Cyclone - New Rover Series by Tumbril

GeraldEvans

Tumbril-Buggy-Piece-07-Black-Beach-V012a.jpg

Tumbril-Buggy-Piece-06-Lagoon-V011.jpg

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices/319152

Screenshot_20170714-153855.jpg

tum·brilˈ - təmbrəl/

noun - historical

an open cart that tilted backward to empty out its load, in particular one used to convey condemned prisoners to the guillotine during the French Revolution.

a two-wheeled covered cart that carried tools or ammunition for an army.

Per Citizens of the Stars the next concept is a little buggy. 

basically, they are "redesigning" the work of the greycat and making it bigger and wheels capable you going "outside" the hanger.

Anyway, like this:

a farmer's cart, especially one for hauling manure, that can be tilted to discharge its load.

:D

just had a bad image of the word had really been tumbler, Batman. The game would bew filled with NPC as well dressed as batman and the meme would melt the intraweb :D

See his is closer size wise. I am still thinking about the connie to guess-measurement since. One thing, the lynx is basically something like that but scaled down again. @Danakar Endeel posted liquidpinky better style and @Donut with the closer size imho. almost forgot @AstroJak for a bad guy to hang out with at night as he can't handle his drink and/or other stuff if you need to see K9 squad :D

What about a Mark Watney-mobile? We've already got desert planets in the game (or soon) and habitation outposts, all we need now is our mars rover and we'll be good!

I'd say that this matches the CIG aesthetic well (perhaps less view obstructing bars on the cockpit...players would simply rage if this were implemented as is) and is basically an Ursa with a flat bed for cargo. 

EDIT: This thing also has that weird low gravity porpoise movement in The Martian movie that the Ursa had in the CitCon demo.

latest?cb=20160125053636

@GeraldEvans, it could be both; you just need to add some hamster cages to the back of the watneymobile with a hamster water feeder on the side to keep them alive. I've seen prisoner transport pop up a couple of places-is that because of the Tumbril / French Revolution guillotine usage connotation?

Im really expecting this concept sale to be as successful as the original rover sale...hold on, yeah no one bought those did they?
I guess cig should stop flogging secondary vehicals and hand over that 600i. Next concept sale from cig, the Super-Sonic laser toothbrush!!!
Sorry guys... i can get behind spaceships!!, maybe a selection of outpost buildings and even the occasional racer bike but grpund vehicals should just be left for in game purcahses not concept sales...
Just my 2 cents

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

One thing, I already had briefly mentioned it, the Lynx rover. While this does have similar specs (IE open top cargo) it is a tiny cargohold really. However the concept art for the lynx were shown years ago and the Rover rover had an overhaul making it more compacted to fit in the connie. So most likely the real lynx will look pretty different.

31b9f_Star_Citizen_Constellation_Rover_B

Constellation_Aquila_Ursa_rover_1_of_2.p

Unless Star Citizen/CIG is misleading and this is the same buggy model. There should be a much larger cargo hold  than this tiny little thing. 

tumbril is basically a hauler by definition.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Lynx_rover

esoteric
ˌɛsəˈtɛrɪk,ˌiːsəˈtɛrɪk/
adjective
adjective: esoteric
  1. intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.

Lynx and ursa are both rover designs. I never said anything about this being the the lynx  / tumbril. I have said this is the rover pic, But its cargohold is way too small to be the "tumbril". Stop whining please  

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Lynx_rover

esoteric ˌɛsəˈtɛrɪk,ˌiːsəˈtɛrɪk/ adjective adjective: esoteric
  1. intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.

Lynx and ursa are both rover designs. I never said anything about this being the the lynx  / tumbril. I have said this is the rover pic, But its cargohold is way too small to be the "tumbril". Stop whining please  
This isn't whining. You claimed the Lynx was an open cargo rover. This had not been said by anyone but you until now.

Hey guys, 

Happy Hour confirmed without dancing around that the next concept is the Cyclone. This is from the ships price post:

2017.07.14 - The Cyclone will go on sale Friday, July 21st. There will be five options, ranging from $45 to $70.

Also, there is a website redirect up now, if you go to if you go to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/cyclone it redirects too:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/cyclone/Cyclone-Cargo. David Haynes from Spectrum figured that one out (not me, I'm not that clever)