Feedback Wanted How would you configure my mouse ?

Hello everyone

I published here some time ago (https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/21771-optimal-navigation-with-a-3d-mouse/) and thanks to you I gathered all the information I wanted in order to prepare my gaming mouse project :)

Now, I only miss one thing to perfect my presentation : the configurations of the mouse. So I need you again please !

Here is the list of the buttons and X, Y, Z axis :

-        Left and right clics

-        2 side buttons

-        Joystick button (you press the joy)

-        Analog joystick 360° : config on 4 directions

-        Analog tilt 360° : config on 4 directions

-        Translation up, down, left, right

-        Scroll wheel up, down

-        Scroll wheel button

-        Lexip button (under the scroll wheel)

-        Scroll wheel sensitivity

-        Mouse sensitivity

-        DPI (01 to 5040)

You can set up all these buttons with the Control Panel. You can do what you want (keyboard keys, shortcuts, macros…).

How would you configure the mouse ?

I can't wait to exchange with you.

Would you care to share as to why the initial release in 2013 where you said you sold about 500 units went bust? why did you stop selling/offering support. What happened that made you shut down the project?

Like i said in the previous post i don't think this would work too well in gaming... i feel precision would be low and thus no good for gaming 

As for key binds what i would do is

Tilt L+R = strafe L+R
Tilt Frw+Bck = Strafe up/down
joystick = freelook i suppose?
Left/right click = Fire weapon groups 1/2
scroll wheel = zoom or throttle 
MMB = missle lock/fire
Pitch and yaw is done by sliding the mouse around

(The rest of the important binds would be on a kb or throttle)

How practical this setup is is hard to say with out lots of testing and tweaking but this it where i would start

If you're willing to send out a demo/sample prototype i would be happy to review it for you and give my opinion of it!

Thanks for your answer xKiLlFrEnZyx.

There were some technical problems, so we immediately stopped the production. Our R&D team worked since then on the second model.

The support team had some troubles to take care of every needs. Now, the support is operational for BtoB and we have a specific contact for our BtoC customers.

I understand, thanks for your key binds :)
I'll see if I can send you a prototype ! I'll keep you in touch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      Today I have a special gift for all Drake ship lovers
      The recent Marvel film, and specifically the first trailer of this film, inspired me to make this video. You may not like this style of music and this style of editing, but I tried to make this video in such a way that it all looked organic and exciting simultaneously. And judging by the feedback of my friends, who have already watched this video, my idea was more than successful. And I hope you will like it too!
      If you liked this video, share it with your friends - it's good advertisement for our game. And, do not forget to put a finger/plus/arrow up in:
      Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit  
    • By easto1a
      Today I've been joined by TheNOOBIFIER1337 to discuss cargo improvements, server mesh tech and more for this episode of Ask The Devs Breakdown. The show is basically where I look at recent feedback from the Ask The Devs forum on Spectum, choosing answers to highlight.
      TheNOOBIFIER1337's Channel (Awesome guy!) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-ybzjiaP2mSS81gaUxOiA
    • By BentRudder
      Selling Aurora MR Game Package from Buyback. This Package includes Squadron 42, Star Citizen, and 2 months Insurance
      Melt Value $30 USD /  My Price $40 USD
      Accepting USD PayPal; must be PayPal verified and email for PayPal and Gifting must be the same. Payment must be received prior to delivery to complete transaction. No Refunds or Cancellations will be available.

• By Kenny_Loggins
      We are Black Star Initiative!
      Black Star Initiative is a UEE Aligned Anti-Piracy Private Military Corporation with 60% our focus on combat related security of UEE Space and 40% towards all other non-combat roles.
      We use a structured branch to organize players more efficiently. See link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Yc7m8bP8Izeg6x2QbtwaqqpmnMk1gtY1SRPLu9kM3mY/edit#slide=id.p3
      We do require all of our members (Non-combat also) to be willing to fight on notice as we are firstly a PMC and all other non-security jobs provide the backbone of operations.
      As well, we understand your primary gameplay focus might include additional non-related gameplay, IE A Primary focus on Bounty Hunting and a Secondary Focus on Agriculture.
      Our Hot List of combat and non-combat roles in-need: Fleet Bomber Crew/Bomber Pilots, Medics, Weapons Operators(Turrets/Torps), Boarding Ship Pilots.
      If any of the above fits planned play-style please note when responding. We are however also non-specific currently.
      Interested to know more? 
      Join us on our Discord:  https://discord.gg/0Vq6b9nrXiNhOlPn
      More Info: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50177/thread/tbsi-black-star-initiative
      Official RSI Org Link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TBSI
    • By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      With the release of Star Citizen 3.0 on the YouTube began to often appear gameplay videos in the "Time lapse" style - when any landscape is recorded on video, then you speed up the result, reaching the entertaining effect of the "accelerated" picture. The sun quickly goes beyond the horizon, the sky spins at a high speed and so on. I did not do this type of video for a long time, because I thought that it would not surprise anyone at this time.
      However, now, when we all wait for optimization and making normal videos is very complicated, I decided to do something at least. And I had an idea to make my "Timelapse". However, not ordinary - with the effect of "Tilt Shift" - when certain edges of the picture are blurred, creating the illusion of the miniature of what is happening on the screen.
      However, when working with video, I ran into with the fact that because of the shaking of the camera it is not always possible to achieve this effect - therefore the video will be a bit strange and... shaking. However, some moments, nevertheless, managed to be made quite good in terms of how they "work" for a common visual style.
      So, I present to you my first "Timelapse" video, which is also flavored with an interesting effect, and also it in pure 4K and at 60 frames per second.
      I hope you will enjoy!
       P.S. If you liked the video, support me in:
      Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit