PC Gamer Article on Star Citizen

VoA

Good read. It's refreshing to read a fair and optimistic gamer article about Star Citizen, instead of all the critical and pessimistic articles from so-called game journalists. I'm pleased that it's PC Gamer and they got to demo Alpha 3.0. I subscribed to PC Gamer for years... until I got sick of magazines cluttering up my home. I'm glad PC Gamer got the Star Citizen scoop and wrote a favourable article. Hopefully it reaches plenty of gamers and they join the SC community. :)

4 hours ago, Reavern said:

Good read. It's refreshing to read a fair and optimistic gamer article about Star Citizen, instead of all the critical and pessimistic articles from so-called game journalists. I'm pleased that it's PC Gamer and they got to demo Alpha 3.0. I subscribed to PC Gamer for years... until I got sick of magazines cluttering up my home. I'm glad PC Gamer got the Star Citizen scoop and wrote a favourable article. Hopefully it reaches plenty of gamers and they join the SC community. :)

Or at the very least they transition from "Hell no, DS said its a scam man and its never coming out." to "Watching with mild interest."

Of course, I hope that all of the people who are already watching with mild interest go to "WAITING INTENSIFIES" or pledge in. :)

"Players will eventually have to eat and drink as well"... I sure hope not. I don't want to play space The Sims.... I want to play a game.

I have no problems with maintaining a sunk cost in "invisible supplies and having this run in the background, but I do not want to have to sit down every 5 minutes to "eat" or if I have to keep opening an inventory to drink like in survival games.

4 hours ago, danredda said:

"Players will eventually have to eat and drink as well"... I sure hope not. I don't want to play space The Sims.... I want to play a game.

I have no problems with maintaining a sunk cost in "invisible supplies and having this run in the background, but I do not want to have to sit down every 5 minutes to "eat" or if I have to keep opening an inventory to drink like in survival games.

I highly doubt it will be that cumbersome or that often. I can see them implement a ration that is like a square inch but can satisfy your needs for 8 hrs or something before any negative effects while also allowing full "real" food storage and use for AI crew as well as you for some boost to stamina or something for taking the time.

In any case, so we now have a new profession coming out in 3.0? Who is going to be our chop shop's manager? lol

7 hours ago, danredda said:

I don't mind if eating and drinking are necessary in SC, just as long as those game mechanics aren't too intrusive or tedious. Players don't want SC to become a survival game.

Needing to eat and drink should be a clever game mechanic to distinguish short-range single-seater ships, without living quarters or beds, versus longer range ships with those amenities. We already know that a ship like the Hornet can't make multiple jumps without refueling. It would make sense that when it stopped to refuel, the pilot should ingest some food and drink. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Whereas a Freelancer captain will be able to jump multiple star systems and can grab a snack from the crew cabin during flight. And if you're venturing out into the frontier, you'll need to bring enough food and drink with you for the duration, otherwise you'll die.

I'm confident that SC will figure out the right balance between survival game mechanics and games wherein you never need to eat or drink.

Will there be fish and chips? I like fish and chips. If there are no fish and chip shops I will open an interplanetary chain of them.

There will be signposts and billboards everywhere.

"Change Your Vector to Victor's Chippy. You'll find one at every space port and habitable outpost. We serve only the finest fish-like creatures available - if not actual fish."

Remember: Victor's Chippy for quality fare and enough on your plate at reasonable prices! Salt & Victor Vector's Special Reserve Vinegar extra. :D

• 2 months later...
Will there be fish and chips? I like fish and chips. If there are no fish and chip shops I will open an interplanetary chain of them.
There will be signposts and billboards everywhere.
"Change Your Vector to Victor's Chippy. You'll find one at every space port and habitable outpost. We serve only the finest fish-like creatures available - if not actual fish."
Remember: Victor's Chippy for quality fare and enough on your plate at reasonable prices! Salt & Victor Vector's Special Reserve Vinegar extra. [emoji3]

Lol
Ill use my new pioneer to build ImperiumFish&Chips ™ shacks everywhere !
[emoji851][emoji851][emoji1533][emoji256][emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...