Distribution of loginData.json

Mal

Would it be possible for one to distribute their loginData.json file without jeopardizing their account? It would be for the purpose of testing Star Citizen without an account. Another possible option is usage of a loginData.json file created by logging in with an unpaid account during a free-fly period. 

18 hours ago, Mal said:

Would it be possible for one to distribute their loginData.json file without jeopardizing their account? It would be for the purpose of testing Star Citizen without an account. Another possible option is usage of a loginData.json file created by logging in with an unpaid account during a free-fly period. 

Sounds sketchy and if they figure out I'd bet it would be a ban.  I wouldn't risk it.

This is perhaps unrelated, but lately i've seen people being able to load into the star citizen crusader map in a 'single player' mode. This client mode seems to not require any authentication through the launcher, but it does load all your (local?) client data, like ship and character loadout. I'm not sure what that means and if perhaps it's possible for someone without an account to play this 'offline mode' without even having to log in...

But sharing these methods, that can be considered exploits if used in this manner, I do believe is obviously against CIG's terms of service. 

You do need to authenticate to the launcher, but after that you're free to load assets via executable arguement.  Technically speaking it's the same as typing "map de_dust2" in counterstike: just a localhost server.  It's not an exploit to load assets; otherwise GrayHeadedGamer would be banned for putting ships on his island.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6rv0av/play_star_citizen_263_pu_offline_without_moving/

I should also say that I do not recommend giving out any files to anyone.  In other games you can hijack accounts by using session tokens stored in log files.

Thanks for the responses. Once I get an account I'll probably be using offline mode quite often, and might use the user.cfg modification to load any ships I want. When that happens (soon, I hope) I'll be sure to direct any questions here. You all seem helpful.