in addition to the ones you've already created are violations of rule 9.
Regards,
WhiteMagic
Moderators do not action appeals or discuss moderation action, these are handled by CIG as outlined under rule 7

The 600i design is my favorite ship design so far - even the interior is nice - and I ask who designed it - (by "Hobbit", I refer to Hobbes and "human designer" means as opposed to in-lore Origin designers)  Also, CIG so far has freely, sometimes proudly disclosed who the designer(s) of a ship are, so how is this an offensive question?
This response is perplexing and annoying me.

Has anyone had any success appealing mod actions on the SC forum?  I've talked to a few mods on CIG's forum in the Years past and most of them were real friendly and actually talk regularly with the community in threads. But this guy is either real dark or English isn't his first language? idk...
: :
Don't really care about the 48 hours, I just don't feel like even being on a forum, where asking a question gets you probated.
I appealed once through Consierge Services and they got gift back to me with details on why I received a warning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Pharesm said:

I see how you mean "Drama" and including the flight model and combat mechanics - probably including the controller wars as well.

We're all lobbying for what we personally want to some degree, but some people forget that there should remain some level of honesty and open discussion

Good way to identify some of the issues. The sad fact is that whenever CIG does something, no matter how good or bad, there's a section of the community that goes apeshit and blows up the boards with complaints. While the 600i is just the latest of these, I can see how the mods may go into a more "crisis" mode whenever a certain number of negative threads pop up and so they simply look for things that seem to fit the bill and drop ban-hammers. It's bad practice, definitely, and it most certainly isn't fair, but it's also somewhat understandable.  Considering they were fresh off the Cyclone and before that had to deal with the Hurricane and Nox dissatisfaction, they're probably suffering from mod fatigue. I think CIG would benefit from having rotating teams, where the mods would have other duties related to CSR or other aspects of development, and then rotate every few weeks to make sure that they don't get fatigued. Something similar to when CSR desks have some people manning phones and others dealing with IMs or email submissions, and these people rotate every 2 weeks or month. Doubt that approach will happen here, but it would help with some of the mod fatigue and/or power trips that people report.

Devil is in the details and those may be little signals that someone could be loosing their nerves in CIG.

If it's just a moderator, well ... (almost) no problem. But if the moderator applied some guidelines (and then CIG is now acting on the difensive/censorship against any sign of criticism of the community) ... well ... there could be actual problems behind the curtain.

Perhaps there should be something along the lines of a ship issue council where, instead of making threads of

"Teh 600i sukcs and its faec r stoopid!11!!"

They can make a post, describe the issue they have with the ship & ask for clarification or modification. And folks can vote on what they want. In the case of conflicting ideas, the one with the most votes wins. Of course, the final decision remains up to CIG if they wish to change it or not. It's their ship and their game after all.

2 hours ago, Metternich70 said:

Devil is in the details and those may be little signals that someone could be loosing their nerves in CIG.

Most of the moderation on Spectrum isn't done by CIG employees, but from Turbulent contractors. Doubtful there's any lost nerves at CIG. No matter what CIG does with anything they get criticized, hell even if they woke up tomorrow and decided to update with whatever they have available + stuff that they haven't shown us yet, all the people who've been screaming "GIVE US THE THINGS! WE DONT CARE IF BROKE!" will scream and bitch. In the end, there are three constants in life: Death, Taxes, and people crying on the internet.

13 hours ago, Gremlich said:

Maybe the Mods filled in the rest without reading anything further? Still, bogus ban hammer use.

The text quoted by the mod contained both the title and all the text in my post - there was nothing else he could have read further.

On 9/2/2017 at 2:31 PM, CyberianK said:

What you can maybe try is open a second thread with a different and very constructive topic where you sneak your original question in as a subtopic.

So, I followed your advice and started a new thread, explaining why the 600i is my favorite hull design so far.

It didn't get closed, and a lot of people posted to it...

But nobody knew or bothered to answer the question about who designed it!

The more this appears to be shrouded in mystery, the more I want to know  :)

Good point...

I guess I'll just let myself be surprised whenever the designer is named.

Wondering if its a designer internal to CIG or one of the contractors we already know, or a new one ^^