Cyclone Rover by Tumbril + Variants

VoA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The tumbril was the focus in the latest Jump point.  I only skimmed it and realized there is some really cool stuff going on sutch as...

"The rear (trunk) will need to open so players can possibly use an anti grav unit to manhandle changeable pods into place." - Paul J. Page 13

This is neat because it helps us understand that the variants may become user interchangeable.

They also mention the vehicle will have component modules that are user replaceable when damaged, they were placed up front to be more "vulnerable".  So it will have its own pipes system like a ship does.  If someone shoots out the avionics box, you might not find your way home.

tumbril.thumb.JPG.a508b424859ede9dd7c7dc3128d36cd3.JPG

tumbril2.thumb.JPG.a153251dae31deb64e366dc34f8c0da9.JPG

If you have any buggy questions bugging you, you would be foolish not to read this issue.  https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/hsqo8gr4brz7ur/source/JumpPoint_05-08_Aug-17_Moon-Shadow.pdf

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Looking forward to picking one up if/when it comes back on sale... and I'm kind of kicking myself I didn't pick one up before.
I'm thinking it will be a great little buggy to use as a exploration vehicle in combination with my Reclaimer (or whatever ship I can fit it in)

• 3 months later...

Posted this on the Ursa thread but wanted to post it hear since there might be more Cyclone fans here...

I just picked up the....

PACKAGE - ENTREPRENEUR PACK

...so now I have 2 Ursa Rovers (since one also comes with my Carrack).   Generally I don't like to have more than one of a ship / vehicle but was wanting to get other opinions on keeping 2 Ursa's vs getting a Cyclone (was actually thinking a Cyclone RN when it comes back on sale and CCUing) ---- but not sure if it make sense.   Anyone have both an Ursa Rover and a Cyclone and would like to expand on the +/-'s of each?   Thanks :)

• 2 months later...

d8zeV1H.jpg

A lot of progress has been made towards the completion of several vehicles going out in Alpha 3.3. The new Tumbril Cyclone variants and the Consolidated Outlands Mustang are art-complete and in their final phase with Systems Design.

Spoiler

wDFZ67t.png

JenqQ5F.png

EdjUESW.png

w8J973P.png

35IvVN1.png

4 hours ago, VoA said:

I can't decide on keeping an RSI Ursa Rover (I have an extra one since one comes with the Carrack - but that will end up being an Aegis Rover most likely) - or Getting a Cylcone RN?

Depends on the situation. Right now I use the Cyclone to satisfy my speed addiction and use the Ursa for ground based target practice ops. Also I believe that only the Ursa will have on board life support which limits the situations that the Cyclone can be used in.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VoA said:

1cdgzrg-4NXDAdhAAbLO1iFVRXoSrAo8cPSWDKaXk4g.png?s=62fffa525fe0694afd7805b157980210

I've been thinking about getting the exploration RN Cyclone - mainly for Land Claims but also searching - but a little concerned about the wheel - fall - off issue (hopefully its just a bug and not intended)

Heh, I have a Cyclone-RN because it came with that new UEE Exploration 2948 LTI pack but was considering to sidegrade it to a Cyclone-TR myself because the new colorscheme and design reminds me of the Warthog from Halo (and because the Carrack will likely have its own exploration rover already) :P

Tumbril-TR.thumb.jpg.619ee419857badc792b7280b666c7612.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: as of today the Cyclone variants have gone up in price by +$10 for the RC/RN/TR/AA. Most likely due to them being released with the upcoming alpha 3.3 patch.

Cyclone-priceincrease.png.b4da0f6f1e55ba8ac56d8174e5e6e5cb.png

EDIT: Heh, and now they are suddenly back down to their original prices. Maybe Turbulent was a bit too premature in applying the price increase? :P

Cyclone-priceincrease2.png.5e41c68d9dcffad843dad094da2c0e09.png

1 hour ago, Danakar Endeel said:

EDIT: Heh, and now they are suddenly back down to their original prices. Maybe Turbulent was a bit too premature in applying the price increase? :P

The cynic in me likes to think that this was no accident! :P