Imperium Media

Gallitin

Wow, this place exploded with new creativity initiative. I´m really happy to see that, thank you all for fantastic contributions. I have everything Media related at SCB in my scope, and appreciate all the effort. Don´t forget, Media is always on lookout for the talent out there, so keep pushing guys ;)

Hey guys,

I made some things in the last couple of weeks as i await if i can join media fleet and i thought i share them with the community :). I put them under spoilers mainly, because of the image size and i don't want to flood the thread with images :P. I made them all from scratch without any drawings or resources in case anyone wonders about it.

I hope you like them, any comment, critique and feedback is always welcome :).

#1 - A poster i was asked to make as an (entry) test for media fleet.

Egw1p3K.jpg

#2 - random thing :P

GrMIuCg.jpg

#3 - i saw a sort of fight night style poster and thought here i make one .

hYRbhtb.jpg

#4 - i never made planets from the very last pixel ( no import) before, so i got interested and curious as to how it is done. My latest masterpiece with self-homemade planets :).

2SmQwgk.jpg

Enjoy :D

Note: They are best viewed in full resolution. It seems to some the content doesn't load. so here is the link to the (hidden) album in which they are all stored in. http://imgur.com/a/UKmPK#0

Very nice brother. A real illustrative designer talent

Any media folks have an Imperium logo that would fit the specifications on http://teespring.com/ ?  I thought it'd be a good idea to have identifiable shirts for us to wear to the Star Citizen PAX event next month.  Also, Teespring will drop-ship to buyers, so no one needs to front the cash and deal with logistics.

Any media folks have an Imperium logo that would fit the specifications on http://teespring.com/ ?  I thought it'd be a good idea to have identifiable shirts for us to wear to the Star Citizen PAX event next month.  Also, Teespring will drop-ship to buyers, so no one needs to front the cash and deal with logistics.

@Exitre i tested it out with a the size provided in the OP and it works just fine. When applying you can Rescale the size. On screen it looks better up scaled, but i dont dare to say if that is also the actual result

@rotorax was working on something like this.

I suppose the plain white logo would work on a dark t-shirt background, but I figured we could create something sexier.  If Rotorax is already on the case, I'll see what he comes up with, it's sure to be better than what I can do...

At cost, these shirts would only be $9 each + shipping for 20, $10 if we printed only 10 shirts.  Not bad at all.

jyczmlQ.png

not sure if the Media Guys saw the work  i did a while ago in Feb...

here it is...

and a Inspirational Video - it was kinda my first perception of the feeling of the game...

and some Art involving Imperium...

UpDMO4r.jpgtKAfrAw.png5NaRHKX.png

Thanks @Exitre

I´m actually searching for alternative store as our original made at spreadshirt doesn´t meet our needs anymore. Thanks for reminding me about teespring, it was one of the possibilities back when we were deciding which shop we could go for, I will try it this time. It seems decent, only downside is that you can only sell one t-shirt design per campaign.

Since the announcement has been made to the Imperium Fleet (through announcement section and INN).  I proudly present my promotional work for and in request of the I.I.S (Imperium Intelligence Service) for/to the public. Best viewed in full resolution. 

EKjzdrQ.png

HStyoCf.png

aprdF7m.png

n64JOWq.png

i53zA1X.png

DWdn5DO.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fleet Media is happy to announce that our newest members, @Jetbo and @rain2reign are no longer recruits. Their exceptional contribution to the Media efforts and seamless integration into community combined with helpful attitude has earned them a full membership!

For the whole Media staff and also other officers and Command I am glad to welcome them among us for real. Thank you guys, we are excited to see what more do you have in store for us!

• 4 weeks later...

Note: Even though I can draw, I am a CAD guy at heart, and even the things I draw tend towards the real more than imaginary. My hat is off to you artistic types showing your wares here. Great work and a lot of love put into them. - DRUM

I have been playing around in my free time today with making 3D plaques of the various division icons.

IE: the ones shown on the first post of this thread (the black on white division icons).

If they come out as well as I hope I can post them for others who have a 3D printer, BUT I need to know the origin author for credits before I can do that.

The first trials are finishing now (about 30 minutes more to go). The Imperium and the division image above it are working swell. I am having to modify the smaller lettering below Imperium, (mining, trade, etc), to have it resolve better though.

The division name is a tad BLEH at 80mm. If this next 125mm also seems blurred, I will try to beef up the division name in another manner.

They have a small cool factor without the text, but I feel the text would make them seem more complete.

Once I find a happy place with size and thickness, the parameters can be adjusted for all 8 division images.

Some pictures will be posted here before I am done. I will let you all decide if they are worth putting into the world.

So, will the author of these division icon images please raise their hand? - DRUM out

Nice effort DRUM, me and @Lozenger are original authors of the current set of logos, so we appreciate the praise. As Stoff mentioned, logos are being redesigned as we speak, but we may keep some of them, just don´t know to what extent.