How to get a Gladius and a Dragonfly for only $25

Uthrac

Hi Everyone!

I figured out a way to get both a Gladius (w 6 MI) and a Dragonfly with only a small investment of $25.  You also get a few other cool rewards along the way.  I tested it out myself and it worked like a charm.  

So how?

By using the Referral program AND the 2017 Referral Contest concurrently- between now and Aug 8th it is possible to reap the rewards of both.  After this contest is up then it is still worth it just for the Gladius imo, since it is a $125 ship atm.

Exactly how?

That is up to you.  The goal is to earn 10 Referral Points (RP) linked to your account. I used Bing Ads, set up an account with the online chat.  Refused to put any money on it until AFTER I got the $100 coupon for new accounts (had to wait like 2 days for that), then I prepaid $25.  My ad on Bing has run 17 days now, and I have 58 prospects and 14 recruits.  I have spent $90 of my total $125 ad money so I am hopeful that I will get to Lt in the referral program (25 RP) before that amount dwindles to zero and I let it go idle.

If someone is interested in doing the same I think it is a good bet and I would not mind helping you out in setting up the account and the ad.  From experience I think using Google ads is not worth it (they charge too much per click and per impression while Bing only charges per click), however Google and Bing are running similar ad coupons for new accounts.  

What exactly can you get doing this now?

You can check the status of the referral program and your referral code by going to YOUR RSI ACCOUNT and clicking REFERRAL PROGRAM (the Referral Contest link is embedded on the REFERRAL PROGRAM page)

Below is the list from the RSI Referral Program webpage and below that is the list of rewards from the 2017 Referral Contest.

Referral Rewards

Spoiler

Recruiter 1 RP*
With 
01.jpg
Badger and Badges
A series of UEE Squadron Badges for you and a K&W CF-117 Badger repeater for your ship.

Private 3 RP*

02.jpg
Gimbals and Guns
Add fire power to your ship with two gimbal mounts and two K&W CF-007 Bulldog repeaters.

Corporal 5 RP*

03.jpg
Surf and Turf
Upgrade your hangar with a Greycat buggy and a stylish tank filled with exotic fish.

Sergeant 10 RP*

04.jpg
Gladius and Gold
Land your new Aegis Gladius next to this set of gold ship models celebrating some of the ’verse’s best: the Aurora, Constellation, Hornet, Avenger, & Freelancer.

& More

Spoiler

And from the 2017 Referral Contest you would win the Star Kitten T-Shirt (in game) and the exclusive Star Kitten Dragonfly between now and Aug 8th.
1 RP* or more

star-kitten-tshirt.jpg
Star Kitten Tee
Get a Sally Star Kitten in-game T-shirt for earning at least one additional referral point during the Contest (limit 1 per participating RSI Account). It's purr-fect to wear in the 'verse. Click here for more info on Star Kitten.
10 RP* or more

star-kitten-dragonfly.jpg
Star Kitten Pink Dragonfly
Speed across land and stars with the Pink Dragonfly. This special Sally Star Kitten Dragonfly is yours for earning at least ten additional referral points during the Contest (limit 1 per participating RSI Account). Click here for more info on Star Kitten.

& More

So if you like hangar flair and a Gladius short range patrol fighter/Dragonfly ship set then I think this is about the best deal out there right now- plus you promote Star Citizen which shouldn't hurt either :-)

You can check the status of the referral program and find your referral code by going to your MY RSI > MY ACCOUNT > REFERRAL PROGRAM (the Referral Contest link is embedded in the RANKING LADDER page)

Wish all you fellow Imperials (Imperiumals? haha) [orgmates in Imperium!] the best!

-Uthrac

This Post has been improved and edited by the Switchmeister :P (thx Switch! lol)

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT as of 2017-07-06
I just discovered that one must ACTIVELY ENROLL in the 2017 Referral Contest.  From your My RSI > My Account > Referral Program > Ranking Ladder > 2017 Referral Contest page you must then select "Enter Contest" and agree to the terms!  This was poorly thought out by RSI to say the least, as most people I know also failed to find this and, like myself, assumed that the Referral Program is automatic, so the Referral contest would also be automatic.  I have submitted a customer service request on this issue and am hoping CIG will have the decency to automate enrollment.  Until then it would be wise to go to the page and Enter the Contest ASAP.
Edited by Uthrac

• 2 weeks later...

That's the thing with ad farming. It even depends on luck as well.

Someone search SC up on google -> Clicks Your Ad -> Sign up for account -> Purchase $40 worth of products(And it have to be actual cash flowing into the game and not gifted by others) -> You get points.

On one hand, you help SC pay for adverts. On the other hand, too many people do this and it might be worth it to find another way to promote SC :P