Optimal navigation with a 3D mouse

Eleidess

Hello everyone,

I work in a company which has created a 3D mouse designed for graphic designers and 3D designers. I found this video and I think using our mouse with video games would be great, I would like to know your opinion on the subject.

Our mouse is called "Lexip 3D", it has a joystick and a tilt allowing movements in 3 dimensions on 6 axes. Companies like Dassault Systems have had the opportunity to work with.

Today, the mouse always targets professionals but I would like to present some mouse’s configurations on video games to my superiors to propose the development of a Lexip gaming mouse. I had the opportunity to do some tests on your game:

StarCitizen.gif.d7c9802f8f01117d7b418be8811413eb.gif

You can set the tilt, the joystick, the buttons as well as the classic keys of the mouse.

As regular players, what do you think of our mouse?
Would it be interesting for Star Citizen (or other space games)?
Do you have any configuration ideas?

Thanks for your time !

The mouse itself is interesting, and has gaming applications if accurate and well made.

The state of the company has me wondering.  The homepage http://www.lexip.fr/ just shows a single image and according to archive.org, was offline from 2012 to 2015.  I wouldn't hold my breath for quality support.

The mouse was retailed before windows 10 and with no driver site, there's no way of knowing how to find updated drivers.

I wouldn't vouch for it... I've heard of lexip around about 2012-13 and the company has been since dead (as @GRIZZ noted)...  clearly, there's a reason for it.....

Heres a video i found for it

Take what you will from it but I don't think it will be great by any means. You can see in the above video when he demonstrates the mouse's tilt it looks as if his hand is straining to keep the angle/tilt..... a no-go for precision... the only real pro for it is it has a joystick attached to it that's about it

Also good luck finding drivers/updates/stock

Might be a good idea for CAD 3D modeling .... not so much gaming

@GRIZZwe don‘t sell this product anymore but we are working on a new basis for our professional target. That's why the website was offline but I think the comeback of our pro version would be for 2018 (with a good website, drivers and support).

@xKiLlFrEnZyx: yes, we sold 500 Lexip around 2013 then we stopped. Now we're working on a comeback for the pro version but I want to add a gaming version (it would be so great!)

Yeah, I know that video, it's the one who convinces me that the mouse would be great for gaming.

Normally, the mouse is as any other mouse, it will not create more stress than another. 

Would you think it would be interesting without the tilt ?