Origin X1

Th3 Warm0ng3r

4 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Yeah, and it's likely the most expensive variant. :P

Ya but it having more of a specific purpose will justify its increased cost and I think its a great fit with the 600i explorer module.... but it looks like you will need to buy this variant separately. .... 

2 hours ago, VoA said:

Ya but it having more of a specific purpose will justify its increased cost and I think its a great fit with the 600i explorer module.... but it looks like you will need to buy this variant separately. .... 

Meh, it's most likely just more marketing BS where they charge you +$10 for a skin and a bigger gun. Personally I think it's unlikely to have more 'purpose' than the basic model to be honest. Besides, 50 bucks also gets me an Avenger Titan. ;)

So I'll just stick with my NOX as it's the bike Batman would ride! B)

Gk4Mqof.jpg

38 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Meh, it's most likely just more marketing BS where they charge you +$10 for a skin and a bigger gun. Personally I think it's unlikely to have more 'purpose' than the basic model to be honest. Besides, 50 bucks also gets me an Avenger Titan. ;)

So I'll just stick with my NOX as it's the bike Batman would ride! B)

Gk4Mqof.jpg

Ya I'm sticking with my Nox and Dragonfly but the Explorer X1 will also likely better scanning options as well

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Meh, it's most likely just more marketing BS where they charge you +$10 for a skin and a bigger gun.

Who would give a damn about the size of a single weapon mount on a swoop bike?

Aside from being an LTI token, I doubt people will care about the last few ground vehicles once military-grade tanks and APCs end up on the store.

16 minutes ago, J. Coren said:

Who would give a damn about the size of a single weapon mount on a swoop bike?

Aside from being an LTI token, I doubt people will care about the last few ground vehicles once military-grade tanks and APCs end up on the store.

True, I wouldn't mind having a military grade Aegis or Anvil tank. :P

@Danakar Endeel here is something to think about....

We both agree that we prefer the Nox (and I also like the Dragonfly for its utility and 2 seater option)....... - but we both yet don't know about the usability of the X1.

One thing that maybe enticing about the Explorer / Combat Variant of the X1 is that it may not only have just scanners set up for exploration - but it maybe more efficient in some cases than an Ursa Rover for ground exploration.   I kept my 315p for a long time with this logic.... but ultimately melted it in favor of the Pisces as part of the Carrack.  However the 315p (and also the Freelancer Dur and Mustang Beta + even the Reliant Sen and some other small ships) - is ideal for exploring systems through small jump points and even navigating / mapping those jump points.

I see the Ursa Rover as ideal for exploring ancient ruins as an example (where you don't have to travel far and can haul a bunch of equipment and even some cargo around along with some more people to help in the exploration of the ruins)......... 

.......however...... I can think of many ground based exploration scenarios where the Ursa Rover wouldn't be ideal..... but the X1 Exploration / Combat variant might be better suited for.

One example would be ruins scattered over many miles or km or small objects scattered over distances (but still needing more of a ground perspective due to subtle clues or close proximity of scans vs covering the area by flying over it with a ship).   A fast bike would be more ideal for this type of ground exploration right? ;)

------------------

What do you think???

==================

I love to theory-craft as you know - and I end up theory crafting reasons why to get a new ship / vehicle - where initially I think I didn't need it / didn't want it / or had it covered.......

.............that's I guess how I ended up with pledging for almost every ship in the game :wub:

Bored Gamer appears excited and is theory-crafting about the exploration variant as well (about 2m in and also at 3m)

3 hours ago, VoA said:

@Danakar Endeel here is something to think about....

We both agree that we prefer the Nox (and I also like the Dragonfly for its utility and 2 seater option)....... - but we both yet don't know about the usability of the X1.

One thing that maybe enticing about the Explorer / Combat Variant of the X1 is that it may not only have just scanners set up for exploration - but it maybe more efficient in some cases than an Ursa Rover for ground exploration.   I kept my 315p for a long time with this logic.... but ultimately melted it in favor of the Pisces as part of the Carrack.  However the 315p (and also the Freelancer Dur and Mustang Beta + even the Reliant Sen and some other small ships) - is ideal for exploring systems through small jump points and even navigating / mapping those jump points.

I see the Ursa Rover as ideal for exploring ancient ruins as an example (where you don't have to travel far and can haul a bunch of equipment and even some cargo around along with some more people to help in the exploration of the ruins)......... 

.......however...... I can think of many ground based exploration scenarios where the Ursa Rover wouldn't be ideal..... but the X1 Exploration / Combat variant might be better suited for.

One example would be ruins scattered over many miles or km or small objects scattered over distances (but still needing more of a ground perspective due to subtle clues or close proximity of scans vs covering the area by flying over it with a ship).   A fast bike would be more ideal for this type of ground exploration right? ;)

------------------

What do you think???

==================

I love to theory-craft as you know - and I end up theory crafting reasons why to get a new ship / vehicle - where initially I think I didn't need it / didn't want it / or had it covered.......

