Eleidess

Feedback Wanted How would you configure my mouse ?

Hello everyone

I published here some time ago (https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/21771-optimal-navigation-with-a-3d-mouse/) and thanks to you I gathered all the information I wanted in order to prepare my gaming mouse project :)

Now, I only miss one thing to perfect my presentation : the configurations of the mouse. So I need you again please !

Here is the list of the buttons and X, Y, Z axis :

-        Left and right clics

-        2 side buttons

-        Joystick button (you press the joy)

-        Analog joystick 360° : config on 4 directions

-        Analog tilt 360° : config on 4 directions

-        Translation up, down, left, right

-        Scroll wheel up, down

-        Scroll wheel button

-        Lexip button (under the scroll wheel)

-        Scroll wheel sensitivity

-        Mouse sensitivity

-        DPI (01 to 5040)

You can set up all these buttons with the Control Panel. You can do what you want (keyboard keys, shortcuts, macros…).

How would you configure the mouse ?

I can't wait to exchange with you.

Would you care to share as to why the initial release in 2013 where you said you sold about 500 units went bust? why did you stop selling/offering support. What happened that made you shut down the project?

Like i said in the previous post i don't think this would work too well in gaming... i feel precision would be low and thus no good for gaming 

As for key binds what i would do is

Tilt L+R = strafe L+R
Tilt Frw+Bck = Strafe up/down
joystick = freelook i suppose?
Left/right click = Fire weapon groups 1/2
scroll wheel = zoom or throttle 
MMB = missle lock/fire
Pitch and yaw is done by sliding the mouse around

(The rest of the important binds would be on a kb or throttle)

How practical this setup is is hard to say with out lots of testing and tweaking but this it where i would start

If you're willing to send out a demo/sample prototype i would be happy to review it for you and give my opinion of it!

Thanks for your answer xKiLlFrEnZyx.

There were some technical problems, so we immediately stopped the production. Our R&D team worked since then on the second model.

The support team had some troubles to take care of every needs. Now, the support is operational for BtoB and we have a specific contact for our BtoC customers.

I understand, thanks for your key binds :)
I'll see if I can send you a prototype ! I'll keep you in touch.