CCUs bought with store credits still leave your package giftable

Pharesm

EDIT: Changed the title from the question it was to this - to avoid giving anyone a heart attack

It used to be, that when you applied a CCU you purchased for Store Credits to a giftable package or ship, it would remain giftable.

But I just noticed, that a previously giftable package I had upgraded a while ago, is not giftable anymore...

Anyone know if that mechanic got changed?

mmm... interesting! if it changed I didn't hear about it. Of the two ships that are ungiftable, one is because I got it back from the buyback list with the token, the other might be because of a credit ccu but I can't be certain, unfortunately I can't remember.

Did you get any kind of message warning that by applying the CCU the packages would be account bound? From my own experience, anything bought with store credit become account bound.  Might send a ticket in to confirm.

It's always been that if you bought a package or a ship with cash, then used Store Credit to buy a CCU, the ship would still be giftable. However, if you used store credit for any portion of the purchase of the original ship, then it wouldn't be giftable even if it was partially bought with Cash.

8 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

No, that is false. the CCU isn't going to effect the package giftable. melting and unmelting with store credit will always not have any giftable ship/package.

CCUs making the package giftable wasn't ever stated in the thread. 

First off: My apologies for this thread!  And thanks to everyone who answered!

I think I need to have my eyes checked ?!?

I saw this on two of my upgraded ships, but as I went today, to try to track how the heck I unwittingly messed things up - both of the ships in question ARE giftable (...again?)

I have no idea if I should blame Turbulent for a buggy display - or H.A.A.R.P. for messing up my neural pathways  ;-)

I suppose at least one person found out something new from this thread:  that upgrades do not mess with the giftability (is this a word?) of an existing giftable ship.

One other thing to think about:  In the course of changing the whole CCU system to

- eliminate $0 CCUs and probably making other changes to

- prevent gray marketers profiting off the $100 ship price increases

- prevent early backers from carrying forward their (promised) early backer discounted prices

CIG might also eliminate the CCU mechanics relevant to keeping your pledge giftable.

1 hour ago, Pharesm said:

CIG might also eliminate the CCU mechanics relevant to keeping your pledge giftable.

i'm going to do this again aren't I??? @Switch is going to get mad at me if i keep derailing conversations... so i'm bring this statement over to @Pharesm drop-in thread because it still falls in line with that thread.

AJ

11 hours ago, AstroJak said:

i'm going to do this again aren't I??? @Switch is going to get mad at me if i keep derailing conversations... so i'm bring this statement over to @Pharesm drop-in thread because it still falls in line with that thread.

AJ

As far as I'm concerned, its all the same subject, just looked at from different sides.

But then, I may just be lousy at detecting what others consider derailed, who have a more neat idea of a subject "properly" trimmed around the edges  ;-)

I trim my plants only minimally, out of principle.  A comment coming totally out of left field may be the one that finally solves a problem everybody was talking about!