Who builds Sci-Fi genre models?

Gremlich

The closest anybody will come for the near future for SC/SQ42 models are 3d printer versions. Me, I don't make molds, I've just recently gotten back into scale model building as a hobby and was wondering who else does.

found this on ebay

s-l500.jpg

this too (it's a freaking kit for $600!!)

s-l1600.jpg

Lineage dark elf maybe?

s-l1600.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2017 at 7:03 PM, Donut said:

I wonder if we could all pool our money together and fund an Imperium member to make models for us. Of course there may be several members already who have the machines and technical know-how to finish them. Just a thought ^^

You know someone could actually make a living making CGI's SC/SQ42 models. manage a website with advertising to show examples and process. Cha-CHING! You saw the quality of that retaliator model sent to CIG? 3D printer did that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 10:26 AM, Gremlich said:

You know someone could actually make a living making CGI's SC/SQ42 models. manage a website with advertising to show examples and process. Cha-CHING! You saw the quality of that retaliator model sent to CIG? 3D printer did that.

You can make models for your own use, but I imagine they will sic some unfriendly legal folks onto you if you attempted to sell them. Doubt they are actively searching for copyright theft like Disney, NFL, etc, but sales of RSI ships would spread like ebola, and get back to them rather quickly.

We (3D printer types) asked Chris specifically a hundred years ago, and it was mentioned that things made cannot be sold for profit (non-commercial personal trophy sort of endevours only).

Direct from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

The creation and sale of merchandise based on the Game, the Website, any RSI Content, any RSI Fansite Content or any RSI Marks is expressly prohibited.

Other parts also pertain, explaining copyright and trademark clauses, but all say the same same as the above segment.

So, no Make Money Fast schemes riding on their coat-tails allowed.– DRUM out

• 4 weeks later...