.............that's I guess how I ended up with pledging for almost every ship in the game :wub:

Bored Gamer appears excited and is theory-crafting about the exploration variant as well (about 2m in and also at 3m)

Well, so far it seems there's still a lot of fluff and no actual information when reading the sales info and brochure. The only difference I see with the 'Force' is that it has an extra shield generator but nothing about any updated scanners or anything unfortunately. Also appears that it has a single S1 gun compared to the 2xS1 on both the DF and NOX. So the Force is just a NOX with less firepower and a bit more tanky while the base model is the same price as a NOX but has you paying for 'luxury' and being a bit less exposed from the sides but have to lose 50% of firepower. :P

If I were to start theorycrafting on exploration scenarios it currently appears that if the need arises to grab a small bike when an Ursa wouldn't be ideal you could just grab any speederbike and won't really miss out on anything. Only vehicle so far stated by CIG specifically to have improved scanners was the Tumbril Cyclone RN to my knowledge.

So yep, still just marketing BS imo where you simply pay more for less because it's Origin 'luxury'. But at least having more speederbikes gives us more choice and diversity which in my book is always a good thing when going for a living breathing universe. But I'm going to sit this one out (also because Origin ships never really appealed to me) and simply wait for Citizencon and a potential Aegis Dynamics Speederbike. ;) 

4 hours ago, VoA said:

*Snip*

If I'm going to be exploring planetside, I'm going to want the most utilitarian machine possible. The Ursa seems to fit that role well enough, with the Dragonfly following in a close second.

Of all the stupid swoop bikes, the Dragonfly seems like it will be useful for something outside of touring or racing, which to me makes it the most desirable of the three. Outside of fucking around, I don't see a use for the Nox and X1 anything other than LTI tokens, unless one of them has some amazing trait we don't know about yet.

55 minutes ago, J. Coren said:

If I'm going to be exploring planetside, I'm going to want the most utilitarian machine possible. The Ursa seems to fit that role well enough, with the Dragonfly following in a close second.

Of all the stupid swoop bikes, the Dragonfly seems like it will be useful for something outside of touring or racing, which to me makes it the most desirable of the three. Outside of fucking around, I don't see a use for the Nox and X1 anything other than LTI tokens, unless one of them has some amazing trait we don't know about yet.

You're right. Unfortunately, the Dragonfly is longer than a freight train and is generally failing to suggest "Chopper/Cruiser" to me in any way. If they sold a PROPER chopper in a reasonable size (especially one with any tangible exploration advantages) I'd be all over it even against my wallet's sternest threats - but, alas...

One thing, I would consider buying the X1 Force. It has the only difference that kinda matched both the DF and the Nox. Of course it's stats that have to be clarified.

X1-Force only one weapon, but double the shield EG front and back. Still haven't bought it thought. Since I would have loved to have bought it on CCU. Still can't it seems cost me $5-10 (Nox), but it says unable to do it. 

Just now, Gremlich said:

racing

So practically nothing. Just like in Murray Cup, players will find which one of these two is the best at running tracks and then disregard the other, just like with what happened to the Mustang Gamma an M50.

2 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:
7 minutes ago, Gremlich said:
racing

And surface exploration with a group, swarming an enemy ship, etc.

So why not go with the Dragonfly then?

Exploration: Has cargo capacity, which the others don't.

Swarming: Has a second seat for raiders.

The Dragonfly was something of a unique idea which presented a few practical cases for its usage despite its small size, weak shields and lack of hard hitting firepower. it was a smaller, faster alternative to the Ursa. Then the Cyclone comes along, which differentiated itself enough from both the Dragonfly and the Ursa to justify it existing, even if it was kind of stupid. Then the Nox showed up and presented itself as the luxury alternative to the Dragonfly, which although being kind of redundant gives it something of an edge case as a luxury touring bike. Now we have the X1, which is trying to fill the same role as the Nox.

Most ships for sale have either created a new role, or have provided an alternative. This is one of the few sales thus far where the ship brings nothing new to the table.

Well the Nox showed up before the Cyclone, but whichever.

The Dragonfly, Not, and X1 can all work in space, the Cyclone, PTV, and Ursa cannot.

Hopefully the Nox and X1 prove to be a lot more nimble and faster in a straight line to make up for the passenger / cargo capacity. You can still pack more Noxen and perhaps more X1s into a space than you can Dragonflies. Enough to offset the utility? No idea.

20 hours ago, Lady Tyreanthil Kyranthia said:

Wow
Where is that from, any game we know?
Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It appears it is just art for a book series called Universe of Dusk or Hexiron (Not 100% sure), atleast that is what i gather from the facebook page.  He/she also has a lot of other cool looking art on there. Some of the designs i saw on the facebook page are pretty awesome.

However, i can say its very similar to the Mammoth Tank from the Command and Conquer RTS Games and to be honest, i imagine the aegis/anvil tank to look similar it kinda fits their themes.

On 9/29/2017 at 5:44 PM, J. Coren said:

I agree but the X1 Force ... probably has scanners and other things that will help the Explore but you could always equip  your Dragonfly to have upgraded scanners probably as well as a component upgrade and you have a much better field of view with the dragonfly including carrying a second person and storing something small that you find.

4 hours ago, GeraldEvans said:
4 hours ago, Gremlich said:
racing

And surface exploration with a group, swarming an enemy ship, etc.

I think the biggest thing that people forget about bikes is that they're easy to store in any ship and they could be used as an escape vehicle instead of jumping into a lifepod where you're helpless or even just transporting people back and forth between ships if you have a fleet of large ships