Find the derelict in the PU 3.0

Devil Khan

3 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

God damit, what don't the call Crusader System Stanton System on the 3.0. Planetary body yes, but it's not a system.

Actually It is alot closer than fiver systems. It is only two jumped Virgil > Vega > Stanton or Vendetta > Kellog > Chronos > Stanton

Of course Sol is very close compared to Stanton.

You're betting on a lot of unproven jump points there. I'm not saying they're not there, but a jump from Vega to Stanton or Vendetta to Stanton or Chronos to Stanton will instantly be the longest jump in the verse. and will cover like a 1/4 of the width of the known universe

2 hours ago, LeroyJenkins said:

The system is called Stanton. The system is owned by Crusader Industries. 

Crusader Industries owns the planet Crusader, the others Microtech, Hurston and ArcCorp are owned by their respective companies. Stanton system was auctioned off by the UEE to raise money a while back.

Yeah there is a mix up with the 3rd party starman. Althought it is easier to use quickly (sort of). seems that at least one set is mixed up, Stanton and Bremen. Could have been from a mistake with Terra and Sol. It is a cleaner, less cluttered, starmap to use imho. The official does put down the size of the jump points, small, medium and large as well. Anyway, kinda cross out a load of the bigger ships which I assume were more towards the Vanduul space really.  Of course UEE ships could have gone down for various other reasons.

I liked this idea as well, so i went back and listened again to what Nathan actually said and he said; they have so far produced 4 derelick ships, 1 of which is this big myster ship... Key word here being ship!!!
If he was more illusive, in a disco lando sort of way and scurted the word ship, my vote would have been crashed space station as well.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I suspect that the mystery derelict ship is the same Vanduul ship from the Reclaimer trailer:

http://youtu.be/hF8tVKGyMXY?t=40

That ship is enormous and obviously Vanduul. It's most likely a Vanduul Driller Carrier (revealed in an earlier trailer).

1440x810.jpg

The Driller is supposed to be 1.6 to 2 kilometres long. That could probably be seen from orbit. And the Reclaimer is a salvage ship, so it makes sense it would land to explore and salvage a derelict Vanduul cap ship that had crashed on a planet or moon's surface.

Perhaps we can draw clues from 3.0 content. Perhaps there will be a bunch of vanduul located in certain places. If you run into a horde of Scythes, uh, I recommend investigating further in case it really is a Driller. 

Good news about a Driller is that it should be easy to see because it is wide and fat. 

Do you guys think the scene in the video with the two explorers crouched on a hatchway, drilling their way into a ship may be a clue?

5 minutes ago, LloydM said:

So the unseen derelict is that one heavily featured derelict from the demo months ago? :D The one we have actually seen...

I know, that wasn't much of a "mystery ship" considering that CIG showed a Javelin wreck on a planet's surface in the CitizenCon 2016 demo way back in October 2016.

Alternatively, it's possible that the Javelin isn't the only derelict capital ship in Alpha 3.0. Sure, the Javelin shows up as a derelict in the game's inventory files, but that doesn't mean there isn't another derelict cap ship. CIG might not have added it to the game files or deliberately hidden it to prevent spoilers. I wouldn't take the derelict Javelin at face value -- not unless CIG explicitly says, "Yeah, the derelict cap ship we mentioned is the Javelin. There is NOT another cap ship to find."

• 3 months later...